World Cup 2022 qualifiers: Netherlands vs Norway prediction and betting tips (November 16)
The Netherlands have lost only one out of ten H2H matches against Norway. Will the Lions win one more head-to-head game this time?
Memphis Depay (Netherlands) is the best top-scorer in the World Cup qualification
Memphis Depay (Netherlands) is the best top-scorer in the World Cup qualification
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Netherlands vs Norway fixture will take place on Tuesday, 16 November 2021, starting at 7:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stadion Feijenoord, Rotterdam. The Netherlands vs Norway (November 16) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Netherlands vs Norway (November 16) latest odds on betting sites

The Netherlands are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to take Stale Solbakken’s boys down in this fixture. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 66%. Norway is priced with the odds of 7.00 (+600; 6/1) to take three points in the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 14%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1). The chances of this outcome are equal to 20%.

The latest odds for Netherlands vs Norway (November 16) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Netherlands — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Norway — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Memphis Depay to score at any time — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Donyell Malen to score at any time — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)

Netherlands vs Norway (November 16) match preview and stats

The Netherlands are first in their group. They took 20 points in nine matches. Louis van Gaal’s boys won six matches, drew two times and lost one fixture. In the most recent game, they met Montenegro (2-2).

In the first half, the Netherlands controlled the ball 72% of the time and attacked 29 times. But they made only three shots with one on target, whereas Montenegro made seven shots with one on target and blocked three shots by Louis van Gaal’s men. The Netherlands made one save and finished their shot on target successfully. In the 25th minute, Memphis Depay scored a penalty.

In the second half, the Flying Dutchmen played well too. They controlled the ball 66% of the time and attacked 18 times, whereas Montenegro made only eight attacks. The Netherlands made six shots with two on target and completed two blocks. Denzel Dumfries assisted Memphis Depay to score the second goal in the 54th minute. But then Ilija Vukotic and Nikola Vujnovic scored first and second goals, respectively to draw in this fixture.

Netherland played well in the most recent H2H fixture against Norway. They controlled the ball 66% of the time. Besides, Louis van Gaal’s men made 16 shots with five on target and attacked 87 times but they bagged only one goal. The Netherlands completed 24 defensive actions in this match.

We have seen a total under 2.5 goals in the last four head-to-head fixtures between the Netherlands and Norway. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) in the next match.

The Netherlands team news: Steven Berghuis — leg injury, Jurriën Timber — muscle injury.

Norway are third in Group G. They took 18 points in nine games. The Lions beat five rivals, drew three times and lost a fixture. In the last match, Norway played against Latvia (0-0).

They performed confidently in the first half. Norway controlled the ball 71% of the time. They attacked 37 times, made eight shots with one on target. Latvia made four shots with one on target. Stale Solbakken’s men blocked one shot and made a save. In the 21st minute, Morten Thorsby received a yellow card.

In the second half, the Lions absolutely dominated. They controlled the ball 71% of the time and attacked 53 times whereas Latvia made only eight attacks. Stale Solbakken’s boys made 17 shots with four on target. They blocked six shots and made a save. In the 80th minute, Mohamed Elyounoussi scored a goal but it was cancelled due to offside.

In the most recent head-to-head game against the Netherlands, Norway controlled the ball 34% of the time. They made only seven shots with two on target and finished one of them successfully. Stale Solbakken’s men attacked only 25 times. They made two blocks and four saves in this match.

Norway have scored 10 goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1) to score two goals in the next fixture.

Norway team news: Erling Haaland — leg injury.

Netherlands vs Norway (November 16) key players and lineups

Netherlands projected starting lineup:

  • Justin Bijlow
  • Denzel Dumfries
  • Stefan de Vrij
  • Virgil van Dijk
  • Daley Blind
  • Davy Klaassen
  • Frenkie de Jong
  • Georginio Wijnaldum
  • Noa Lang
  • Memphis Depay
  • Arnaut Danjuma

Memphis Depay is the best top-scorer in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification. He scored 11 goals and made six assists in nine fixtures, which is a great result. He scored six goals and made two assists in 12 matches in the 2021-22 LaLiga.

Norway projected starting lineup:

  • Orjan Nyland
  • Birger Meling
  • Stefan Strandberg
  • Andreas Hanche-Olsen
  • Marcus Pedersen
  • Morten Thorsby
  • Fredrik Midtsjo
  • Martin Odegaard
  • Mohamed Elyounoussi
  • Kristian Thorstvedt
  • Jens Petter Hauge

Mohamed Elyounoussi is the second best scorer in his team after Erling Haaland. He scored three goals and made an assist.

Netherlands vs Norway (November 16) betting tips and prediction

The Netherlands played well in this tournament. But they have 20 points, whereas Norway won 18 points. Both teams need to win this game to be qualified for the main stage. The Flying Dutchmen have a much stronger lineup, whereas Norway do not have strong forwards apart from Erling Haaland who is injured now. The Netherlands could win the game but Norway are able to score a goal, because they have scored 10 goals in the last five matches and scored a goal in the most recent H2H match against the Netherlands. That is the reason why we could see a total over 2.5 goals and both teams are able to score.

Betting prediction: Netherlands to win & over 2.5 goals

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Football FIFA World Cup 2022 . European qualifiers. Round 1. Matchday 10
Netherlands — Norway
Lost
Netherlands to win & over 2.5 goals
2.50
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!