WTA Miami Open 2022: Osaka vs Swiatek prediction and betting tips (April 2)
Iga Swiatek has a streak of 16 victories, but Naomi Osaka won a single head-to-head game. Who will win the tournament?
Iga Swiatek has won over many strong rivals in the 2022 WTA Miami Open
Iga Swiatek has won over many strong rivals in the 2022 WTA Miami Open

The Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek fixture in the final of the 2022 WTA Miami Open will take place on Saturday, 2 April 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. EDT (5:00 p.m. GMT). The venue is Sun Life Stadium, Miami. Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek (April 2) final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek latest odds on betting sites

Naomi Osaka is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 38%. Iga Swiatek comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 62%.

The latest odds for Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek (April 2):

  • Over 21.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 21.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 2.35 (+135; 27/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Osaka — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Swiatek — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Osaka — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek match preview and statistics

Naomi Osaka won over Belinda Bencic (4-6, 6-3, 6-4) in the semi-final.

Osaka reached a 40-15 score in the second game of the first set, Bencic saved all break points. In the next game, the Swiss tennis player converted the first break point and won two more games in a row. Osaka won the next two games and was close to level the score. She converted one out of two break points. However then Bencic did not win more return games to finish the set with a 6-4 score.

Naomi Osaka won the first two games of the second set, but Belinda Bencic won the next two to level the score. After this Osaka won three games in a row and the tennis players traded the last service games. Naomi Osaka won 61% of service points and 47% of return points.

The Japanese tennis player received two break points in the third game, but she did not finish them successfully. Then Naomi Osaka won four games in a row. She converted two out of four break points and saved all two breaks during these games. Belinda Bencic won the eighth and ninth games, but Osaka won the last one to finish the match.

We have seen a total of under 19.5 games in six of the last seven matches with Naomi Osaka participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this game.

Iga Swiatek eliminated Jessica Pegula (6-2, 7-5) in the previous stage.

In the first set, Pegula won the first game, but Swiatek won the next three games. Iga Swiatek reached a 40-0 score in the fifth game, but she did not convert three break points. In spite of this, she won the next three games to finish the set with a 6-2 score. Iga Swiatek won 71% and 48% of service and return games, respectively.

In the second set, both tennis players played unstably. They played in service games confidently to a 2-1 score. Then they traded return games to a 4-3 score and Iga Swiatek won the fourth service game to level the score. After that, the tennis players traded fifth return games and the Polish tennis player won the last two games in a row to finish the set with a 7-5 score. She made only one double fault. Iga Swiatek saved and converted four break points each.

Iga Swiatek extended her streak of 2-0 victories to eight matches. She is priced with the odds of 2.35 (+135; 27/20) to win over Naomi Osaka to nil.

Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek H2H

Naomi Osaka beat Iga Swiatek (7-6, 6-4) in the 2019 Canadian Open. She won 82% of service games and 65% of points. Osaka won three out of 11 return games and 45% of points. Naomi Osaka saved 60% out of five break points and converted 43% of break points.

Iga Swiatek won 73% and 18% of service and return games, respectively. She saved four out of seven break points and converted two out of five break points. Swiatek won 55% of service points and 35% of return points.

Naomi Osaka vs Iga Swiatek predictions and betting tips

Iga Swiatek has won over many strong rivals in the 2022 WTA Miami Open. Naomi Osaka has performed perfectly too, but her rivals were not as strong as Iga Swiatek. In the last head-to-head fixture, Naomi Osaka played a bit better than Swiatek, but the Polish tennis player was much weaker in that match than now. I believe that Iga Swiatek will win this match, because she is in her best form now. She has a streak of 16 victories and won two tournaments in a row. A total of over 21.5 games looks safe. It has played out in their H2H match.

Betting prediction: Iga Swiatek to win & over 21.5 games

Odds: 2.75 (+175 American; 7/4 Fractional)

Tennis WTA . 2022 Miami Open. Finals
Naomi Osaka — Iga Swiatek
Not settled
Iga Swiatek to win & over 21.5 games
2.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!