The Switzerland vs USA fixture in the 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships will take place on Wednesday, 26 May 2022, starting at 5:20 p.m. by GMT. The venue is Helsinki Ice Hall, Helsinki. The Switzerland vs USA (26 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Switzerland vs USA latest odds on betting sites
Switzerland are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+200 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. The USA come with the odds of 2.90 (+190; 19/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 33%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 17%.
The latest odds for Switzerland vs USA (26 May 2022) betting markets:
- Over 5.5 goals — 2.17 (+115; 23/20)
- Under 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Switzerland — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on USA — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)
Switzerland vs USA match preview and statistics
Switzerland finished Group A first with 20 points in seven games.
They won over Germany (4-3 SO) in the last match. Switzerland did not play perfectly in the first period. They made only nine shots on target and bagged a goal, whereas their rivals made 12 and finished two of them successfully. In the second minute, Andres Ambuhl opened the score, but Kai Wissman leveled it in 10 minutes. Stefan Loibl scored one more goal in the 16th minute.
In the second period, Patrick Fischer’s boys played better than in the first one. They made 11 shots on target and won 65% out of 20 face-offs. Switzerland completed 14 defensive actions and scored two goals. Pius Suter and Denis Malgin scored their goals in the 22nd and 39th minutes, respectively.
Switzerland dominated in the last period. They made 11 shots on target, whereas Germany made only four. Switzerland completed nine defensive actions and won 11 out of 19 face-offs, but they did not score a goal. In the 48th minute, Mattias Plachta was lucky to level the score. In spite of this, Germany did not score a bullet, whereas Switzerland finished two out of four bullets successfully.
Switzerland have scored three or more goals in all matches in the 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships. They are priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to score three goals this time.
Switzerland team news: Sam Girard — chest injury.
The USA were last in Group B. They received only 13 points in seven fixtures.
David Quinn’s men beat Norway (4-2) in the last game of the group stage. In the first period, they played much better than Norway. The USA made 14 shots on target and scored two goals. They completed nine saves and two blocks. In the fourth minute, Ryan Hartman scored the first goal. Matthew Boldy scored the second one in four minutes.
In the second period, the USA showed a confident performance again. They made 13 shots on target, completed 11 defensive actions and won nine face-offs. In the 23rd minute, Andreas Martinsen scored the first goal for Norway. In the 26th minute, Vinni Lettieri scored his goal, but it was canceled. Ben Meyers scored the third goal for the USA in the 29th minute.
The USA attacked well in the last period. They made 10 shots on target, whereas Norway made six. The USA and Norway scored one goal each. The USA won 14 out of 21 face-offs and completed nine defensive actions. Daniel Rokseth scored a goal for Norway in the 42nd minute. Sean Farrell scored the last goal in the last minute.
A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in eight of the last 10 matches with the USA participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this match.
USA team news: Jordan Binnington — upper body injury, Torey Krug — upper body injury.
Switzerland vs USA H2H
The USA won over Switzerland (3-1) in the quarter-final of the 2015 Ice Hockey World Championships. They made 24 shots on target and finished three of them successfully. They won 51% out of 53 face-offs and completed 21 saves.
Patrick Fischer’s men made 22 shots on target and won 26 remaining face-offs. They had only four minutes of penalty time in this match and were six minutes in powerplay.
Switzerland vs USA lineups and key players
Switzerland projected starting lineup:
- Reto Berra
- Dean Kukan
- Jonas Siegenthaler
- Damien Riat
- Denis Malgin
- Timo Meier
Denis Malgin was the best scorer in the group stage. He scored five goals and made seven assists in seven games.
The USA projected starting lineup:
- Jeremy Swayman
- Seth Jones
- Jaycob Megna
- Alex Galchenyuk
- Matthew Boldy
- Ryan Hartman
- Adam Gaudette
Adam Gaudette was the best attacker in his team in the group stage. He finished it with three goals and two assists.
Switzerland vs USA predictions and betting tips
Switzerland performed incredibly in the group stage of the 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships. They sensationally destroyed Canada with a 6-3 score and won all seven fixtures with only one overtime. The USA did not play as well as their current rival in their group. They were defeated by the Czech Republic and Finland. Also, they drew in 60 minutes in matches against Austria and Sweden. They don`t look strong now.
Switzerland have scored three or more goals in all matches in this tournament. Also, the USA have conceded approximately three goals per game in the last eight H2H fixtures against Switzerland. This outcome looks safe. Also, Patrick Fischer’s men are able not to lose in 60 minutes.
A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in three of the last five H2H games and in eight of the last 10 matches with the USA participating. We may see the same total again.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals by Switzerland
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Switzerland not to lose & under 5.5 goals
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)