Lyon vs PSG prediction and betting tips (January 9)
Paris Saint-Germain have won six of the last seven H2H fixtures against Lyon. Who will play better this time?
Moussa Dembele (Lyon) has had 4 goals and 1 assist this season
Moussa Dembele (Lyon) has had 4 goals and 1 assist this season

The Lyon vs PSG fixture in the 20th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 9 January 2021, starting at 07:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon. Lyon vs PSG (January 9) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Lyon vs PSG (January 9) latest odds on betting sites

Lyon are priced with the odds of 3.90 (+290 American; 29/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 25.5%. PSG come with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) to take Lyon down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 50%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10) which equals an approximate probability of 24.5%.

The latest odds for Lyon vs PSG (January 9) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Lyon — 1.33 (-300; 1/3)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 3.80 (+280; 14/5)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Kylian Mbappe to score anytime — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Lyon vs PSG (January 9) match preview and stats

Lyon are 13th in the 2021-22 season. They received 24 points in 18 fixtures. Les Gones won six fixtures, drew seven times and lost five games. In the last match, they met Metz (1-1).

In the first half, Lyon played better than their rivals. They controlled the ball 74% of the time and attacked 24 times, whereas their rivals made eight attacks in this half. Les Gones made eight shots with one on target. Metz completed 19 defensive actions, and that was the reason why Lyon did not score a goal. Les Gones received two yellow cards in this half.

Peter Bosz’s men absolutely dominated the second half. They made 10 shots with five on target, whereas their rivals made three shots with one on target. Lyon controlled the ball 78% of the time and attacked 44 times. In the 56th minute, Castello Lukeba opened the score with Mathis Rayan Cherki’s support. Boubacar Traore leveled the score in the 58th minute to draw this match.

Lyon have shown good performance in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have made 187 shots with 94 on target, created 188 chances in penalty areas and scored 26 goals in 18 matches. Les Gones completed 548 defensive actions in these fixtures.

Lyon have drawn the last four games. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10) in this match.

Lyon team news: Sinaly Diomande — ankle injury, Jason Denayer — ankle injury, Henrique — muscle injury.

PSG are first in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They received 46 points in 19 games. Les Parisiens won 14 matches, drew four times and lost only one match. PSG met Lorient (1-1) in the last game.

Paris Saint-Germain controlled the ball 81% of the time and attacked 52 times in the first half. They made six shots which were not on target, whereas their rivals attacked 20 times and made 11 shots with four on target. In the 40th minute, Thomas Monconduit scored the first goal with Enzo Le Fee’s support.

Les Parisiens dominated in the second half. They controlled the ball 73% of the time and made 11 shots with four on target. They attacked 67 times in this half, which is a great number. Besides, PSG completed 10 defensive actions in this half. In the 91st minute, Achraf Hakimi helped Mauro Icardi to level the score.

Mauricio Pochettino’s men have attacked perfectly in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They made 192 shots with 90 on target and scored 39 goals in 19 matches. Les Parisiens have created 198 chances in penalty areas and have completed approximately 23 defensive actions per game.

Paris Saint-Germain have won to nil in three of the last four matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 6.00 (+500; 5/1) in this game.

PSG team news: Neymar — ankle injury, Julian Draxler — muscle injury, Angel Di Maria — Covid-19, Layvin Kurzawa — Covid-19, Gianluigi Donnarumma — Covid-19, Danilo Pereira — Covid-19.

Lyon vs PSG (January 9) key players and lineups

Lyon projected starting lineup:

  • Anthony Lopes
  • Castello Lukeba
  • Jerome Boateng
  • Damien Da Silva
  • Emerson
  • Bruno Guimaraes
  • Maxence Caqueret
  • Malo Gusto
  • Houssem Aouar
  • Moussa Dembele
  • Rayan Cherki

Moussa Dembele has scored four goals and has made one assist this season. He made 21 shots with 11 on target in 709 minutes.

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Keylor Navas
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Idrissa Gueye
  • Danilo Pereira
  • Eric Ebimbe
  • Mauro Icardi
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Lionel Messi

Kylian Mbappe is the third-best forward in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored nine goals and made eight assists in 17 games.

Lyon vs PSG (January 9) betting tips and prediction

PSG have a much stronger roster, while two best Lyon’s attackers will not be able to play in this game. Les Parisiens have a streak of eight matches without losses and have lost only one of the last 16 matches. I believe that PSG will win over Lyon in this match.

Besides, we have seen a total under 3.5 goals in three out of four H2H matches and in five of the last six matches with Lyon participating. This outcome looks safe too.

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Paris Saint-Germain to win

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Lyon — PSG
Won
Under 3.5 goals
1.70
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!