WTA Indian Wells 2022: Swiatek vs Sakkari prediction and betting tips (March 20)
Iga Swiatek has a streak of 10 victories, whereas Sakkari has won three out of four head-to-head matches. Who will win the tournament?
Iga Swiatek pulled Simona Halep (7-6, 6-4) down in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells
Iga Swiatek pulled Simona Halep (7-6, 6-4) down in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells

The Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari fixture in the final of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells will take place on Sunday, 20 March 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells. Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari (March 20) final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari latest odds on betting sites

Iga Swiatek is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Maria Sakkari comes with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 35%.

The latest odds for Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari (March 20):

  • Over 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sakkari — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Swiatek — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Sakkari — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari match preview and statistics

Iga Swiatek pulled Simona Halep (7-6, 6-4) down in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells.

The tennis players started the first set confidently. They played flawlessly in service games to a 2-3 score. In the sixth game, Swiatek reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point. However, Halep won the next two games to level the score. Then they won fifth return games and sixth service games. In tie-breaks they looked equally too, but Halep lost four points in a row after a 6-4 score.

In the second set, both tennis players were not stable. Halep won the first service game, but Iga Swiatek won the next two games. Then her rival won the next three games and the Polish tennis player won the last four games to finish the set. Iga Swiatek converted three out of eight breakpoints and saved one out of three breaks.

A total of over 9.5 games in the first set has played out in four out of five matches in this tournament with Iga Swiatek participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in this game.

Maria Sakkari won over Paula Badosa (6-2, 4-6, 6-1) in the last game.

Badosa Gibert converted one out of two break points to win the first game of the first set, but then Maria Sakkari won the next four games in a row. After that, Paula Badosa won the third service game, but her rival won two remaining games to finish the set. Maria Sakkari converted three out of five breakpoints and saved 75% out of four breaks.

In the second set, the tennis players traded first service games and second return games. Then Paula Badosa Gibert won two games in a row. Maria Sakkari reached a 40-30 score in the fourth return game, but she did not convert a break point and Paula Badosa finished the set with a 6-4 score in her favor.

Maria Sakkari won the first two games of the last set, but Paula Badosa reached a 40-0 score in the second return game and converted the second breakpoint. In spite of this, the Greek tennis player won four remaining games to qualify for the final stage. She converted three out of four breaks and made only one double fault.

Maria Sakkari has won three out of four H2H matches against Swiatek to nil. She is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10) to win this match with a 2-0 score.

Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari H2H

Iga Swiatek beat Maria Sakkari (6-4, 6-3) in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Qatar. She won seven out of 10 service games and five return games. Swiatek won 56% and 52% of service and return points, respectively. The Polish tennis player faced eight breakpoints and saved five of them. She converted five out of eight breaks.

Maria Sakkari converted and saved three breakpoints each. She won 48% of service points and 44% of return. Sakkari won only four service and three return games in this match.

Iga Swiatek vs Maria Sakkari predictions and betting tips

Maria Sakkari has won 10 of the last 12 matches. She has met many strong opponents in this tournament like Paula Badosa or Elena Rybakina, and won these matches confidently. Also, she has won three out of four head-to-head games against Iga Swiatek. However, her performance in the last one was terrible. She started sets well and was not able to finish them in her favor.

Iga Swiatek is in perfect form too. This is her second final in a row and she has a streak of 10 victories. I believe that we will see three sets in this game, because players are absolutely equal at the moment. Also, we may see a total of over 9.5 games in the first set. It has played out in four out of five matches in this tournament with Iga Swiatek participating. Also, we have seen the same total in three out of four H2H matches, including the last one.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets

Odds: 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (1st set)

Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional)

Tennis WTA . 2022 Indian Wells. Final
Iga Swiatek — Maria Sakkari
Not settled
Over 2.5 sets
2.60
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!