PSG vs Marseille prediction and betting tips (April 17)
Marseille have a streak of eight victories, whereas Les Parisiens have won only four of the last eight matches. Who will receive three points in this game?
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) scored 3 goals and made an assist in the last game
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) scored 3 goals and made an assist in the last game

The PSG vs Marseille fixture in the 32nd round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 17 April 2021, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc des Princes, Paris. PSG vs Marseille (April 17) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

PSG vs Marseille latest odds on betting sites

Paris Saint-Germain are priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 71%. Marseille come with the odds of 8.40 (+740; 37/5) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are close to 12%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.75 (+475; 19/4), which equals an approximate probability of 17%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Marseille (April 17):

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Marseille — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Mauro Icardi to score anytime — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)

PSG vs Marseille match preview and statistics

PSG keep being first in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have 22 victories, five draws and four losses.

In the last game, Paris Saint-Germain won over Clermont (6-1). They played much better in the first half. Les Parisiens controlled the ball 67% of the time and made five shots with three on target. Neymar and Kylian Mbappe scored the first two goals in the sixth and 19th minutes, respectively. In the 42nd minute, Jodel Dossou scored a single goal for Clermont.

PSG performed flawlessly in the second half. They attacked 11 times and controlled the ball 61% of the time. Les Parisiens made 12 shots with seven on target and finished four of them successfully. Kylian Mbappe and Neymar scored two goals each in this half. Also, both players made an assist each.

Paris Saint-Germain have scored 15 goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) to score two or more goals.

PSG team news: Ismael Gharbi — ankle injury, Angel Di Maria — muscle injury, Abdou Diallo — muscle injury, Julian Draxler — knee injury, Layvin Kurzawa — back injury, Keylor Navas — muscle injury, Ander Herrera — muscle injury, Leandro Paredes — muscle injury.

Marseille won 17 matches and drew eight times to receive 59 points. They are second in this season.

Les Olympiense defeated Montpellier (2-0) in the previous round. They played much better than their rivals in the first half. Marseille made six shots with three on target and bagged two goals. They controlled the ball 61% of the time and attacked 11 times. In the ninth minute, Bamba Dieng opened the score. Cengiz Under scored a penalty in the 19th minute.

In the second half, Jorge Sampaoli’s boys played better than their rivals too. They attacked 28 times and completed 11 defensive actions. Jorge Sampaoli’s men made five shots with two on target, but they were not able to score a goal. Montpellier made two shots with one on target and did not finish it successfully too.

Both teams have scored in six of the last eight matches with Marseille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.

Marseille team news: Konrad de la Fuente — knee injury, Arkadiusz Milik — muscle injury.

PSG vs Marseille H2H

Marseille drew against PSG (0-0) in the 11th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. Arkadiusz Milik scored a goal in the 21st minute, but it was canceled due to offside. They made 15 shots with one on target and attacked 43 times. Marseille controlled the ball 48% of the time and completed 29 defensive actions.

Paris Saint-Germain made 10 shots with four on target, but did not score a goal. PSG controlled the ball 52% of the time and attacked 30 times. Les Parisiens completed 10 interceptions and three blocks.

PSG vs Marseille lineups and key players

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnarumma
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Xavi Simons
  • Georginio Wijnaldum
  • Mauro Icardi
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Lionel Messi

Kylian Mbappe scored three goals and made an assist in the last game. He keeps being the best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 20 goals and 14 assists.

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Pau Lopez
  • Luan Peres
  • Duje Caleta-Car
  • William Saliba
  • Pol Lirola
  • Matteo Guendouzi
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Bamba Dieng
  • Cengiz Under
  • Amine Harit
  • Dimitri Payet

Dimitri Payet is the best attacker in his team. He has scored 10 goals and has made nine assists in the 2021-22 season.

PSG vs Marseille predictions and betting tips

Paris Saint-Germain look stronger on paper, but they have lost four of the last eight matches. They were defeated by Monaco, Nice and Nantes in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. Also, they conceded goals in the matches against Clermont and Lorient. Marseille have a streak of eight victories. Les Olympiense have scored two or more goals per match in the last seven matches in the Ligue 1.

I believe that both teams will score for sure. Besides, this outcome has played out in six of the last eight matches with Marseille participating. We have seen a total of under 3.5 goals in the last four H2H matches and in five of the last six matches with Les Olympiense participating. This outcome could play out too.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

PSG — Marseille
Not settled
Under 3.5 goals
1.80
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!