Lille vs Lyon prediction and betting tips (December 12)
Lille have a streak of eight matches without losses, whereas Lyon did not win in the last three matches. Who will perform better this time?
Jonathan David keeps being the top scorer of the 2021-22 Ligue 1
Jonathan David keeps being the top scorer of the 2021-22 Ligue 1
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Lille vs Lyon fixture in the 18th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 12 December 2021, starting at 12:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille. Lille vs Lyon (December 12) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Lille vs Lyon (December 12) latest odds on betting sites

Lille are priced with the odds of 2.35 (+135 American; 27/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 42%. Lyon come with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1) to take Lille down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 33%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.75 (+275; 11/4) which equals an approximate probability of 25%.

The latest odds for Lille vs Lyon (December 12) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on Lille — 4.20 (+320; 16/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on Lyon — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
  • Jonathan David to score anytime — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Burak Yilmaz to score at anytime — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)

Lille vs Lyon (December 12) match preview and stats

Lille took 24 points in 17 matches to be placed 12th in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They won six matches, drew six times and lost five games. In the last game, Les Dogues beat Troyes (2-1).

They performed well in the first half. Lille controlled the ball 46% of the time but made 44 attacks, whereas Troyes attacked 28 times. Les Dogues made seven shots with one on target but did not finish it successfully. Their defence was not as good as their attack. Lille completed 13 defensive attacks. Tristan Dingome scored the first goal for Troyes with Florian Tardieu’s support.

In the second half, Lille played better than Troyes again. They made six shots with three on target. Besides, Jocelyn Gourvennec’s boys controlled the ball 44% of the time and attacked 27 times. In the 48th minute, Benjamin Andre helped Jonathan David to level the score. In the 85th minute, Jimmy Giraudon scored an own goal to lose the game.

Lille’s stats in the 2021-22 season are not good. They have made 149 shots with 70 on target. Besides, Les Dogues have created 141 chances in penalty areas in 17 matches and finished 23 of them successfully. Jocelyn Gourvennec’s men have completed approximately 28 defensive actions per fixture on average.

Both teams have scored in nine of the last ten matches with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this game.

Lille team news: Timothy Weah — muscle injury, Leo Jardim — neck injury, Reinildo Mandava — red card.

Lyon are 13th in the 2021-22 season. They took 22 points in 16 games. Les Gones won over six rivals, drew five times and lost five games. In the last fixture, Lyon met Bordeaux (2-2).

They dominated in the first half. They controlled the ball 69% of the time and attacked 33 times, whereas Bordeaux made only nine attacks. Les Gones made seven shots with three on target and scored two goals because Bordeaux completed only nine defensive actions in this half. In the 29th minute, Xherdan Shaqiri helped Jason Denayer to score the first goal. Malo Gusto scored an own goal in the 36th minute. In the 41st minute, Thiago Mendes scored the second goal for his team with Lucas Paqueta’s support.

In the second half, Lyon played a bit better again. Les Gones controlled the ball 71% of the time and attacked 45 times, whereas Bordeaux made only 15 attacks. Peter Bosz’s boys made 12 shots with two on target but did not score a goal in this half. In the 58th minute, Hwang Ui-jo helped Alberth Elisto level the score.

Lyon performed confidently in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have completed approximately 29 defensive actions per game on average. Besides, Les Gones have made 167 shots with 86 on target. They have created 167 moments in penalty areas and have scored 25 goals.

We have seen a total over 2.5 goals in eight of the last ten matches with Lyon participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in the next match.

Lyon team news: Jeff Reine-Adelaide — knee injury, Leo Dubois — hip injury, Sinaly Diomande — ankle injury, Lucas Paqueta — red card, Lenny Pintor — knee injury.

Lille vs Lyon (December 12) key players and lineups

Lille projected starting lineup:

  • Ivo Grbic
  • Mehmet Zeki Celik
  • Jose Fonte
  • Tiago Djalo
  • Reinildo
  • Jonathan Ikone
  • Renato Sanches
  • Benjamin Andre
  • Angel Gomes
  • Burak Yilmaz
  • Jonathan David

Jonathan David keeps being the top scorer of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored 11 goals and created 16 chances in penalty areas.

Lyon projected starting lineup:

  • Julian Pollersbeck
  • Henrique
  • Castello Lukeba
  • Damien Da Silva
  • Malo Gusto
  • Habib Keita
  • Thiago Mendes
  • Karl Toko Ekambi
  • Houssem Aouar
  • Rayan Cherki
  • Moussa Dembele

Karl Toko Ekambi scored the second greatest number of goals for his team. He scored five goals and made two assists in the 2021-22 season.

Lille vs Lyon (December 12) betting tips and prediction

Lille showed strong play in the last matches. They have a streak of eight matches without losses and they have won five of them. Besides, Lille beat Lyon in the most recent H2H fixture with a 3-2 score and have a streak of 10 H2H matches without losses. Lyon started this season well, but they are not in their best form now. They have won only one of the last four games. Lille are uncomfortable rivals for Lyon and they will be able to win them now. Also, both teams are able to score in this game. Lille have scored in the last 10 matches, whereas Lyon have scored in their last 20 matches.

Betting prediction: Lille to win

Odds: 2.35 (+135 American; 27/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Lille — Lyon
Lost
Lille to win
2.35
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!