Monaco vs Rennes prediction and betting tips (December 22)
Monaco have lost only one of the last ten matches. Will they win over Rennes in this one?
Gaetan Laborde (Rennes) is the 4th best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 season by now
Gaetan Laborde (Rennes) is the 4th best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 season by now
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Monaco vs Rennes fixture in the 19th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Wednesday, 22 December 2021, starting at 08:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Louis II, Monaco. Monaco vs Rennes (December 22) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Monaco vs Rennes (December 22) latest odds on betting sites

Rennes are priced with the odds of 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 31%. Monaco come with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to take Rennes down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 43%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.60 (+260; 13/5) which equals an approximate probability of 26%.

The latest odds for Monaco vs Rennes (December 22) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) onRennes — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on Monaco — 4.20 (+320; 16/5)
  • Kevin Volland to score anytime — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
  • Wissam Ben Yedder to score at anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Monaco vs Rennes (December 22) match preview and stats

Monaco are eighth in the 2021-22 season. They won seven matches, drew five times and lost six games. In the last fixture, they were defeated by Paris Saint-Germain (0-2).

In the first half, the Monegasques played well. They controlled the ball 54% of the time and attacked 31 times. They made eight shots but these were not on target, whereas Les Parisiens made six shots with two on target. In spite of the fact that Monaco completed 18 defensive actions in this half, PSG scored two goals. In the 12th minute, Kylian Mbappe scored the penalty. In the 45th minute, he scored the second goal with Lionel Messi’s support.

In the second half, Monaco played well too. They controlled the ball 41% of the time and attacked 21 times, whereas Paris Saint-Germain made only 14 attacks. The Monegasques made five shots with three on target but did not score a goal.

Monaco have played passively in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They made 142 shots with 67 on target in 18 games while scoring 27 goals in these matches and creating 145 chances in penalty areas. Niko Kovac’s men have averaged 23 defensive actions per game.

We have seen a total under 2.5 goals in the last three matches with Monaco participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this game.

Monaco team news: Benoit Badiashile — muscle injury, Krepin Diatta — muscle injury, Francesc Fabregas — muscle injury, Jean Marcelin — torn muscle injury.

Rennes are third in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 31 points in 18 matches. They beat nine rivals, drew four times and lost five remaining fixtures. In the last game, Les Rennais won over Lorient (1-0).

They dominated the first half. Bruno Genesio’s men controlled the ball 61% of the time and attacked 37 times, which is a great number. They made five shots with two on target and finished one of them successfully. Rennes completed only 10 defensive actions. In the 21st minute, Jonas Martin helped Warmed Omari to score the first goal.

In the second half, Rennes performed much better again. They controlled the ball 59% of the time and attacked 35 times. Les Rennais made four shots with three on target, whereas Lorient made only one shot which was not on target. We did not see a goal in this half, but Rennes completed eight defensive actions.

Bruno Genesio’s boys have performed well in the 2021-22 season. They have made 207 shots with 96 on target this season and have scored 33 goals. Rennes have created approximately 12 chances in penalty areas per game on average. They completed 431 defensive actions in 18 fixtures.

Both teams have scored in the last nine H2H matches of Rennes against Monaco. This outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in the next game.

Rennes team news: Jeremy Gelin — cruciate ligament rupture.

Monaco vs Rennes (December 22) key players and lineups

Monaco projected starting lineup:

  • Alexander Nubel
  • Caio Henrique
  • Axel Disasi
  • Guillermo Maripan
  • Ruben Aguilar
  • Sofiane Diop
  • Youssouf Fofana
  • Aurélien Tchouameni
  • Gelson Martins
  • Myron Boadu
  • Wissam Ben Yedder

Wissam Ben Yedder has played well in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He has scored nine goals and made two assists. Wissam has created 14 chances in penalty areas.

Rennes projected starting lineup:

  • Alfred Gomis
  • Hamari Traore
  • Loic Bade
  • Nayef Aguerd
  • Adrien Truffert
  • Benjamin Bourigeaud
  • Jonas Martin
  • Baptiste Santamaria
  • Kamaldeen Sulemana
  • Martin Terrier
  • Gaetan Laborde

Gaetan Laborde is the fourth best scorer in the 2021-22 season. He has scored nine goals and made three assists.

Monaco vs Rennes (December 22) betting tips and prediction

Rennes performed more confidently this season. Their performance in attack and defence were much better than that of Monaco. In H2H matches, both teams performed equally. We saw two draws in the last six H2H fixtures, with teams winning two games each.

I believe that Les Rennais will be able to win over Monaco in this match. They have lost only two of the last 18 matches and have won 13 of them. Both teams are able to score though. The same outcome has played out in the last nine H2H matches between them.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.75 (-153 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Rennes to win

Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional)

Monaco — Rennes
Won
Both teams to score
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!