PSG vs Nice prediction and betting tips (December 1)
Paris Saint-Germain have not lost for the last seven matches in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 as well as in the last six head-to-head games against Nice. Is upset possible now?
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) scored 7 goals and made 7 assists in 14 league matches
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) scored 7 goals and made 7 assists in 14 league matches
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The PSG vs Nice fixture in the 16th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Wednesday, 1 December 2021, starting at 08:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc des Princes, Paris. PSG vs Nice (December 1) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

PSG vs Nice (December 1) latest odds on betting sites

PSG are priced with the odds of 1.45 (-222 American; 9/20 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 69%. Nice come with the odds of 7.10 (+610; 61/10) to take PSG down in the next round. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 14%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.40 (+440; 22/5) which equals an approximate probability of 17%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Nice (December 1) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on PSG — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on Nice — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Angel Di Maria to score at anytime — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)

PSG vs Nice (December 1) match preview and stats

PSG are first in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 40 points in 15 matches. They have 13 victories, one draw and lost a match. In the most recent game, Les Parisiens won over Saint-Etienne (3-1).

In the first half, Paris Saint-Germain played much better. They controlled the ball 70% of the time and attacked 29 times. Besides, Les Parisiens made six shots with four on target. Mauricio Pochettino’s boys completed one save and 11 interceptions. In the fifth minute, Neymar scored a goal but it was cancelled due to an offside. Denis Bouanga scored the first goal in the 23rd minute. In the 45th minute, Timothée Kolodziejczak received a red card. Lionel Messi helped Marquinhos to level the score in the 45+1 minute.

In the second half, Les Parisiens dominated too. They controlled the ball 72% of the time, made nine shots with four on target. Besides, they completed two blocks, two saves and nine interceptions. Lionel Messi made the second assist in the 79th minute, with Angel Di Maria getting on the scoresheet. In the 90+1st minute, Messi helped Marquinhos to score the last goal.

PSG played perfectly in attack in the 2021-22 season. They have created a little over 10 chances per fixture on average. Les Parisiens made 149 shots with 72 on target and scored 35 goals in 15 matches, with approximately 24 defensive actions per game on average.

Both teams scored in the last six matches with PSG participating. Both teams to score are priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this game.

PSG team news: Georginio Wijnaldum — knee injury, Julian Draxler — muscle injury, Alexandre Letellier — muscle injury, Neymar — ankle injury, Ander Herrera — muscle injury.

Nice are third in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They won 27 points in 15 matches. Christophe Galtier’s men beat eight rivals, drew four times and lost three fixtures. In the last game, they met Metz (0-1).

In the first half, Nice performed a bit better. They controlled the ball 62% of the time but attacked 12 times. Les Aiglons made four shots with two on target, whereas Metz made two shots with one on target. Nice completed one block and six interceptions. In the 31st minute, Nicolas de Preville helped Fabien Centonze to score the first goal. Both teams received two yellow cards in the half.

Les Aiglons absolutely dominated the second half. They controlled the ball 78% of the time and attacked 49 times. Also, Nice and Metz made 16 and two shots, respectively, but they were not on target. Christophe Galtier’s boys completed five blocks and 11 interceptions.

Nice performed well in the 2021-22 season overall. They created 151 chances in penalty areas in 15 matches and scored 25 goals with 16 assists. Les Aiglons made 160 shots with 69 on target. Also they have completed approximately 27 defensive actions per match on average.

We have seen a total under 3.5 goals in the last five matches with Nice participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this match.

Nice team news: Youcef Atal — muscle injury, Robson Bambu — groin injury.

PSG vs Nice (December 1) key players and lineups

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnarumma
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Idrissa Gueye
  • Danilo Pereira
  • Eric Ebimbe
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Lionel Messi

Kylian Mbappe scored seven goals and made seven assists in 14 matches of the 2021-22 season. Besides, he created 27 chances in penalty areas.

Nice projected starting lineup:

  • Walter Benitez
  • Jordan Lotomba
  • Dante
  • Jean-Clair Todibo
  • Melvin Bard
  • Hichem Boudaoui
  • Mario Lemina
  • Khephren Thuram-Ulien
  • Amine Gouiri
  • Kasper Dolberg
  • Andy Delort

Amine Gouiri is the third best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored eight goals, made four assists and created 28 chances in penalty areas in 15 games.

PSG vs Nice (December 1) betting tips and prediction

PSG is the best team in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have performed more confidently than other teams, but Nice is solid in this season too. Besides, the latter played well in the last match in spite of the loss. In the most recent H2H game, the teams played approximately equally, with PSG winning 2-1. I believe that PSG are able to win this match too, but we may see a total over 2.5 goals which has played out in four of the last five H2H matches. Both teams may score here too, with PSG conceding a goal in all of the last six matches.

Betting prediction: PSG to win & over 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

PSG — Nice
Lost
PSG to win & over 2.5 goals
1.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!