Lens vs PSG prediction and betting tips (December 4)
PSG have won five of the last seven H2H matches against Lens. Do Lens have a chance to win this time?
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) has been the best all along this club season
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) has been the best all along this club season
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Lens vs PSG fixture in the 17th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Saturday, 4 December 2021, starting at 08:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens. Lens vs PSG (December 4) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Lens vs PSG (December 4) latest odds on betting sites

PSG are priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 58.5%. Lens come with the odds of 5.10 (+410; 41/10) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 19.5%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10) which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Lens vs PSG (December 4) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on PSG — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on Lens — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Mauro Icardi to score at anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Lens vs PSG (December 4) match preview and stats

Lens are fifth in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They received 27 points in 16 matches. The Blood and Gold have eight victories, four draws and four losses. In the most recent game, Lens met Clermont (2-2).

In the first half, Franck Haise’s men played a bit worse than their rivals. They controlled the ball 43% of the time and attacked 12 times. Lens made five shots with one on target, whereas Clermont made 10 shots with two on target. In the 12th minute, Johan Gastien scored an own goal. In the 41st minute, Akim Zedadka helped Yohann Magnin to level the score.

In the second half, Clermont attacked better yet again. Lens controlled the ball 51% of the time but launched 11 attacks only, whereas Clermont attacked 24 times. The Blood and Gold made four shots with only one on target which was a goal. In the 47th minute, Jonathan Clauss helped Seko Fofana to score this one. In the 65th minute, Mohamed Bayo leveled the score with Jodel Dossou’s support.

Lens performed well in the 2021-22 season. They made 180 shots with 92 on target in 16 matches. The Blood and Gold created 171 chances in penalty areas and scored 29 goals. Franck Haise’s boys have completed approximately 30 defensive actions per fixture on average.

We have seen a total over 3.5 goals in five of the last six matches with Lens participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) in the next match.

Lens team news: Deiver Machado — knee injury, Wesley Said — muscle injury.

PSG are first in the 2021-22 season with 41 points in 16 matches. They won over 13 rivals, drew two times and lost a game. In the last match, Paris Saint-Germain played against Nice (0-0).

Les Parisiens played better than Nice in the first half. They controlled the ball 69% of the time and attacked 31 times. Paris Saint-Germain made 10 shots with three on target, whereas Nice made only three shots with two on target. Mauricio Pochettino’s boys performed well in defence too. They completed five blocks, two saves and six interceptions.

In the second half, PSG was absolutely dominating. They controlled the ball 71% of the time and attacked 54 times, whereas Nice made only 12 attacks. Les Parisiens made 12 shots with two on target. Nice made only one shot which was not on target.

Mauricio Pochettino’s men created 169 chances in penalty areas. They have made approximately 10 shots with five on target per game on average. Paris Saint-Germain scored 35 goals. Besides, Les Parisiens completed 368 defensive actions in 16 games.

Both teams have scored in eight of the last 10 matches with PSG participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) in the next fixture.

PSG team news: Georginio Wijnaldum — knee injury, Julian Draxler — muscle injury, Alexandre Letellier — muscle injury, Neymar — ankle injury, Ander Herrera — muscle injury.

Lens vs PSG (December 4) key players and lineups

Lens projected starting lineup:

  • Jean-Louis Leca
  • Facundo Medina
  • Kevin Danso
  • Jonathan Gradit
  • Przemyslaw Frankowski
  • Seko Fofana
  • Cheick Oumar Doucoure
  • Jonathan Clauss
  • Gael Kakuta
  • Florian Sotoca
  • Arnaud Kalimuendo-Muinga

Przemyslaw Frankowski has scored the greatest number of goals for Lens in the 2021-22 season. He scored four times and made four assists.

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnarumma
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Idrissa Gueye
  • Danilo Pereira
  • Eric Ebimbe
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Lionel Messi

Kylian Mbappe did not score in the last game but he has been the best forward in his team. Mbappe has scored seven goals and made seven assists this season.

Lens vs PSG (December 4) betting tips and prediction

PSG performed confidently in the last match, but they did not finish their moments and shots on target successfully. I believe they will score in this match though. Besides, they have conceded a goal or more in six of the last seven games. Lens have scored in five of the last six fixtures and in three of the last four H2H games against Paris Saint-Germain. Both teams are able to score in this match.

PSG are good to win this game. But we will be unlikely to see a total over 3.5 goals, because an opposite outcome has played out in the last two H2H fixtures.

Betting prediction: PSG to win

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.65 (-154 American; 13/20 Fractional)

Lens — PSG
Lost
PSG to win
1.70
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!