The Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers fixture in the Round 2 of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Wednesday, 26 May 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 1:30 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary. The Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers (26 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers latest odds on betting sites
The Calgary Flames are priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 48%. The Edmonton Oilers come with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 33%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.
The latest odds for Flames vs Oilers (26 May 2022) betting markets:
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Flames — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers match preview and statistics
The Calgary Flames won the first and lost the next three matches of Round 2.
The Flames were defeated by the Edmonton Oilers (3-5) in the last game. In the first period, the Flames attacked a bit better than their rivals, but they conceded a lot of goals and did not score a single one. The Flames made 14 shots on target and completed 11 defensive actions. Also, they won 71% out of 11 face-offs.
In the second period, both teams played equally. The Calgary Flames made six shots on target and finished two of them successfully. They completed 11 defensive actions and won six face-offs. In the 30th minute, Elias Lindholm scored the first goal for the Flames. Mikael Backlund scored one more goal in the 30th minute too.
The Calgary Flames played confidently in the last period. They made 12 shots on target, won 67% out of 12 face-offs and completed 15 defensive actions. In the 51st minute, Rasmus Andersson scored the third goal, when their rivals were in powerplay.
Elias Lindholm finished the match third star with one goal and a +1 impact index. Jacob Markstrom failed the match. He saved 21 out of 25 shots on target. Markstrom was the third best goaltender of the regular season.
We have seen a total of under 6.5 goals in 10 of the last 13 matches with the Calgary Flames participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) this time.
Calgary Flames team news: Sean Monahan — hip injury.
The Edmonton Oilers lead the series 3-1.
They beat the Calgary Flames (5-3) in the most recent fixture. In the first period, the Edmonton Oilers scored three goals, but their performance was not flawless. The Oilers made nine shots on target, but won only six face-offs. In the first minute, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins opened the score. Zach Hyman and Evander Kane scored their goals in the 10th and 19th minutes, respectively.
In the second period, the Oilers made only seven shots on target and did not finish them successfully. They completed 12 defensive actions and won 12 face-offs.
The Oilers played confidently in the last period too. They made 10 shots on target and bagged two goals. Jay Woodcroft’s boys completed 20 defensive actions, but won only four face-offs. In the 57th minute, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored the fourth goal for his team. In the last minute, Evander Kane scored the last goal into an empty net.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Zach Hyman were the first and second stars of the match, respectively. Mike Smith saved 90.6% out of 32 shots on target.
A total of over 1.5 goals in the first period has played out in six of the last seven matches with the Edmonton Oilers participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) in this game.
Edmonton Oilers team news: Oscar Klefbom — shoulder injury.
Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers H2H
The Calgary Flames attacked well in the first four matches of Round 2. They made 153 shots on target and finished 16 of them successfully. They completed 187 defensive actions and won 134 face-offs.
The Oilers made 135 shots on target. They defended perfectly. The Edmonton Oilers completed 243 defensive actions and won 129 face-offs.
Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers lineups and key players
Calgary Flames projected starting lineup:
- Jacob Markstrom
- Noah Hanifin
- Rasmus Andersson
- Trevor Lewis
- Elias Lindholm
- Johnny Gaudreau
Elias Lindholm was the third star of the last game. He scored five goals and made five assists in 11 matches of the play-offs.
Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:
- Mike Smith
- Darnell Nurse
- Cody Ceci
- Leon Draisaitl
- Evander Kane
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Evander Kane is the best striker of the play-offs. He scored 12 goals and made three assists. In the last game, he scored two out of five goals.
Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers predictions and betting tips
The Calgary Flames showed an incredible performance in the first game of Round 2. They lost the next three games, but their play in these matches was confident. In the last match, they attacked well and kept the game under control in spite of the losing result. Both teams are strong now, which is the reason why the winner of the match is unpredictable.
The Edmonton Oilers have an incredibly strong roster. The first three best forwards of the play-offs play in the Edmonton Oilers. They have scored four or more goals in six of the last seven matches. I believe that they will score three goals for sure. A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in four of the last five head-to-head matches. We may see the same total in this match.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals by the Oilers
Odds: 1.65 (-154 American; 13/02 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)