The Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Wednesday, 15 June 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. By GMT, the kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado.
The Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (15 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 33%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 48%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.
The latest odds for Avalanche vs Lightning (15 June 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.70 (+170; 17/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning match preview and statistics
The Colorado Avalanche defeated the Edmonton Oilers (6-5) in the last fixture.
In the first period, the Avalanche showed a confident play. They made 15 shots on target. They had one power play opportunity and converted it to open the score. In the fourth minute, Cale Makar opened the score with Artturi Lehkonen’s support.
In the second period, the Colorado Avalanche made 11 shots on target, but did not score a goal. They completed only 13 defensive actions and conceded three goals. Jared Bednar’s men won 50% out of 18 face-offs.
Both teams played aggressively in the last period. The Avalanche and the Oilers made 14 and 15 shots on target, respectively. However, Jared Bednar’s men bagged four goals, whereas their rivals scored only two. Devon Toews, Gabriel Landeskog, Nathan MacKinnon and Mikko Rantanen scored their goals. Artturi Lehkonen bagged the winning goal in the second minute of the overtime.
Cale Makar was the second star of the match with one goal and four assists. Pavel Francouz did not show his best play. He saved only 30 out of 35 shots on target.
The Colorado Avalanche have scored four or more goals in seven of the last eight matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) to score four goals in this game.
Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury.
The Tampa Bay Lightning won over the New York Rangers (2-1) in the most recent game.
We did not see a goal in the first period. Tampa made 11 shots on target and completed 16 defensive actions. The New York Rangers completed 20 defensive actions and won eight out of 15 face-offs.
The Lightning had two power play opportunities in the second period, but they did not convert both. In the 31st minute, Steven Stamkos scored a goal with Ondrej Palat and Mikhail Sergachev’s support. Overall Tampa made 12 attempts to score.
In the last period, the teams showed absolutely equal play and the New York Rangers were not able to come back. Both teams made eight shots on target and finished one of them successfully each. In the 54th minute, Frank Vatrano leveled the score in power play, but Steven Stamkos scored a winning goal in 21 seconds.
Stamkos was the first star of the match, whereas Andrei Vasilevskiy was the second one with 95% saving ratio.
A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in nine of the last 11 matches with the Tampa Bay Lightning participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in this game
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brayden Point — lower injury, Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H
The teams met each other two times in the regular season and the Avalanche won both fixtures. They made 74 shots on target and finished approximately 9.5% of them successfully. The Avalanche completed 107 defensive actions and won 66 face-offs.
The Tampa Bay Lightning made 70 shots on target and these two matches. They completed 108 defensive actions and won 67 remaining face-offs.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning lineups and key players
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Pavel Francouz
- Devon Toews
- Cale Makar
- Nathan MacKinnon
- Mikko Rantanen
- Valeri Nichushkin
Cale Makar took part in five out of six goals in the last match to finish it as the second star. He is the second best defender in the play-offs with five goals and 17 assists.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Nikita Kucherov
- Ondrej Palat
Steven Stamkos was the best player of the last match with two goals. He has scored nine goals and has made six assists in the play-offs.
Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning predictions and betting tips
The Avalanche play their best season. They have a streak of five victories and have won 12 of the last 14 matches. Jared Bednar’s men have won all H2H matches against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2021-22 season. There are four players from the Colorado Avalanche among the top 10 best players in the play-offs. These are reasons why the Avalanche look much stronger in their home match.
A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in the last three H2H matches. Also, the same outcome has played out in 11 of the last 12 games with the Tampa Bay Lightning participating and in three of the last five matches with the Avalanche’s participation. This total looks safe.
Betting prediction: Colorado Avalanche to win
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractions)