The Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Wednesday, 18 June 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. By GMT, the kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado. The Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (18 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 33%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 48%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.
The latest odds for Avalanche vs Lightning (15 June 2022) betting markets:
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning match preview and statistics
The Colorado Avalanche won over Tampa (4-3 OT) in the most recent game.
The Avalanche showed a flawless start in the first period. They made 15 shots on target and finished three of them successfully. Gabriel Landeskog and Valeri Nichushkin scored the first two goals in the eighth and 10th minutes, respectively. Artturi Lehkonen converted one out of two power play opportunities in the 18th minute, to score the third goal for his team.
In the second period, the Colorado Avalanche made 11 attempts to score, but they did not convert them. Jared Bednar’s boys completed 10 blocks, six interceptions and won 45% out of 20 face-offs.
The Avalanche played much better than their rivals in the last period, but did not score a goal. They made 11 shots on target and had a power play opportunity. The Colorado Avalanche completed 13 defensive actions in the period. Valeri Nichushkin and J.T. Compher helped Andre Burakovsky to score the winning goal in the second minute of the overtimes.
Andre Burakovsky was the first star of the match with one goal, a +1 impact index and three shots on target. Darcy Kuemper did not show his best play. He saved only 87% out of 23 shots on target.
The Avalanche have scored seven goals in power play in the last seven matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) to convert a power play opportunity this time.
Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury, Nazem Kadri — hand injury, Andrew Cogliano — hand injury.
The Tampa Bay Lightning were defeated by the Avalanche (3-4 OT) in the first game of the series.
The Lightning made only eight shots on target and bagged one goal in the first period. They completed 19 defensive actions and won 56% of face-offs. In the 13th minute, Nick Paul scored a goal with Victor Hedman and Brayden Point’s support.
Jon Cooper’s men easily came back in the second period. They finished two out of nine attempts to score successfully. Ondrej Palat scored the second goal for his team in the 33rd minute. Mikhail Sergachev leveled the score in the 34th minute.
The Tampa Bay Lightning did not show confident play in the last period. They made only five shots on target and did not score a goal. Tampa completed 21 defensive actions and won 11 face-offs. Also, they did not finish successfully a single attempt to score in the overtimes.
Andrei Vasilevskiy saved 34 out of 38 shots on target. Only two Tampa players finished the match with positive impact indexes. These players were Jan Rutta and Alex Killorn.
The Lightning have scored 15 goals in the last five matches. Jon Cooper’s men are priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to score three goals in the second game of the series.
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H
The teams met each other two times in the regular season and the Avalanche won both fixtures. They made 74 shots on target and finished approximately 9.5% of them successfully. The Avalanche completed 107 defensive actions and won 66 face-offs.
The Tampa Bay Lightning made 70 shots on target in these two matches. They completed 108 defensive actions and won 67 remaining face-offs.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning lineups and key players
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Pavel Francouz
- Devon Toews
- Cale Makar
- Nathan MacKinnon
- Mikko Rantanen
- Valeri Nichushkin
Valeri Nichushkin shone in the last game. He made six shots on target, scored a goal and made an assist in 19 minutes on the ice.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Nikita Kucherov
- Ondrej Palat
Ondrej Palat made three shots on target and scored one out of three goals in the last match. He is the best striker in his team with nine goals in the play-offs.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning predictions and betting tips
The Colorado Avalanche attacked perfectly in the last match. They made 38 shots on target and bagged four goals. However, Darcy Kuemper conceded out of 23 shots on target. He played well in the regular season, but his performance in the play-offs is not confident. He has an 85.3% average saving ratio in the last five matches.
Also, Tampa did not show their best hockey. In the regular season, they have made approximately 35 shots on target per game against the Avalanche, whereas they made only 23 shots in the last game. Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos made only four shots on target together. I believe that Jon Cooper’s men will fix their mistakes to score three or more goals. Also, the same outcome has played out in three of the last four H2H games.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals — Lightning
Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractions)