Marseille vs Lille prediction and betting tips (January 16)
Lille did not lose in the last three head-to-head fixtures against Marseille whereas Marseille have a streak of six matches without losses. Who will perform better this time?
Dimitri Payet (Marseille) has scored the highest number of goals this season
Dimitri Payet (Marseille) has scored the highest number of goals this season

The Marseille vs Lille fixture in the 21st round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 16 January 2022, starting at 07:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Orange Velodrome, Marseille. Marseille vs Lille (January 16) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Marseille vs Lille (January 16) latest odds on betting sites

Lille are priced with the odds of 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 31%. Marseille come with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to take Lille down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 41%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2) which equals an approximate probability of 28%.

The latest odds for Marseille vs Lille (January 16) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Lille — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Marseille — 4.60 (+360; 18/5)
  • Arkadiusz Milik to score anytime — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Dimitri Payet to score anytime — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Marseille vs Lille (January 16) match preview and stats

Marseille are third in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have 10 victories, six draws and three losses. In the most recent match, Marseille won over Bordeaux (1-0).

They absolutely dominated in the first half. Les Olympiens controlled the ball 72% of the time and attacked 27 times. They made nine shots with one on target and completed 10 defensive actions. In the 37th minute, Cengiz Under scored a goal to open the score. Issouf Sissokho received a single yellow card in this half.

In the second half, Marseille played a bit better. They controlled the ball 60% of the time and attacked 27 times again. They made nine shots with five on target, whereas Bordeaux made five shots with two on target but both teams did not score a goal. Les Olympiense completed 16 defensive actions, whereas their rivals completed 15 defensive actions.

Jorge Sampaoli’s boys have attacked well in the 2021-22 season. They have made 186 shots with 76 on target. Marseille have created 206 chances in penalty areas and have scored 27 goals in 19 games. Les Olympiense have completed approximately 22 defensive actions per game on average.

We have seen a total under 2.5 goals in four of the last six matches with Marseille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this match.

Marseille team news: Steve Mandanda — ankle injury, Valentin Rongier — leg injury.

Lille are 10th in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 table with 28 points in 19 fixtures. They won over seven rivals, drew seven times and lost five remaining games. In the last match Les Dogues were defeated by Lens (2-3).

In the first half, Lille did not perform confidently but scored two goals, whereas their rivals did not finish even one of their shots on target successfully. Les Dogues controlled the ball 42% of the time and attacked 10 times. They made five shots with three on target. Amadou Onana scored two goals for his teams in the 28th and 33rd minutes.

Lens absolutely dominated in the second half. They controlled the ball 58% of the time and attacked 38 times, whereas Lille made only 11 attacks. Jocelyn Gourvennec’s men made three shots with one on target, whereas their rivals made 14 shots with four on target and finished two of them successfully. Seko Fofana scored these goals in the 67th and 95th minutes. Lille scored only three out of five penalties and lost this fixture.

Les Dogues have defended well but their attack has not been confident this season. They have completed approximately 29 defensive actions per game on average. Jocelyn Gourvennec’s boys have made 169 shots with 75 on target and have scored 26 goals. Besides, they have created 158 chances in penalty areas.

Both teams have scored in seven of the last eight matches with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this match.

Lille team news: Timothy Weah — muscle injury, Leo Jardim — neck injury.

Marseille vs Lille (January 16) key players and lineups

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Pau Lopez
  • Luan Peres
  • Duje Caleta-Car
  • William Saliba
  • Pol Lirola
  • Matteo Guendouzi
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Bamba Dieng
  • Cengiz Under
  • Amine Harit
  • Dimitri Payet

Dimitri Payet has scored the highest number of goals for his team this season. He has scored seven goals and has made seven assists. Besides, Dimitri has created 64 chances in penalty areas.

Lille projected starting lineup:

  • Ivo Grbic
  • Mehmet Zeki Celik
  • Jose Fonte
  • Tiago Djalo
  • Reinildo
  • Jonathan Ikone
  • Renato Sanches
  • Benjamin Andre
  • Angel Gomes
  • Burak Yilmaz
  • Jonathan David

Jonathan David is the best scorer in the 2021-22 season. He scored 12 goals and created 17 chances in penalty areas in 1363 minutes.

Marseille vs Lille (January 16) betting tips and prediction

Marseille looks much stronger now. Their attack is the second best in the 2021-22 Ligue 1, so they are sure to score a goal. Lille have not looked as strong as their rivals, however they scored in the last eight H2H matches against Les Olympiense. I believe that both teams will score in this match.

Marseille have a streak of six matches without losses and have won seven of the last nine matches. That said, they are comfortable rivals for Lille, who are on a streak of three H2H matches without losses. I believe that we will see a draw in this match.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score (Yes)

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Paris Saint-Germain to win

Odds: 3.50 (+250 American; 5/2 Fractional)

Marseille — Lille
Won
Both teams to score (Yes)
1.85
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!