Ice Hockey World Championships 2022 Final: Finland vs Canada prediction and betting tips (May 29)
Finland have won eight of the last nine games and five of the last six H2H matches against Canada. Will they win the tournament?
Finland have not lost a match in 60-minutes in the 2022 World Championships
Finland have not lost a match in 60-minutes in the 2022 World Championships

The Finland vs Canada fixture in the final of the 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships will take place on Saturday, 29 May 2022, starting at 5:20 p.m. by GMT. The venue is Tampere Ice Stadium, Tampere.

Latest odds on betting sites

Finland are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. Canada come with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10), which equals an approximate probability of 23%.

The latest odds for Finland vs Canada (29 May 2022):

  • Over 4.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 4.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on the Canada — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on the Finland — 3.50 (+250; 5/2)

Match preview and statistics

Finland destroyed the USA (4-3) to qualify for the final stage.

Finland did start the first period well, but they scored the goal at the end of it. They made seven shots on target and completed 15 defensive actions. The score was opened by Nate Schmidt in the second minute. In the 17th minute, Miro Heiskanen scored the first goal for Finland.

In the second period, Finland showed a strong play. They made 10 shots on target and saved five out of six shots on target by the USA. Sakari Manninen and Sami Vatanen scored their goals for Finland in the 25th and 30th minutes, respectively. Sean Farrell scored a single goal for the USA in this period.

Both teams were approximately equal in the last period. Finland made nine shots on target and won 15 face-offs, whereas the USA made 11 shots and won 11 face-offs. Joel Armia scored the fourth goal for his team in the 46th minute. In the 58th minute, Adam Gaudette scored the last goal.

Finland have scored three or more goals in six of the last seven matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to score three goals in this final.

In the most recent match, Canada beat the Czech Republic (6-1).

The teams showed absolutely equal play in the first period. Canada made 11 shots on target and won 13 face-offs, whereas the Czechs made 10 shots on target. They scored a goal each. In the eighth minute, David Krejci converted the powerplay to open the score, but Dylan Cozens leveled it in the 20th minute.

Canada showed their best play in the second period. They made 16 shots on target and bagged three goals. Also, they won 14 out of 22 face-offs. Adam Lowry, Kent Johnson and Mathew Barzal scored three goals for Canada with two in powerplay in this period.

Team Canada were good in the last period too. They made eight shots on target and finished two of them successfully. Claude Julien’s men completed 12 defensive actions and won 67% out of 15 face-offs. Cole Sillinger and Dylan Cozens scored their goals for Canada in the 44th and 53rd minutes, respectively. David Pastnak did not score a bullet.

A total of under 4.5 goals has played out in four of the last five H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this game.

Canada team news: Logan Thompson — muscle injury.

Finland vs Canada H2H

Canada won over Finland (3-2 OT) in the final of the 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships. They made 26 shots on target and completed 29 saves. They won only 24 face-offs.

Finland made 31 shots on target and scored two goals. They had seven powerplay opportunities, but did not convert a single one. They won 57% out of 56 face-offs.

Lineups and key players

Finland projected starting lineup:

  • Juho Olkinuora
  • Mikko Lehtonen
  • Juuso Hietanen
  • Teemu Hartikainen
  • Sakari Manninen
  • Mikael Granlund

Sakari Manninen has scored his goals in all matches in the play-offs and received seven points in seven games of the group stage.

Canada projected starting lineup:

  • Chris Driedger
  • Ryan Graves
  • Thomas Chabot
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois
  • Josh Anderson
  • Dylan Cozens

Dylan Cozens showed incredible play in the last game. He scored two goals and made an assist to finish the match with a +3 impact index.

Prediction and betting tips

Finland have not lost a match in 60-minutes in the 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships. They were defeated only by Sweden (2-3 SO) in the group stage. Also, the Lions have won four out of eight rivals to nil. In the last match against the USA, Finland showed a confident performance in spite of the close score.

In the final of the 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships, they did not show their best play, but their roster was much weaker than current. I believe that Finland are able to win this tournament.

We have seen a total of over 4.5 goals in the last 11 matches with Canada participating and in all matches in play-offs with Finland participating. This outcome may play out in this match too.

Betting prediction: Finland to win (incl. OT)

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 4.5 goals

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractions)

Ice Hockey. IIHF World Championship. Final
Finland — Canada
Won
Over 4.5 goals
1.95
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!