Ice Hockey World Championships 2022: Sweden vs Canada prediction and betting tips (May 26)
Sweden and Canada have won two of the last four H2H matches each. Who will win this one to qualify for the next stage?
Pierre-Luc Dubois (Canada) has been the best striker of the 2022 World Championships
Pierre-Luc Dubois (Canada) has been the best striker of the 2022 World Championships

The Sweden vs Canada fixture in the 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships will take place on Wednesday, 26 May 2022, starting at 1:20 p.m. by GMT. The venue is Tampere Ice Stadium, Tampere. The Sweden vs Canada (26 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Sweden vs Canada latest odds on betting sites

Switzerland are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. Canada come with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 38%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Sweden vs Canada (26 May 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 4.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 4.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Sweden — 3.40 (+240; 12/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Canada — 1.30 (-333; 3/10)

Sweden vs Canada match preview and statistics

Sweden received 18 points in seven matches of the group stage to finish Group B second.

Sweden pulled Latvia (1-0) down in the last game. They played much better than their rivals in the first period. Sweden made 14 shots on target, but were not lucky to score a goal. Latvia made nine shots on target. Sweden completed 11 defensive actions, but won only seven out of 17 face-offs.

In the second period, Sweden showed a flawless performance again. They made 12 shots on target and finished one of them successfully. Johan Garpenlov’s men saved all Latvia’s shots on target and completed one block and three interceptions. In the 35th minute, William Nylander scored a single goal in the match in powerplay.

In the last period, both teams played approximately equal. Three Crowns made nine shots on target, whereas Latvia made eight shots, but both teams did not score a goal. Sweden completed 14 defensive actions and won 41% out of 17 face-offs.

A total of under 4.5 goals has played out in three of the last four matches with Sweden participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) in this game.

Sweden team news: Oliver Ekman-Larsson — ankle injury.

Canada finished Group A third with 15 points in seven fixtures.

Canada destroyed France (7-1) in the last match. They started the match incredibly. Canada made 17 shots on target and won 16 out of 26 face-offs in the first period. They completed nine defensive actions and bagged two goals. Dylan Cozens and Max Comtois scored their goals in the 13th and 18th minutes, respectively.

In the second period, Claude Julien’s boys played much better than their rivals. They made 15 shots, whereas France made only eight shots on target. Canada scored two goals and did not concede a single one. Pierre-Luc Dubois scored his goal in the 23rd minute. Eric O'Dell scored the fourth goal for his team in the 36th minute.

In the last period, Canada dominated again. They made 12 shots and finished three of them successfully. Canada completed only seven defensive actions and won 62% out of 21 face-offs. France made six shots on target and finally scored their goal. Zach Whitecloud, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Damon Severson scored their goals for Canada. Anthony Rech scored a goal for his team.

Canada have scored three or more goals in seven of the last eight matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to score three goals this time.

Sweden vs Canada H2H

Sweden won over Canada (2-0) in the 2022 Olympics ice hockey tournament. They made 26 shots on target and completed 22 saves. Three Crowns won 56 out of 30 interceptions. Lucas Wallmark and Anton Lander scored their goals that time.

Canada made only 22 shots on target and completed 39 defensive actions. They won 26 remaining interceptions and were not lucky to score a goal.

Sweden vs Canada lineups and key players

Sweden projected starting lineup:

  • Magnus Hellberg
  • Adam Larsson
  • Rasmus Dahlin
  • William Nylander
  • Linus Ullmark
  • Joakim Nordstrom

William Nylander is the strongest forward on the current roster. He has played only two matches in this tournament and has received four points with two goals and two assists.

Canada projected starting lineup:

  • Chris Driedger
  • Ryan Graves
  • Thomas Chabot
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois
  • Josh Anderson
  • Dylan Cozens

Pierre-Luc Dubois is the third best forward and the best striker in this tournament. He has scored six goals and has made four assists in the Ice Hockey World Championships.

Sweden vs Canada predictions and betting tips

Canada was the most aggressive team in the group stage. They scored 34 goals which is the greatest number among both groups, but were unlucky to finish their group third. They have strong forwards. There are four Canadian players among the top 10 forwards of the Ice Hockey World Championships. Also, they have scored three or more goals in seven of the last eight matches. This outcome looks safe.

Sweden has such a strong roster too. After entering William Nylander they look invincible. He scored two goals and made two assists in two games. Also, Nylander shone in the 2021-22 NHL. Three Crowns played incredibly in the group stage and were defeated only by the USA (2-3 OT). I believe they will not lose in 60 minutes.

A total of over 5.5 goals has played out in seven of the last eight matches with Canada participating. We may see the same total in this match.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals by Canada

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Sweden not to lose & over 5.5 goals

Odds: 3.60 (+260 American; 13/5 Fractions)

Ice Hockey . IIHF World Championship. Quarter-final
Sweden — Canada
Not settled
Over 2.5 goals by Canada
1.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!