PSG vs Montpellier prediction and betting tips (September 25)
PSG have won four of the last six head-to-head fixtures against Montpellier. Also, they have a streak of eight matches without losses.
Kylian Mbappe has 4 goals under his belt in 2021-22 Ligue 1
Kylian Mbappe has 4 goals under his belt in 2021-22 Ligue 1
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The PSG vs Montpellier fixture in Round 8 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Saturday, 25 September 2021, starting at 07:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc des Princes, Paris. PSG vs Montpellier (September 25) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

PSG vs Montpellier (September 25) latest odds on betting sites

Paris Saint-Germain are priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to beat their next rival. Their chances are approximately equal to 80%. Montpellier come with the odds of 12.50 (+1150; 23/2) to win over PSG in this round, which equals an approximate probability of 8%. Draw is priced with the odds of 7.50 (+650; 13/2). The chances of this outcome are equal to 12%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Montpellier (September 25) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-2.5) on PSG — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Asian handicap (+2.5) on Montpellier — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Mauro Icardi to score at any time — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Kylian Mbappe to score at any time — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)

PSG vs Montpellier (September 25) match preview and stats

PSG are first in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 21 points. They won all seven fixtures, scored 20 goals, and conceded seven goals.

Les Parisiens dominated in the most recent fixture against Metz (2-1). They controlled the ball 74% of all time. In the first half, both teams attacked equally. Mauricio Pochettino’s boys made five shots with two on target, whereas Metz made the same number of shots. Also, both teams finished one of their shots successfully. But in the second half, Metz played badly. They made only one shot, whereas Paris Saint-Germain made ten shots with three on target and scored once.

Les Parisiens have played flawlessly against Montpellier. They have controlled the ball 68% of all time in the last five H2H fixtures. Also, Paris Saint-Germain have made 294 attacks in these matches. They have made approximately 19 shots with seven on target per game on average and have scored 17 goals.

We have seen a total under 3.5 goals in four of the last five fixtures with PSG participating. The same outcome in this match is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10).

PSG team news: Sergio Ramos — leg injury, Marco Verratti — knee injury, Juan Bernat — knee injury, Layvin Kurzawa — calf injury, Colin Dagba — ankle injury, Ismael Gharbi — groin injury, Lionel Messi — knee injury.

Montpellier won nine points in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 to place tenth place. They won two fixtures, drew three times and lost two matches too.

La Paillade drew in the most recent fixture against Bordeaux (3-3). Teams played approximately equal. Montpellier controlled the ball 57% of the time and made five shots with one on target and finished it successfully in the first half. Bordeaux made seven shots with three on target and finished two of them successfully. In the second half, Montpellier scored two goals but were unlucky to concede a goal in the 85th minute.

Olivier Dall'Oglio men have not played badly in the 2021-22 season. They have made approximately ten shots per game on average with 46% of them on target. Besides, they have created 68 chances in penalty areas and have scored 15 goals. Montpellier have completed 165 defensive actions in seven games, which number is not high.

Both teams have scored in six of the last seven fixtures with Montpellier participating. Both teams to score are priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in the next fixture.

Montpellier team news: Ambroise Oyongo — knee injury, Junior Sambia — red card, Thibault Tamas — knee injury.

PSG vs Montpellier (September 25) key players and lineups

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Keylor Navas
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Abdou Diallo
  • Georginio Wijnaldum
  • Leandro Paredes
  • Ander Herrera
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Neymar
  • Mauro Icardi

Kylian Mbappe scored four goals and made three assists in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. Also, has made 20 shots with 11 on target. Kylian Mbappe has scored seven goals in the last five H2H matches against Montpellier as well.

Montpellier projected starting lineup:

  • Dimitry Bertaud
  • Mamadou Sakho
  • Nicolas Cozza
  • Leo Leroy
  • Teji Savanier
  • Mihailo Ristic
  • Jordan Ferri
  • Mihailo Ristic
  • Stephy Mavididi
  • Gaetan Laborde
  • Valere Germain

Valere Germain played only three matches in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 and scored three goals in these fixtures. Besides, Valere created three chances in penalty areas and made four shots with all of them on target.

PSG vs Montpellier (September 25) betting tips and prediction

Mauricio Pochettino’s men have conceded a goal or more in eight of the last ten fixtures, whereas Montpellier have scored in the last seven fixtures. Montpellier are strong in attack: they have scored approximately two goals per match on average in the 2021-22 Ligue 1.

Paris Saint-Germain have played flawlessly this season, and in the head-to-head matches against Montpellier they have a better record. We have seen a total over 3.5 goals in the last eight head-to-head fixtures between them, with PSG winning six of them.

Betting prediction: PSG to win & over 3.5 goals

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

PSG — Montpellier
PSG to win & over 3.5 goals
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!