RB Salzburg vs Lille prediction and betting tips (September 29)
Salzburg have not lost the last 16 matches and have won 15 of them. They will meet Lille, which are not in their best form, in the second game of the 2021-22 Champions League.
Jonathan David scored twice in the last Lille match
Jonathan David scored twice in the last Lille match
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Salzburg vs Lille fixture will take place on Wednesday, 29 September 2021, starting at 07:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Red Bull Arena, Salzburg. Salzburg vs Lille (September 29) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

RB Salzburg vs Lille (September 29) latest odds on betting sites

Salzburg are priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to hold in first place of their group, which equals an approximate probability of 47.5%. Lille come with the odds of 3.90 (+290; 29/10) to win over Salzburg in the next round. The chances of their triumph are approximately equal to 25.5%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2) in this match, which equals an approximate probability of 27%.

The latest odds for Salzburg vs Lille (September 29) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Salzburg — 3.50 (+250; 5/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lille — 1.30 (-333; 3/10)
  • Burak Yilmaz to score at any time — 2.60 (+180; 8/5)
  • Jonathan David to score at any time — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)

RB Salzburg vs Lille (September 29) match preview and stats

Salzburg were lucky to get into this Group G because all teams here are approximately equal. The Red Bulls drew against Sevilla (1-1), which is the strongest team in the group, but this result was not good because Salzburg dominated and could win the game.

In the first half, both teams showed equally good play in attack. Salzburg made five shots with one on target, whereas Sevilla made six shots with one on target too. But Sevilla attacked more times. Los Nervionenses made 31 attacks whereas Matthias Jaissle’s boys attacked only 13 times. Also, Salzburg did not score two penalties in the first half. In the second half, the Red Bulls completely controlled the game. The ball possession ratio was equal to 67%. Besides, they made ten shots with seven on target and attacked 50 times.

Salzburg have played perfectly in their national league. They have won all nine fixtures, have scored 23 goals, and have conceded only four goals in these fixtures. Also, they have made 122 shots with 55 on target. Salzburg have created 131 chances in penalty areas and have completed 23 defensive actions per game.

The Red Bulls have scored two or more goals in four of the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to score two or more goals.

Salzburg team news: Maximilian Wober — flu, Oumar Solet — meniscus tear, Kamil Piatkowski — ankle fracture, Albert Vallci — achilles injury, Sekou Koita — knee injury.

Lille haven’t shown results good enough in the 2021-22 season. They met Wolfsburg (0-0) in the first fixture of the 2021-22 Champions League. It is important to note that Les Dogues played much better than Wolfsburg in this game. They made an equal number of attacks in the first half, but Lille made six shots with two on target, whereas their rivals did not take shots. In the second half, Olivier Letang’s men dominated again. They controlled the ball 66% of the time, made ten shots with two on target and created nine chances in penalty areas.

But Lille’s stats have not been perfect in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have made approximately nine shots per match on average with four on target. Besides, Les Dogues have created 66 chances in penalty areas in eight fixtures. But Lille have defended flawlessly. They have completed approximately 28 defensive actions per game on average.

We have seen a total over 2.5 goals in six of the last nine fixtures with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in the next match.

Lille team news: Jonathan Bamba — hip injury, Renato Sanches — knee injury.

RB Salzburg vs Lille (September 29) key players and lineups

Salzburg projected starting lineup:

  • Nico Mantl
  • Bryan Okoh
  • Jеrоme Onguеnе
  • Bernardo
  • Rasmus Kristensen
  • Mohamed Camara
  • Luka Sucic
  • Brenden Aaronson
  • Noah Okafor
  • Karim Adeyemi
  • Benjamin Sesko

Karim Adeyemi scored seven goals in nine matches for Salzburg. He made 21 shots with 15 on target and created nine chances in penalty areas in these matches.

Lille projected starting lineup:

  • Leo Jardim
  • Sven Botman
  • Jose Fonte
  • Zeki Celik
  • Reinaldo Mandava
  • Benjamin Andre
  • Yusuf Yazici
  • Isaac Lihadji
  • Jonathan Ikone
  • Jonathan David
  • Burak Yilmaz

Jonathan David scored two goals in the most recent fixture. He scored four goals in the 2021-22 season overall. Also, David made 12 shots with seven on target and created seven chances in penalty areas.

RB Salzburg vs Lille (September 29) betting tips and prediction

Lille are not in their best form now, and their results in the national league were worse. But Ligue 1 is more competitive than the Austrian Bundeslig. Besides, both teams showed high-level play in the 2021-22 Champions League, even with missing the goal on so many occasions. I believe that both teams will create many moments and many shots. So, both teams could score. Besides, Lille have a stronger roster and they are able not to lose.

Betting prediction: Lille to win or draw

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Football French Ligue 1 . Group G. Round 2
RB Salzburg — Lille
Lost
Lille to win or draw
1.85
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!