The Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Tuesday, 6 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia (September 6) 2022 US Open quarter-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia latest odds on betting sites
Cori Gauff is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 43%. Caroline Garcia comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to win this match. The chances of her victory are around 57%.
The latest odds for Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia (September 6):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Garcia— 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Gauff — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Garcia — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Gauff — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia match preview and statistics
Cori Gauff eliminated Shuai Zhang (7-5, 7-5) in the previous stage.
In the first return game of the first set, Zhang reached a 40-30 score and converted the third break points, but Cori Gauff leveled the score by winning the next two games in a row. Also, the tennis players converted 100% of break points in their fourth return games and traded their fifth service games to reach a 5-5 score. Then Cori Gauff won two games in a row to finish the set in her favor.
Shuai Zhang reached a 40-30 score in the first return game in the second set too, but she did not convert it this time. In the fifth game, Cori Gauff got her two break points, but they were not converted too. After a 3-3 score, Shuai Zhang won two games in a row and was close to level the set-score, but Cori Gauff came back by winning the next four games in a row and finished the match with a 2-0 score.
A total of under 2.5 sets has played out in the last six matches with Cori Gauff participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.55 (-182; 11/20) in this fixture.
Caroline Garcia won over Alison Riske (6-4, 6-1) in the last game.
The American tennis player received her first break point in the third game of the first set, but her rival saved it. Then they traded winning service games and did not give each other break points to a 5-4 score. In the last game, Caroline Garcia reached a 40-15 score and converted the first break point to win the first set.
Garcia won the first three games in the second to receive a fast three-game lead. Alison Riske won her next service game, but the French tennis player won three games more to finish the set with a 6-1 score. She won 65% and 59% of service and return points, respectively.
A total of under 8.5 games in the second set has played out in three out of four matches in this tournament with Caroline Garcia participating. The same total comes with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1).
Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia H2H
Cori Gauff beat Caroline Garcia (6-2, 7-6) in the 1/16 finals of the 2022 WTA Qatar. In the first set, Gauff faced only two break points and easily saved them. Also, she converted two out of three created break point opportunities. In the second set, the tennis players showed equal performances, but Gauff was flawless in tie-breaks and did not lose a point to win it with a 7-3 score.
Cori Gauff vs Caroline Garcia predictions and betting tips
Caroline Garcia shows flawless play now. She has a streak of 12 victories and has qualified for two finals in the last three tournaments. Garcia has won over all rivals in this tournament with a 2-0 score. Of course, these rivals were weaker than Gauff, but still this result is awesome.
Cori Gauff has beaten all her opponents in the 2022 US Open too, but she had a streak of two victories before this tournament. In the last H2H match, Cori Gauff played more confidently than Caroline Garcia, but the French tennis player was not in such good form that time. Both tennis players are strong now, which is the reason why we may see a total of over 21.5 games in this match
Betting prediction: Over 21.5 games
Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)