Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs prediction and betting tips (April 21)
The Toronto Maple Leafs have a streak of four victories and have won four of the last five head-to-head games against the Lightning.
Steven Stamkos (Lightning) has scored 33 goals and has made 54 assists in the 2021-22 NHL
Steven Stamkos (Lightning) has scored 33 goals and has made 54 assists in the 2021-22 NHL

The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Wednesday, 21 April 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 p.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs (21 April 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs latest odds on betting sites

The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 42%. The Toronto Maple Leafs come with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 40%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 18%.

The latest odds for Lightning vs Maple Leafs (21 April 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs match preview and statistics

The Tampa Bay Lightning are third in the Atlantic Division with 100 points. They have 46 victories, 30 losses with eight overtimes.

The Lightning beat the Detroit Red Wings (3-4) in the most recent fixture. In the first period, the Lightning played perfectly, but they did not finish their moments successfully. They made 15 shots on target and won eight face-offs, whereas the Red Wings made only five shots on target.

In the second period, both teams played approximately equal. The Tampa Bay Lightning made 13 shots on target, won 63% out of 19 face-offs and completed 21 defensive actions. Ross Colton opened the score in the 24th minute. Oskar Sundqvist, Jakub Vrana and Lucas Raymond scored their goals for the Red Wings. Nikita Kucherov scored the second goal for the Lightning in the 30th minute.

The Tampa Bay Lightning played a bit better in the last period. They finished one out of 13 shots on target successfully. Jon Cooper’s men won 12 face-offs and completed 15 defensive actions. In the 41st minute, Ross Colton scored one more goal to level the score. Jakub Vrana scored a winning goal in the 46th minute.

A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in four of the last six matches with the Tampa Bay Lightning participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) this time.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.

The Toronto Maple Leafs received 108 points in 77 games to be second in the Atlantic Division.

In the last match, they won over the Philadelphia Flyers (5-2). The Toronto Maple Leafs made 12 shots on target, whereas their rivals made 15 shots, but both teams did not score their goals in the first period. The Maple Leafs and the Flyers won 10 face-offs each. Sheldon Keefe’s men completed 18 defensive actions.

In the second period, the Toronto Maple Leafs made only eight shots on target, but they finished three of them successfully. The Philadelphia Flyers made 14 shots on target, but bagged only one goal. Timothy Liljegren scored the first goal in the second minute, but James van Riemsdyk leveled the score in seven minutes. William Nylander and Jason Spezza scored their goals in the 34th and 40th minutes, respectively.

In the last period, the teams performed equally. The Toronto Maple Leafs made nine shots on target, whereas the Philadelphia Flyers made 10 shots. Sheldon Keefe’s men completed 16 defensive actions and won 11 face-offs. David Kampf and Ilya Mikheev scored their goals for the Maple Leafs. Ronnie Attard scored the second for his team.

We have seen a total of over 1.5 goals in the first period in seven of the last nine matches with the Maple Leafs’ participation. This outcome is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this game.

Toronto Maple Leafs team news: Ondrej Kase — concussion, Petr Mrazek — groin injury, Rasmus Sandin — knee injury.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs H2H

The Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Lightning (6-2) in the last head-to-head games. They made 39 shots on target in this match. The Maple Leafs completed 49 defensive actions, but won only 42% out of 61 face-offs.

The Tampa Bay Lightning made 34 shots and won 35 remaining face-offs. They completed 54 defensive actions in this match.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs lineups and key players

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Anthony Cirelli
  • Ondrej Palat

Steven Stamkos keeps being the best attacker in his team. He has scored 33 goals and has made 54 assists in the 2021-22 NHL. He helped to score both goals in the last H2H match against the Lightning.

Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:

  • Erik Kallgren
  • T. J. Brodie
  • Morgan Rielly
  • Mitch Marner
  • Auston Matthews
  • Michael Bunting

Auston Matthews has scored the greatest number of goals in the 2021-22 season. He scored 58 goals and made 44 assists in 70 games.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs predictions and betting tips

The Toronto Maple Leafs are in good condition now. They have won 11 of the last 13 matches. Also, they have won four of the last five head-to-head matches against the Tampa Bay Lightning and performed perfectly in the most recent match. The Maple Leafs look a bit stronger, that is the reason why they are able to win this game in 60 minutes.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in four of the last six head-to-head games and in four of the last five fixtures with the Toronto Maple Leafs participating. This outcome looks safe too.

Betting prediction: The Toronto Maple Leafs to win

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Tampa Bay Lightning — Toronto Maple Leafs
Not settled
Over 6.5 goals
1.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!