WTA Rome 2022: Swiatek vs Sabalenka prediction and betting tips (May 14)
Iga Swiatek is the best player in the world. She has a streak of 26 victories with five to nil. Will she qualify for the fifth final in a row?
Aryna Sabalenka won over Amanda Anisimova (4-6, 6-3, 6-2) in the 1/4 final
Aryna Sabalenka won over Amanda Anisimova (4-6, 6-3, 6-2) in the 1/4 final

The Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Rome will take place on Saturday, 14 May 2022, starting at 10:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Stadio del tennis di Roma, Rome. Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka (May 14) semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka latest odds on betting sites

Iga Swiatek is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 78%. Aryna Sabalenka comes with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 22%.

The latest odds for Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka (May 14):

  • Over 19.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 19.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sabalenka — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Swiatek — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Sabalenka — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)

Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka match preview and statistics

Iga Swiatek eliminated Bianca Andreescu (7-6, 6-0) in the quarter-final.

We saw an unstable play in the first set. Iga Swiatek won the first two games, but her rival won the next three games in a row. In spite of this, Iga Swiatek won the next three games to reach a 5-3 score. She was close to finishing the set, but Andreescu leveled the score. In tie-breaks, Iga Swiatek did not lose a service point and won two return points to finish it with a 7-2 score.

In the second set, Iga Swiatek played flawlessly. She won all six games in a row to qualify for the current stage. Iga Swiatek did not give her rival break point opportunities and made only one double fault. She won 74% of service games and 75% of return games. Swiatek converted 100% out of three break points.

We have seen a total of under 8.5 games in the second set in four of the last five matches with Iga Swiatek participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) in this game.

Aryna Sabalenka won over Amanda Anisimova (4-6, 6-3, 6-2) in the last fixture.

In the first game of the first set, Amanda Anisimova reached a 40-15 score and converted the first break point. However, Aryna Sabalenka leveled the score in the fourth game. The tennis players traded winning games to a 4-3 score and Anisimova won three remaining games to finish the set with a 6-4 score.

Aryna Sabalenka received a break point in the first return game of the second set, but she did not finish it successfully. After a 1-1 score, she won the next two games, but Anisimova easily leveled the score. In spite of this, Aryna Sabalenka won the last three games to finish the second set with a 6-3 score. She did not make a double fault and won 62% of service points.

In the last game, Aryna Sabalenka played much better than Amanda Anisimova. She converted two out of three break points in the first and third return games. Then the American tennis player reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point in the sixth game, but it was not enough. Sabalenka won two more games and finished the match with a 2-1 score.

Aryna Sabalenka has completed more than two breaks in all matches in the 2022 WTA Rome. She is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) to complete three or more breaks against Iga Swiatek.

Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka H2H

Iga Swiatek pulled Aryna Sabalenka (6-2, 6-2) down in the 2022 WTA Stuttgart. She made two double faults in two sets. Swiatek received eight break points and completed four breaks. She saved 100% out of two break points in this match.

Aryna Sabalenka won only four service games and did not win a return one. She won 51% of service points and 33% of return points. Sabalenka saved four out of eight breaks, but did not convert a single one.

Iga Swiatek vs Aryna Sabalenka predictions and betting tips

Iga Swiatek has met Aryna Sabalenka twice in the 2022 season, and she has won both matches to nil. Sabalenka won only four games in the last H2H match, and five games in the game before last. However, she has won six of the last eight matches. In these games, Aryna Sabalenka destroyed Anett Kontaveit, Paula Badosa, Jessica Pegula and Amanda Anisimova, who have shown confident performances this season.

I believe that Aryna Sabalenka will be able to win a set this time. Also, we have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the second set in four of the last five matches with Aryna Sabalenka participating in all H2H matches. A total of under 8.5 games in the first set has played out in four of the last five games with Iga Swiatek’s participation. I believe we will not see more than nine games in the second set this time.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sabalenka

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 9.5 games (2nd set)

Odds: 1.67 (-150 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Tennis WTA . WTA Rome. Semi-finals
Iga Swiatek — Aryna Sabalenka
Not settled
Under 9.5 games (2nd set)
1.67
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!