Lille vs PSG prediction and betting tips (August 21)
PSG have won the first two matches of the 2022-23 Ligue 1, scoring five goals in each. Do Lille have a chance to beat Paris Saint-Germain?
Neymar has score three goals and three assists in the 2022-23 season.
Neymar has score three goals and three assists in the 2022-23 season.

The Lille vs PSG fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 21 August 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille.

Latest odds on betting sites

Lille are priced with the odds of 6.60 (+560 American; 28/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 15%. PSG come with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) to take Lille down. The chances of this outcome are close to 65%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.90 (+390; 39/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Lille vs PSG (August 21) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals โ€” 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Under 3.5 goals โ€” 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Lille โ€” 1.65 (-155; 13/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG โ€” 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime โ€” 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Kylian Mbappe to score anytime โ€” 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Match preview and statistics

Lille met Nantes (1-01) in the Round 2. They received four points in the first two games.

Les Dogues played aggressively in the first half. They controlled the ball 67% of the time and attacked 42 times. Lille made eight shots with two on target, but did not score a goal. Also, Lille received four yellow cards in the first half. Nantes made only six shots with one on target, but they scored a goal. In the 28th minute, Moses Simon opened the score.

In the second half, Lille played much better than Nantes. They made eight shots with three on target, whereas Nantes made four shots which were not on target. Lille controlled the ball 73% of the time and attacked 34 times. However, they scored only one goal. Ismaily leveled the score in the 76th minute.

Both teams have scored in all matches in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this game.

PSG defeated Montpellier (5-2) in the last game. They have six points after the first two rounds.

Paris Saint-Germain absolutely dominated in the first half. They made nine shots with five on target, whereas Montpellier made only one shot which was not on target. In the 23rd minute, Kylian Mbappe did not score a penalty. Falaye Sacko scored an own goal in the 39th minute. Neymar scored the second goal in four minutes.

In the second half, Montpellier played a bit better, but it still was not enough to beat PSG. Les Parisiens controlled the ball 54% of the time and attacked 38 times. They made 11 shots with five on target, whereas Montpellier made four shots on target. Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Renato Sanches scored their goals for PSG. Wahbi Khazri and Enzo Tchato scored two goals for Montpellier.

PSG have scored three or more goals in the last five matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this match.

Lille vs PSG H2H

Paris Saint-Germain beat Lille (5-1) in the Round 23 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They controlled the ball 59% of the time and made 54 attacks. They made 16 shots with seven on target and scored five goals.

Les Dogues made 10 shots with five on target and completed 23 defensive actions. They controlled the ball 41% of the time and attacked 48 times.

Lineups and key players

Lille projected starting lineup:

  • Lะตo Jardim
  • Alexsandro Ribeiro
  • Gabriel Gudmundsson
  • Jose Fonte
  • Bafode Diakite
  • Jonas Martin
  • Remy Cabella
  • Benjamin Andre
  • Jonathan Bamba
  • Timothy Weah
  • Jonathan David

Jonathan David is the third best scorer of the 2022-23 Ligue 1. He has scored two goals and has made two assists in the last two games.

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Keylor Navas
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Layvin Kurzawa
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Leandro Paredes
  • Ander Herrera
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Neymar
  • Lionel Messi

Neymar is the best scorer in the current season. He has three goals and three assists. In the last match, Neymar scored three goals, but one of them was canceled due to offside.

Prediction and betting tips

PSG have a streak of nine victories. Also, they have lost only two of the last seven H2H games against Lille. Les Dogues were not strong in the last fixture. They attacked stronger than Nantes, but Lille did not finish most of their moments successfully. They finished only one out of 16 shots successfully.

PSG are much stronger and they will win this fixture for sure. HT/FT โ€“ 2/2 has played out in the last nine games with PSG participating and in the last H2H fixture against Lille. The same outcome may play out this time too.

Betting prediction: HT/FT โ€“ 2/2

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)

Lille โ€” PSG
Won
HT/FT โ€“ 2/2
2.50
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!