NHL 2022 West Finals, Game 3: Oilers vs Avalanche prediction and betting tips (June 4)
The Edmonton Oilers have lost only one out of seven home matches in 60 minutes in the play-offs. Will they win this one to get their first victory in this round?
Connor McDavid (Oilers) keeps being the best assistant and forward
Connor McDavid (Oilers) keeps being the best assistant and forward

The Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the Round 3 of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Saturday, 4 June 2022, starting at 5:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Rogers Place, Edmonton. The Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche (4 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche latest odds on betting sites

The Edmonton Oilers are priced with the odds of 2.75 (+175 American; 7/4 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 36%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 45%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.

The latest odds for Oilers vs Avalanche (4 June 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 6.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche match preview and statistics

The Edmonton Oilers were defeated by the Avalanche (0-4) in the last game.

The Oilers had six penalty minutes and were not in power play in the first period. They made 13 shots on target, but did not score a goal. The Edmonton Oilers defended confidently. They completed 24 defensive actions. Also, the Oilers won 16 out of 24 face-offs.

In the second period, Jay Woodcroft’s men showed terrible hockey. They made only seven shots on target. The Oilers completed 11 defensive actions and conceded three goals. They won 40% of face-offs.

The Edmonton Oilers played badly in the last period too. They made four shots on target and did not finish them successfully. They completed three blocks, 13 saves and won 10 face-offs.

Leon Draisaitl and Connor McDavid played 20 and 23 minutes in this match, respectively. They made overall five shots and each finished the game with a -1 impact index. Mike Smith saved 90% out of 40 shots on target.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in five of the last seven matches with the Edmonton Oilers participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this game.

Edmonton Oilers team news: Oscar Klefbom — shoulder injury.

The Colorado Avalanche beat the Edmonton Oilers (4-0) in the second game of the current round.

In spite of three power play opportunities, the Avalanche did not score in the first period. They made 14 shots on target and completed 22 defensive actions.

Jared Bednar’s boys showed flawless play in the second period. They made 12 shots on target and finished 25% of them successfully. Artturi Lehkonen opened the score in the 24th minute. Josh Manson and Mikko Rantanen scored their goals in the 25th and 27th minutes, respectively.

In the last period, the Colorado Avalanche absolutely dominated, but they finished successfully one out of 14 shots on target only. The Avalanche won eight face-offs and completed seven defensive actions.

Pavel Francouz was the first star of this match. He saved 100% of shots on target, which was his second shutout in the Colorado Avalanche.

The Avalanche have scored four or more goals in five of the last six games. They are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to score four goals in this match.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury.

Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche H2H

The Colorado Avalanche won two out of three H2H matches against the Oilers in the regular season. They made 102 shots on target and bagged eight goals. The Avalanche completed 170 defensive actions and won 70 face-offs.

The Oilers made 102 shots on target and finished nine of them successfully. They completed 168 defensive actions and won 93 face-offs in three matches.

Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche lineups and key players

Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:

  • Mike Smith
  • Darnell Nurse
  • Cody Ceci
  • Leon Draisaitl
  • Evander Kane
  • Connor McDavid

Connor McDavid keeps being the best assistant and forward in spite of the terrible performance in the last game. He has scored eight goals and has made 21 assists in the play-offs.

Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:

  • Pavel Francouz
  • Devon Toews
  • Bowen Byram
  • Nazem Kadri
  • Mikko Rantanen
  • Nathan MacKinnon

Nazem Kadri was the second star of the last game. He made three assists, four shots on target and finished that match with a +3 impact index.

Edmonton Oilers vs Colorado Avalanche predictions and betting tips

Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl still are the first and the second best attackers of the play-offs. They played badly in the most recent match and made only five shots on target together.

The Avalanche are in good form now, but their play in H2H games against the Oilers in the regular season was not confident.

They won two out of three matches, but did not win a game in 60 minutes. Also, the Oilers have lost only one out of seven home matches in 60 minutes in the play-offs. I believe that they will not lose this match in 60 minutes.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in five of the last seven matches with the Edmonton Oilers participating and in four of the last six matches with the Avalanche participating. We have seen the same total in five of the last eight H2H matches. It may play out this time.

Betting prediction: Edmonton Oilers or draw (1X)

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractions)

Ice Hockey NHL . Western Conference Final. Game 3
Edmonton Oilers — Colorado Avalanche
Not settled
Edmonton Oilers or draw (1X)
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!