The Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia fixture in the final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Sunday, 11 September 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York. Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (September 11) 2022 US Open final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia latest odds on betting sites
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia is priced with the odds of 1.45 (-222 American; 9/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Casper Ruud comes with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 35%.
The latest odds for Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (September 11):
- Over 39.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 39.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Alcaraz Garfia — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Ruud — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Alcaraz Garfia — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia match preview and statistics
Casper Ruud beat Karen Khachanov (7-6, 6-2, 5-7, 6-2) in the semi-final.
Ruud converted the first break point in the second game of the first set to reach a 2-0 score, but Khachanov instantly leveled the score. The tennis players traded winning their fourth return games and were equal to a 6-6 score. Ruud was a bit stronger in tie-breaks and finished it with a 7-5 score.
In the first game of the second set, Ruud reached a 40-0 score, but he did not convert three break points. In spite of this, he won the next five games in a row. The tennis players traded winning their last service games to finish the set.
In the third set, the Norwegian tennis player was unable to receive a break point. Khachanov had his first break point in the fourth game, but he did not convert it. In the 12th game, he got one more opportunity and finished it in his favor.
Casper Ruud received six break points in his first three return games and converted two of them to reach a 4-1 score. The tennis players did not give each other break points in the remaining games to finish the set with a 6-2 score.
Casper Ruud has won six games in the first set in all matches in this tournament with his participation. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this final.
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia had a close match against Frances Tiafoe (6-7, 7-3, 6-1, 6-7, 6-3) in the previous stage.
In the first set, the tennis players were absolutely equal. Carlos Alcaraz had two break points in the seventh game, but did not convert them, whereas Tiafoe did not convert his set point in the 12th game. However, the American tennis players finished tie-breaks in his favor by winning the last two points in a row.
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia won three games in a row after a 2-2 score in the second set. Frances Tiafoe received a break point in the ninth game, but did not convert it and his rival finished the set with a 6-3 score.
In the third set, the Spanish tennis player won the first four games in a row to receive a huge lead. He did not let Tiafoe come back and won the set with a 6-1 score.
The tennis players traded winning their games to a 6-6 score in the fourth set. Frances Tiafoe showed flawless play in tie-breaks again. He won three games in a row after a 4-5 score to level a set score.
After a 2-2 score in the last set, Carlos Alcaraz won two games in a row. He did not give his rival break points in the remaining games to qualify for the next stage.
A total of over 4.5 sets has played out in the last three matches with Carlos Alcaraz Garfia participating. The same total comes with the odds of 3.25 (+225; 9/4) in this game.
Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia H2H
Casper Ruud defeated Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (7-6, 6-2) in the 2022 Hurlingham Exhibition. He received five break point opportunities and converted two of them. Also, she finished a single tie-breaks in his favor and did not give Alcaraz Garfia a break point opportunity.
The Spanish tennis player won over Casper Ruud in the final of the 2022 ATP Miami (7-5, 6-4) and in the quarter-final of the 2021 ATP Marbella (6-2, 6-4).
Casper Ruud vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia predictions and betting tips
Casper Ruud makes his fans happy during this tournament. He has not had problems and has not made a lot of mistakes in the previous stages. Ruud easily defeated Matteo Berrettini in the quarter-final and showed confident play against Karen Khachanov in the semi-final.
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia started this tournament well, but his play in the last three stages was disappointing. He had a close match against Cilic and Tiafoe. In the quarter-final match against Jannik Sinner, the Spanish tennis player was supposed to win four remaining games in each of his winning sets to come back. Also, he was defeated by Ruud in the last H2H match with a 2-0 score. His victory is not safe in this final. I believe that Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud is the best outcome in this match.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud
Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)