World Cup 2022 qualification: Sweden vs Greece prediction and betting tips (October 12)
Sweden is close to taking first place in Group B. All they need is to beat Greece that came out on top in their most recent head-to-head fixture.
Emil Forsberg (Sweden) is in top-notch form in Bundesliga right now
Emil Forsberg (Sweden) is in top-notch form in Bundesliga right now

The Sweden vs Greece fixture will take place on Tuesday, 12 October 2021, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Friends Arena, Stockholm. Sweden vs Greece (October 12) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Sweden vs Greece (October 12) latest odds on betting sites

Sweden is priced with the odds of 1.92 (-109 American; 23/25 Fractional) to take first place in its group. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 52%. Greece is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2) to take three points in the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 22%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2). The chances of this outcome are equal to 26%.

The latest odds for Sweden vs Greece (October 12) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Sweden — 4.00 (+300; 3/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Greece — 1.25 (-400; 4/1)
  • Alexander Isak to score at any time — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Viktor Gyokeres to score at any time — 3.20 (+220; 11/5)

Sweden vs Greece (October 12) match preview and stats

Sweden is second in its group with 12 points in five matches. They beat four rivals and lost a match. In the most recent game, they met Kosovo (3-0). The Blue and Yellow dominated in the first half. They controlled the ball 63% of the time and made 33 attacks. Sweden made nine shots with three on target. Emil Forsberg scored a penalty. In the second half, teams were approximately equal. Sweden controlled the ball only 47% of the time. They attacked only 27 times and made 11 shots with seven on target. Alexander Isak and Robin Quaison bagged their goals.

The Blue and Yellow have controlled the ball 47% of the time at the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification. They have made approximately 16 shots per match, with 33 shots on target in five matches. Sweden launched 251 attacks. In the defence, The Blue and Yellow have played flawlessly too. They have completed approximately 33 defensive actions per match on average.

We have seen a total over 2.5 goals in the last six matches with Sweden participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) in the next match.

Greece is third in its group. They took nine points and did not lose a match. The Pirate Ship won two matches and drew two times. They beat Georgia (2-0) in the most recent match. In the first half, Greece controlled the ball 47% of the time. They made 22 attacks and nine shots with four on target but did not finish them successfully. The second half was similar to the first. The Pirate Ship controlled the ball 58% of the time and attacked 35 times. They made seven shots with four on target. The first goal had been scored in the 90th minute. In the 95th minute, the score became 2-0.

The Pirate Ship have controlled the ball 43.8% of the time which is a low ratio. They made only 43 shots with 18 on target. Greece attacked 190 times only. In the defence, they have played badly too. John van't Schip’s boys have completed 21 defensive actions only per game on average in this tournament.

Both teams have scored in eight of the last nine fixtures with Greece participating. This outcome is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this game.

Sweden vs Greece (October 12) key players and lineups

Sweden projected starting lineup:

  • Robin Olsen
  • Ludwig Augustinsson
  • Marcus Danielson
  • Victor Lindelof
  • Emil Krafth
  • Emil Forsberg
  • Mattias Svanberg
  • Kristoffer Olsson
  • Viktor Claesson
  • Dejan Kulusevski
  • Alexander Isak

Emil Forsberg played flawlessly at the Euro 2020 and equally well in the 2021-22 Bundesliga. Emil scored four goals in five matches at the 2020 European Championship. Besides, he made 12 shots with six on target in the 2021-22 Bundesliga.

Greece projected starting lineup:

  • Odysseas Vlachodimos
  • Pantelis Hatzidiakos
  • Georgios Tzavellas
  • Konstantinos Mavropanos
  • Thanasis Androutsos
  • Andreas Bouchalakis
  • Petros Mantalos
  • Konstantinos Tsimikas
  • Anastasios Bakasetas
  • Vangelis Pavlidis
  • Anastasios Douvikas

Anastasios Bakasetas scored three goals and made an assist at the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification. Also, he created 10 chances in penalty areas.

Sweden vs Greece (October 12) betting tips and prediction

Sweden has incredible stats in this tournament, whereas Greece played much worse. Of course, the most recent head-to-head did not finish in favor of The Blue and Yellow, but in the other matches, Sweden played better than The Pirate Ship. I believe the former will win this fixture. Also, Greece is unlikely to score a goal because their attack was too bad at the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification. A total under 2.5 goals looks like a safe outcome too.

Betting prediction: Sweden to win

Odds: 1.92 (-109 American; 23/25 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Greece not to score

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)

Football FIFA World Cup 2022 . European qualifiers. Round 1. Matchday 8
Sweden — Greece
Won
Futures
Sweden to win
1.92
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!