Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction and betting tips (May 4)
The Toronto Maple Leafs have a streak of four victories. They won the first match against the Tampa Bay Lightning to nil.
Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay) scored 3 goals in the most recent game
Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay) scored 3 goals in the most recent game

The Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Wednesday, 4 May 2022, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:30 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Scotiabank Arena, Toronto. The Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning (4 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning latest odds on betting sites

The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.55 (+155 American; 31/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Toronto Maple Leafs come with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 41%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.75 (+375; 15/4), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.

The latest odds for Maple Leafs vs Lightning (4 May 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning match preview and statistics

The Toronto Maple Leafs received 115 points in 82 fixtures to finish the Eastern Conference third.

In the last match, the Maple Leafs beat the Tampa Bay Lightning (5-0). They played a bit better in the first period. The Toronto Maple Leafs made eight shots on target and completed 17 defensive actions. Tampa made only five shots on target and did not score a goal. In the 19th minute, Jake Muzzin opened the score.

In the second period, the teams played approximately equal, but the Lightning did not score a goal. The Toronto Maple Leafs made 12 shots and won 67% out of 24 face-offs. Auston Matthews scored the second goal in powerplay in the 27th minute. David Kampf and Mitch Marner bagged two more goals.

The Toronto Maple Leafs played better than their rivals in the last period too. They made 13 shots and finished one of them successfully. The Tampa Bay Lightning made eight shots and won seven face-offs. In the 49th minute, Auston Matthews scored the last goal.

We have seen a total of under 6.5 goals in four of the last five matches with the Toronto Maple Leafs participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this game.

Toronto Maple Leafs team news: Michael Bunting — upper body injury, Petr Mrazek — groin injury, Rasmus Sandin — knee injury.

The Tampa Bay Lightning were fifth in the Eastern Conference with 110 points in 82 games.

They defeated the New Jersey Islanders (6-4) in the last match of the regular season. In the first period, both teams were absolutely equal. They made 10 shots on target and scored one goal each. In the first minute, Jean-Gabriel Pageau opened the score, but Stamkos leveled the score in 10 minutes.

They played equally in the second period too. The Tampa Bay Lightning made 11 shots on target and completed 12 defensive actions, but they did not score a goal. The Islanders made 11 shots and finished two of them successfully. Kieffer Bellows and Josh Bailey scored these goals.

In the last period, Tampa made 13 more shots on target and won 10 face-offs. The New Jersey Islanders finished only one out of 16 shots successfully. Corey Perry, Ryan McDonagh, Steven Stamkos and Brandon Hagel scored five goals in this period, whereas Zdeno Chara bagged a single goal for his team.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have scored 34 goals in the last seven matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) to score four goals.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H

Sheldon Keefe’s men won over the Lightning (5-0) in the most recent game. They made 33 shots on target and won 56% out of 52 face-offs. The Toronto Maple Leafs completed 63 defensive actions.

The Tampa Bay Lightning made 24 shots and did not score a goal. Tampa completed 42 defensive actions and won 23 remaining face-offs.

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning lineups and key players

Toronto Maple Leafs projected starting lineup:

  • Erik Kallgren
  • T. J. Brodie
  • Morgan Rielly
  • Mitch Marner
  • Auston Matthews
  • Pierre Engvall

Auston Matthews scored two goals and made an assist in the most recent game. Also, he was the sixth best attacker in the regular season.

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Anthony Cirelli
  • Ondrej Palat

Steven Stamkos scored three goals in the most recent game. He is the one to watch.

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning predictions and betting tips

The Toronto Maple Leafs played perfectly in the most recent fixture. They attacked well and did not concede a goal. Jon Cooper’s men showed a confident performance in the last game of the regular season. Also, they played incredibly in the game before last and finished it with an 8-1 score in their favor. I believe that they will be well motivated after losing the first round and will show their best play again.

They are able to score four or more goals. This outcome has played out in five of the last seven matches. The Maple Leafs are in good condition now, and they will play well too, that is the reason why we may see a total of over 6.5 goals. The same outcome has played out in three of the last four H2H games.

Betting prediction: Over 3.5 goals by Tampa Bay

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractions)

Ice Hockey NHL . Playoffs Round 1. Game 2
Toronto Maple Leafs — Tampa Bay Lightning
Not settled
Over 3.5 goals by Tampa Bay
2.25
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!