The Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers fixture in the East final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Saturday, 11 June 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. The New York Rangers come with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 29%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.40 (+340; 17/5), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.
The latest odds for Lightning vs Rangers (11 June 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Under 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
Match preview and statistics
The Tampa Bay Lightning destroyed the Rangers (3-1) to lead the series with a 3-2 score.
Tampa did not show their best performance in the first period. They made only three shots on target. There were two more attempts to score, but the сrossbar saved both. Also, the Lightning completed 17 defensive actions.
In the second period, the Lightning played much better than in the first one. They made 13 shots on target and bagged one goal. The Tampa Bay Lightning completed three blocks and seven saves. In the 18th minute, Mikhail Sergachev leveled the score.
In the last period, Jon Cooper’s boys played confidently. They finished two out of 11 attempts to score successfully. In the 19th minute, Ondrej Palat scored the second goal with Victor Hedman and Mikhail Sergachev’s support. Brandon Hagel scored the last goal into the empty net in one minute.
Mikhail Sergachev was 23 minutes on ice and finished the match as the first star. He made three shots on target, scored one goal and made an assist. Andrei Vasilevskiy was the second star of the fixture. He conceded only one out of 25 shots on target.
A total of over 8.5 penalty minutes for the Lightning has played out in four out of five matches in the current series. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in the sixth game.
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
The New York Rangers were defeated by the Tampa Bay Lightning (1-3) in the fifth game.
In the first period, the New York Rangers played better than their rivals. They made eight shots on target, but were not lucky to finish them successfully. The Rangers won 56% out of 16 face-offs and completed 16 defensive actions.
Gerard Gallant’s men were weaker in the second period than the Lightning. They made eight shots on target, and scored one goal. The Rangers completed seven interceptions. In the 31st minute, Ryan Lindgren opened the score.
The New York Rangers did not perform badly in the last period, but that was not enough to beat Tampa. They made nine shots on target, and did not score a goal. The Rangers completed 20 defensive actions and won 10 out of 19 face-offs.
Igor Shesterkin saved 24 out of 26 shots on target to finish the match with a 92.3% saving ratio. Ryan Lindgren was the third star of the match. He made three shots on target and finished one of them successfully.
The New York Rangers have scored 14 goals in the five matches of the series. They are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to score three goals in the next match.
New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers H2H
The New York Rangers played perfectly in the regular season. They won all three H2H matches against the Lightning. Gerard Gallant’s men completed 161 defensive actions. They won 82 face-offs and made 71 shots on target. The Rangers bagged 10 goals.
Tampa made 95 shots on target and finished four of them successfully. The Lightning completed 120 defensive actions and won 78 remaining face-offs.
Lineups and key players
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Nikita Kucherov
- Ondrej Palat
Ondrej Palat has scored eight goals in the play-offs which is the greatest number in the Lightning. In the last match, Palat made four shots and bagged one goal.
New York Rangers projected starting lineup:
- Igor Shesterkin
- Adam Fox
- Jacob Trouba
- Artemi Panarin
- Mika Zibanejad
- Chris Kreider
Mika Zibanejad keeps being the third best attacker in the play-offs. He has scored 10 goals and has made 14 assists.
Prediction and betting tips
The Tampa Bay Lightning have lost only one out of seven home matches in the play-offs and five of the last seven H2H matches against the New York Rangers in the Amalie Arena. In the last game, they showed a stronger performance than the Rangers apart from the first period. Also, Andrei Vasilevskiy is in incredible form now. He finished the last three matches among the first two stars. I believe that Tampa will finish the series in this game.
We have seen a total of under 5.5 goals in six of the last seven head-to-head matches. The same total has played out in eight of the last 10 matches with the Tampa Bay Lightning participating. I believe that we will not see more than five goals in this match.
Betting prediction: The Tampa Bay Lightning to win
Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractions)