New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes prediction and betting tips (April 12)
The Carolina Hurricanes have won four of the last five matches against the Rangers, but lost the last one. Who will be better this time?
Jordan Staal (Carolina Hurricanes) scored 3 out of 5 goals in the last game
Jordan Staal (Carolina Hurricanes) scored 3 out of 5 goals in the last game

The New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 12 April 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York. The New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes (12 April 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 2.35 (+135 American; 27/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 42%. The Carolina Hurricanes come with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 36%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Rangers vs Hurricanes (12 April 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Rangers — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Hurricanes — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes match preview and statistics

The New York Rangers are second in the Metropolitan Division with 100 points. They won 47 matches, lost 26 fixtures, with six overtimes.

In the last game, Gerard Gallant’s boys won over the Ottawa Senators (5-1). They absolutely dominated in the first period. They made 12 shots on target and bagged one goal, whereas the Senators finished one out of three shots successfully. In the third minute, Austin Watson opened the score. Artemi Panarin leveled the score in the 13th minute.

In the second period, the Rangers played much better than their rivals too. They made 13 shots, won eight out of 18 face-offs and completed 11 defensive actions. Andrew Copp and Chris Kreider scored their goals in the 27th and 30th minutes, respectively. Ryan Strome scored one more goal in the 38th minute.

The Senators attacked a bit better in the last period, but they did not finish 13 shots on target successfully. The New York Rangers made eight shots on target and scored one goal. They won 62.5% out of 16 face-offs. In the 58th minute, Chris Kreider scored the last goal in the match.

The Rangers have scored three or more goals in nine of the last 10 matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this game.

New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury, Tyler Motte — lower body injury.

The Carolina Hurricanes lead in the Metropolitan Division with 102 points in 73 fixtures.

They beat the Anaheim Ducks (5-2) in the most recent match. The Hurricanes made 16 shots on target, won nine face-offs and completed six interceptions in the first period. Andrei Svechnikov and Jordan Staal scored the first two goals for the Hurricanes. Josh Mahura scored the first goal for the Ducks in the seventh minute. Jordan Martinook scored a goal in the 10th minute, but Troy Terry scored the second goal for Ducks in the 12th minute.

In the second period, the Carolina Hurricanes showed incredible play. They made 18 shots on target. The Hurricanes won 10 face-offs and completed 12 defensive actions, but did not score a goal.

They played better than their rivals in the last period too. Rod Brind'Amour’s men made nine shots on target and bagged one goal. The Carolina Hurricanes won 60% out of 15 face-offs. Jordan Staal scored two goals in the 54th and 59th minutes.

We have seen a total of over 5.5 goals in three of the last four matches with the Hurricanes participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in the last fixture.

Carolina Hurricanes team news: Jesperi Kotkaniemi — upper body injury.

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes H2H

The Rangers pulled the Carolina Hurricanes (2-0) down in the last head-to-head game. They made only 18 shots on target and finally finished two of them successfully. The New York Rangers won 22 face-offs and completed 75 defensive actions.

The Hurricanes made 44 shots on target, but were not able to score a goal. They won 27 face-offs and completed eight interceptions.

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes lineups and key players

New York Rangers projected first lineup:

  • Alexandar Georgiev
  • Adam Fox
  • Jacob Trouba
  • Ryan Reaves
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Chris Kreider

Chris Kreider scored one out of two goals in the last head-to-head match against the Hurricanes and bagged two goals in the most recent game.

Carolina Hurricanes projected starting lineup:

  • Antti Raanta
  • Jaccob Slavin
  • Ethan Bear
  • Sebastian Aho
  • Teuvo Teravainen
  • Andrei Svechnikov

Jordan Staal scored three out of five goals in the last game. He has scored 13 goals and has made 18 assists in the 2021-22 season.

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes predictions and betting tips

The New York Rangers don't look like a strong opponent in this match. They have won four of the last five head-to-head matches. In the last H2H game, they played perfectly in spite of the losing result. The Hurricanes are best in goals against per game ratio. They have conceded 2.37 goals per match. Also, they have saved 91.9% of shots on target, which is the fourth best ratio. I believe that they will win this match.

A total of under 5.5 goals looks safe. This outcome has played out in four of the last five head-to-head matches and in three of the last five matches with the New York Rangers participating.

Betting prediction: Carolina Hurricanes to win

Odds: 2.70 (+170 American; 17/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)

New York Rangers — Carolina Hurricanes
Not settled
Under 5.5 goals
2.10
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!