The Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Wednesday, 7 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York. Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe (September 7) 2022 US Open quarter-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe latest odds on betting sites
Andrey Rublev is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 48%. Frances Tiafoe comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 52%.
The latest odds for Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe (September 7):
- Over 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Rublev — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tiafoe — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
- Asian handicap (+0.5) games on Rublev — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-0.5) games on Tiafoe — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe match preview and statistics
Andrey Rublev pulled Cameron Norrie (6-4, 6-4, 6-4) down in the quarter-final.
In the first set, both tennis players showed absolutely equal play. They won their service games and did not lose more than 30 points in most of their service games to a 4-4 score. In the ninth game, Andrey Rublev reached a 40-15 score to receive a single break point in this set and convert it. Then he won the last game to finish the set in his favor.
In the first game of the second set, Rublev reached a 40-30 score, but did not convert a break point. However, he finished one out of two break points in the second return game successfully. Cameron Norrie was able to level the score in the fourth game, but he did not convert a break point. Then Rublev did not give his rival more break point opportunities to finish the set in his favor.
The tennis players traded winning their first service games in the last set. Andrey Rublev received a lead by winning the third return game, but Cameron Norrie instantly leveled the score by converting the first break point in the sixth game. In spite of this, Rublev won three games in a row after a 3-4 score to finish the match with a 3-0 score.
A total of under 9.5 games in the second set has played out in three out of four matches in this tournament with Anrey Rublev participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in this match.
Frances Tiafoe won over Rafael Nadal (6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3) in the last game.
In the first set, both tennis players were absolutely equal. We saw only one break point that was received by Tiafoe in the seventh game. The American tennis player converted this break point to finish the set in his favor. He won 67% and 38% of break points in this set.
The second set was similar to the first one, but two break points in this set were received by Rafael Nadal. In the last game, Rafa reached a 40-15 score. He did not convert the first break point, but finished the second one successfully to level the set-score.
In the third set, the tennis players traded winning service games to a 3-3 score. In the seventh game, Frances Tiafoe reached a 40-30 score and converted the first break point. Then he kept his lead to finish the set in his favor with a 6-4 score.
The last set was the most unpredictable. Tiafoe received his first break point in the first game, but he did not convert it. After a 1-1 score, Rafael Nadal won two games in a row. He should have just kept his lead to win the set, but Frances Tiafoe won five games in a row to win the match with a 6-3 score.
Frances Tiafoe has won a single Bo5 match against Andrey Rublev. His victory is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) this time.
Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe H2H
Andrey Rublev destroyed Frances Tiafoe (6-3, 6-4) in the 1/16 of the 2022 Indian Wells. In the first set, the American tennis player received a fast two-game lead, but Rublev came back by winning three games in a row. In the second set, Andrey Rublev did not let Tiafoe convert his break points and won one return game to win the match.
Andrey Rublev vs Frances Tiafoe predictions and betting tips
In this tournament, both tennis players have played well. Rublev destroyed Cameron Norrie and Denis Shapovalov in the last two matches, whereas Tiafoe sensationally beat Rafael Nadal with a 3-1 score and eliminated Diego Schwartzman with a 3-0 score. In the last H2H game Rublev was a bit better, but Frances Tiafoe was in a worse form at that time.
In this tournament, the American tennis player has won three out of four opponents with a 3-0 score, whereas Rublev was close to being eliminated by Shapovalov and Djere. Frances Tiafoe looks a bit better, but his victory is not a safe outcome. Overall, the tennis players are approximately equal, that is the reason why a total of over 40.5 games is safe.
Betting prediction: Over 40.5 games
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)