Marseille vs Lens prediction and betting tips (September 26)
Marseille last won over Lens in the 2014-15 Ligue 1, but they have a streak of 16 fixtures without losses now.
Lens have 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat from 7 league games
Lens have 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat from 7 league games
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Marseille vs Lens fixture in the Round 8 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 26 September 2021, starting at 06:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Orange Velodrome, Marseille. Marseille vs Lens (September 26) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Marseille vs Lens (September 26) latest odds on betting sites

Les Olympiens are priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional) to win in their seventh fixture, which equals an approximate probability of 54%. Lens come with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2) to beat Marseille in this fixture. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 22%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10) in this fixture, which equals an approximate probability of 24%.

The latest odds for Marseille vs Lens (September 26) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Marseille — 3.10 (+210; 21/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lens — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
  • Salim Ben Seghir to score at any time — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
  • Luis Henrique Tomaz de Lima to score at any time — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)

Marseille vs Lens (September 26) match preview and stats

Marseille are second in the 2021-22 Ligue table, one of two teams that haven’t lost a match so far. Les Olympiense won over four rivals and drew two times.

Marseille played unexpectedly badly in the most recent fixture. They drew against Angers (0-0). Jorge Sampaoli’s boys controlled the ball 59% of all time, but their attacks were very weak. In the first half, they attacked 22 times but made only one shot, which was not on target, whereas three players caught yellow cards. In the second half, Marseille made five shots, but only one of them was on target and they did not finish it with a goal. At the same time Angers attacked 40 times and made eight shots with one on target.

Les Olympiense have attacked badly in the last three head-to-head fixtures against Angers as well. They have controlled the ball 45% of all time. Also, they have made 30 shots with 11 on target and have made approximately 36 attacks per game on average. That said, Jorge Sampaoli’s side has finished approximately 55% of shots on target successfully.

We have seen a total under 2.5 goals in four of the last five matches with Marseille participating. This outcome is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in the next match.

Marseille team news: Arkadiusz Milik — knee injury, Dimitri Payet — hip injury.

Lens got 12 points and are 4th in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 table. They have won three times, drew three times, and lost one game.

Lens dominated in the most recent fixture against Strasbourg, but were unlucky to lose it with a 0-1 score. In the first half, Lens controlled the ball 60% of the time. They attacked 26 times and made seven shots with two on target, but no goals. In the second half, Kevin Danso caught a red card. This situation did not make Lens much weaker: they made ten shots with two on target, whereas Strasbourg made twice less shots — but scored once.

Overall, the Blood and Gold were not bad in attack in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have created 73 moments in seven matches. Also, Lens have made 78 shots with 37 on target but finished successfully only 11 of them. They have played flawlessly in defence too. Franck Haise’s men have completed approximately 31 defensive actions per game on average.

Lens have scored two or more goals in eight of the last 11 fixtures. Lens are priced with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to score the same number of goals.

Lens team news: Kevin Danso — red card.

Marseille vs Lens (September 26) key players and lineups

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Steve Mandanda
  • Alvaro Gonzalez
  • William Saliba
  • Jordan Amavi
  • Amay Caprice
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Matteo Guendouzi
  • Luis Henrique
  • Franco Tongya
  • Cengiz Under
  • Bamba Dieng

Bamba Dieng has played perfectly in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 so far. He has created seven moments in penalty areas and has scored three goals in 234 minutes which is great..

Lens projected starting lineup:

  • Jean-Louis Leca
  • Jonathan Gradit
  • Christopher Wooh
  • Facundo Medina
  • Cheick Doucoure
  • Seko Fofana
  • Deiver Machado
  • Jonathan Clauss
  • Gael Kakuta
  • Ignatius Ganago
  • Florian Sotoca

Seko Fofana made 14 shots with nine on target in seven matches this season. Besides, he created five chances and scored three goals.

Marseille vs Lens (September 26) betting tips and prediction

Marseille played much worse in the matches without Dimitri Payet. They drew against Lokomotiv (1-1) in the Europa League and drew against Angers (0-0). The following match will be played without Payet too. Also, Lens is not a comfortable opponent for Marseille, according to their last three H2H fixtures. Lens played well in the 2021-22 season: they showed high-level attack and flawless defence. I believe they will not lose this match. But with their great offence, Marseille is sure to score at least one goal.

Betting prediction: Lens to win or draw

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Marseille — Lens
Lens to win or draw
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!