Olympic basketball 2021: USA vs Australia prediction and betting tips (August 5)
Australia has not lost a match at the 2021 Olympics. They are set to meet the USA, who are the main favourites of the event, according to online bookmakers.
Patty Mills, the top-scorer in all fixtures of Australia at the 2021 Olympics
Patty Mills, the top-scorer in all fixtures of Australia at the 2021 Olympics

The USA vs Australia fixture starts at 04:15 GMT, on 5 August 2021, at the Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan. You are able to check the United States vs Australia (August 5) prediction and betting tips further.

USA vs Australia Olympic basketball (August 5) latest odds on betting sites

The USA started their performance at the Games not in a confident way, but they got much better in the first round of playoffs. Their triumph in the semi-final is priced with the odds of 1.14 (-714 American; 7/50 Fractional), which equals to an approximate probability of 88%. Australia to win the next game comes with the odds of 6.50 (+550; 11/2), with chances being around 12%.

Below are the latest odds for other United States vs Australia betting markets.

Over/Under points total:

  • Over 178.5 points — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 178.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Points spread:

  • United States (-11.5) — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Australia (+11.5) — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

The player picks odds:

  • Over 22.5 points by Kevin Durant — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
  • Under 22.5 points by Kevin Durant — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
  • Over 23.5 points by Patty Mills — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
  • Under 23.5 points by Patty Mills — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)

USA vs Australia Olympic basketball (August 5) match preview and stats

The United States Olympic basketball team finished their group second, in spite of the fact that they didn't face any difficult opponents. The USA won over Iran (120-66) and Czech Republic (119-84), but lost against France (76-83) in their group. This made them qualify for the playoffs, where they have already beaten Spain (95-81)

Australia is not a comfortable opponent for the USA. Gregg Popovich’s men had low accuracy in the H2H fixtures against this team, which equaled 44% only. Despite this, the USA has scored 98 points or more in 6 of their last 7 fixtures against Australia. This outcome in the next match is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10).

The Australia Olympic basketball team finished their group first. Their rivals and results in the group B were as follows: Nigeria (84-67), Italy (86-83) and Germany (89-76). After that they met Argentina (97-59) in the quarter-final.

The Boomers have high accuracy against the United States, which equals 49%. The same ratio at the 2021 Olympics equals 44%. Besides, they finished 48 defensive actions successfully in this event, which is a relatively high result. Australia has scored 83 points or more in 9 of its last 10 matches. The Australians to score a total over 82.5 points in the semis is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10).

USA vs Australia Olympic basketball (August 5) key players and lineups

USA Olympic projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Damien Lillard
  • Shooting guard: Keldon Johnson
  • Small forward: Kevin Durant
  • Power forward: Draymond Green
  • Center: JaVale McGee

Kevin Durant shined in the quarter-final, where he scored 29 points, made 2 rebounds and 4 assists.

Australia Olympic projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Mattew Dellavedova
  • Shooting guard: Patty Mills
  • Small forward: Joe Ingles
  • Power forward: Nick Kay
  • Center: Jock Landale

Patty Mills was the top-scorer in all fixtures of Australia at the 2021 Olympics. He scored 83 points and made 21 assists in this event by now.

USA vs Australia Olympic basketball (August 5) betting tips and prediction

Australia won 2 last matches against the USA and has a streak of 7 victories in a row now. Besides, all their losses finished with a difference of 11 points or less. I believe that the same points spread is a sure outcome here.

Australia has everything to win this match, but the first outcome is a more safe one. Choose based on the risk level you are ready to face.

Betting prediction: Australia — Points spread (+11.5)

Odds: 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Betting prediction: Australia to win

Odds: 6.50 (+550; 11/2)

USA — Australia
Lost
Futures
Australia — Points spread (+11.5)
1.95
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!