PSG vs Monaco prediction and betting tips (December 12)
Paris Saint-Germain have lost only two of the last 15 head-to-head matches against Monaco. Will they win one more match?
Kylian Mbappe has scored the greatest number of goals for Paris Saint-Germain this season
Kylian Mbappe has scored the greatest number of goals for Paris Saint-Germain this season
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The PSG vs Monaco fixture in the 18th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 12 December 2021, starting at 07:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc des Princes, Paris. PSG vs Monaco (December 12) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

PSG vs Monaco (December 12) latest odds on betting sites

PSG are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 66%. Monaco come with the odds of 6.90 (+590; 59/10) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 14.5%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1) which equals an approximate probability of 19.5%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Monaco (December 12) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.67 (-150; 2/3)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on PSG — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on Monaco — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Kylian Mbappe to score at anytime — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

PSG vs Monaco (December 12) match preview and stats

Monaco are seventh in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 26 points in 17 games. They won over seven games, drew five times and lost five remaining fixtures. In the last game, the Monegasques beat Met (4-0).

In the first half, Monaco absolutely dominated. They controlled the ball 61% of the time and attacked 27 times. Niko Kovac’s men made five shots with three on target and finished two of them successfully in spite of Metz's good performance in defence. Sofiane Diop scored the first goal with Gelson Martins’s support. In the 44th minute, Kevin Volland scored the penalty.

Monaco played better in the second half too. They controlled the ball 69% of the time and attacked 20 times. The Monegasques made three shots with two on target and bagged two goals. However, Metz did not make a shot on target. Sofiane Diop helped Gelson Martins to score the third goal in this match. In the 87th minute, Wissam Ben Yedder scored the last goal to finish the match with a 4-0 score.

Niko Kovac’s boys have made 134 shots with 64 on target in 17 fixtures. They have created approximately eight chances in penalty areas per game on average. Monaco have scored 27 goals in these matches. Besides, the Monegasques have completed 400 defensive actions.

Monaco have scored in the first half in the last six games. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in the next fixture.

Monaco team news: Benoit Badiashile — muscle injury, Krepin Diatta — muscle injury, Francesc Fabregas — muscle injury.

PSG are first in the 2021-22 season. They took 42 points in 17 matches. Paris Saint-Germain have 13 victories, three losses and lost one time. In the most recent game, PSG met Lens (1-1).

The Blood and Gold played better in the first half. PSG controlled the ball 60% of the time but attacked only 17 times, whereas Lens made 25 attacks. Les Parisiens made six shots with three on target, whereas their rivals made 11 shots with five on target. Paris Saint-Germain completed 12 defensive actions. We did not see a goal in this half.

In the second half, Mauricio Pochettino’s men played a bit better. They controlled the ball 68% of the time and attacked 31 times. Paris Saint-Germain made seven shots with three on target and bagged one goal. In the 62nd minute, Cheick Doukourе helped Seko Fofana to score the first goal in the half. In the 91st minute, Georginio Wijnaldum leveled the score with Kylian Mbappe’s support.

PSG’s stats in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 are well. They have made 172 shots with 84 on target in 17 matches. Besides, Les Parisiens have created 179 chances in penalty areas and have scored 36 goals. Mauricio Pochettino’s boys have completed approximately 23 defensive actions per fixture on average.

Both teams have scored in eight of the last nine fixtures with Paris Saint-Germain participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in the next match.

PSG team news: Julian Draxler — muscle injury, Neymar — ankle injury.

PSG vs Monaco (December 12) key players and lineups

Monaco projected starting lineup:

  • Alexander Nubel
  • Caio Henrique
  • Axel Disasi
  • Guillermo Maripan
  • Ruben Aguilar
  • Sofiane Diop
  • Youssouf Fofana
  • Aurélien Tchouameni
  • Gelson Martins
  • Myron Boadu
  • Wissam Ben Yedder

Wissam Ben Yedder is the fourth best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored nine goals and made two assists and created 13 chances in penalty areas.

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnarumma
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Idrissa Gueye
  • Danilo Pereira
  • Eric Ebimbe
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Lionel Messi

Kylian Mbappe has scored the greatest number of goals for Paris Saint-Germain this season. He scored seven goals and made eight assists. In the last game, he made an assist.

PSG vs Monaco (December 12) betting tips and prediction

PSG are not in their best form. They have not won four games this season and the last two matches were not victories. They drew in the matches against Lens and Nice and did not show confident performance in these games. Monaco have not lost the last eight games and have won two of the last three H2H matches against Paris Saint-Germain.

I believe that Monaco will be able to score in this match. However, Les Parisiens have a stronger roster. That is the reason why both teams will be able to score. Besides, a total under 3.5 goals has played out in the last two H2H matches.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals

Odds: 1.67 (-150 American; 2/3 Fractional)

PSG — Monaco
Lost
Both teams to score
1.70
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!