Ice Hockey World Championships 2022: Czech Republic vs USA prediction and betting tips (May 29)
The USA and the Czech Republic have won three of the last six H2H matches each. Who will win the match to finish this tournament third?
The USA lost the semi-final fixture against Finland (3-4)
The USA lost the semi-final fixture against Finland (3-4)

The Czech Republic vs USA fixture in the 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships will take place on Saturday, 29 May 2022, starting at 12:20 p.m. by GMT. The venue is Tampere Ice Stadium, Tampere. The Czech Republic vs USA (29 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Czech Republic vs USA latest odds on betting sites

The Czech Republic are priced with the odds of 2.35 (+135 American; 27/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 42%. The USA come with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 36%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.40 (+340; 17/5), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for the Czech Republic vs the USA (29 May 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on the USA — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on the Czech Republic — 3.40 (+240; 12/5)

Czech Republic vs USA match preview and statistics

The Czech Republic were defeated by Canada (1-6) in the last fixture.

In the first period, both teams played equally. Canada and the Czech Republic made 11 and 10 shots on target, respectively. Kari Jalonen’s men completed 13 defensive actions and won 10 out of 23 face-offs. In the eighth minute, David Krejci opened the score in the powerplay. Dylan Cozens leveled the score in the last minute of the period.

In the second period, Canada played much better than the Czechs. Team Canada made 16 shots on target, whereas their rivals made eight and did not convert them all. Adam Lowry and Kent Johnson scored their goals for Canada in the 28th and 29th minutes, respectively. In the 31st minute, Mathew Barzal converted the powerplay to score one more goal.

The teams attacked equally in the last period, but the Czech Republic failed in defence. They completed only seven defensive actions and conceded two goals. The teams made eight shots on target each. In the 44th minute, Cole Sillinger scored a goal. David Pastnak did not score a bullet in the 47th minute. Dylan Cozens scored the last goal in the 53rd minute.

The Czech Republic have scored six goals in the last four games. They are priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) to score two or less goals this time.

Czech Republic team news: Lukas Dostal — upper body injury.

The USA lost the semi-final fixture against Finland (3-4).

David Quinn’s men showed a confident performance in the first period. They made 11 shots on target, completed nine defensive actions and won 50% out of 18 face-offs. In the second minute, Nate Schmidt scored the first goal. Miro Heiskanen leveled the score in 15 minutes.

In the second period, the USA attacked a bit worse. They made six shots on target and scored one goal, whereas their rivals finished two out of 10 shots on target successfully. However, the USA won 14 out of 19 face-offs and completed 13 defensive actions. Sakari Manninen scored a goal in the 25th minute, but Sean Farrell leveled the score in two minutes. Sami Vatanen scored his goal in the 30th minute.

In the last period, Team USA played well, but it was not enough to come back. They made 11 shots on target, but finished only one of them successfully. The USA completed 11 defensive actions and won 42% out of 26 face-offs. In the 46th minute, Joel Armia scored the fourth goal for his team. Adam Gaudette scored the last goal in the 58th minute.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in seven of the last nine matches with the USA participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this match.

USA team news: Nick Blankenburg — muscle injury.

Czech Republic vs USA H2H

The Czech Republic won over the USA (1-0) in the group stage of this tournament. They made only 16 shots on target in three periods and completed 37 defensive actions. The Czech won 30 out of 56 face-offs. Matej Blumel scored a single goal in this match.

The USA made 24 shots on target, but did not score a goal. They won 26 remaining face-offs and completed six blocks and 15 saves.

Czech Republic vs USA lineups and key players

Czech Republic projected starting lineup:

  • Karel Vejmelka
  • Michal Kempny
  • Filip Hronek
  • Roman Cervenka
  • David Krejci
  • David Pastrnak

Roman Cervenka keeps being the best attacker in the 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships. He has scored four goals and has made 11 assists. In the last match, he was the first assistant of the single goal.

The USA projected starting lineup:

  • Jeremy Swayman
  • Seth Jones
  • Jaycob Megna
  • Matthew Boldy
  • Ben Meyers
  • Adam Gaudette

Adam Gaudette scored one out of three goals in the semi-final. He is the best scorer in his team with five goals and two assists.

Czech Republic vs USA predictions and betting tips

The USA showed a confident play in the semi-final. They were close to coming back against Finland, but were a bit weaker in this game. The Czech Republic did not show anything in the last match against Canada. Claude Julien’s men absolutely dominated on the ice and did not give their rivals a chance. In the last H2H game, both teams showed terrible performances.

In spite of the weak play in the last head-to-head fixture, the USA look a bit strong in this match. They were defeated only by Finland in this tournament, apart from the Czech Republic. Whereas Kari Jalonen’s men lost the matches against Finland, Swede and Austria.

Besides, we may see a total of under 5.5 goals. This outcome has played out in five of the last six H2H matches and in seven of the last nine matches with the USA participating.

Betting prediction: The USA to win

Odds: 2.75 (+175 American; 7/4 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Ice Hockey . IIHF World Championship. Third place
Czech Republic — USA
Not settled
Under 5.5 goals
1.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!