Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs prediction and betting tips (April 5)
The Florida Panthers have won 13 of the last 16 matches, but lost the last head-to-head game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jonathan Huberdeau is the third best attacker in the 2021-22 NHL season
Jonathan Huberdeau is the third best attacker in the 2021-22 NHL season

The Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 5 April 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is FLA Live Arena, Sunrise. The Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs (5 April 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs latest odds on betting sites

The Florida Panthers are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 51%. The Toronto Maple Leafs come with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 30%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.

The latest odds for Panthers vs Maple Leafs (5 April 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 6.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Panthers — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)

Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs match preview and statistics

The Florida Panthers have 48 victories, 15 losses in 60 minutes and six in overtime to lead in the Atlantic Division with 102 points.

The Florida Panthers won over the Buffalo Sabres (5-3) in the last game. The teams played equally in the first period. The Sabres made 10 shots on target, whereas the Panthers made nine shots. and won nine out of 17 face-offs. In the 18th minute, Kyle Okposo scored the first goal.

The Florida Panthers absolutely dominated in the second period. They made 22 shots on target and won 12 out of 22 face-offs. Jonathan Huberdeau leveled the score in the 27th minute. Anton Lundell and Anthony Duclair scored their goals in the 36th and 38th minute, respectively.

Duclair scored one more goal in the 41st minute. Jeff Skinner and Tage Thompson scored their goals in the 49th and 51st minutes. MacKenzie Weegar scored the last goal in powerplay in the 59th minute. Overall, the Panthers made nine shots and won six face-offs.

The Florida Panthers have scored 23 goals in the last four matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to score five goals in this game.

Florida Panthers team news: Noel Acciari — lower body injury, Markus Nutivaara — upper body injury, Aaron Ekblad — upper body injury.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are second in the Atlantic Division with 93 points. They won over 44 teams, lost 24 fixtures with four overtimes.

They pulled the Philadelphia Flyers (6-3) down in the most recent fixture. The Flyers played a bit better in the first period, but did not finish their moments successfully. They made 11 shots on target and won 10 face-offs.

In the second period, both teams performed equally. The Toronto Maple Leafs made 12 shots and won 61% out of 23 face-offs. Kevin Hayes opened the score in the 24th minute, but Wayne Simmonds leveled it in the 31st minute. Timothy Liljegren scored one more goal in the 32nd minute. Ivan Provorov leveled the score again in the 35th minute.

The Maple Leafs played a bit better in the last period. They made 10 shots on target. Auston Matthews and Pierre Engvall scored their goals in the 48th and 52nd minutes, respectively. In the 53rd minute, Ivan Provorov scored one more goal. In the 14th and 16th minutes, Morgan Rielly and John Tavares scored the last two goals.

We have seen a total of over 6.5 goals in the last four matches with the Maple Leafs participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this match.

Toronto Maple Leafs team news: Petr Mrazek — knee injury, Jake Muzzin — head injury, Rasmus Sandin — knee injury, Ondrej Kase — concussion.

Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs H2H

The Maple Leafs won over the Panthers (2-5) in the last head-to-head fixture. They made 25 shots on target and completed 61 defensive actions. Sheldon Keefe’s boys won 31 out of 66 face-offs.

The Florida Panthers made 36 shots on target and bagged two goals. They won 35 face-offs and completed 37 defensive actions.

Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs lineups and key players

Florida Panthers projected starting lineup:

  • Sergei Bobrovsky
  • Gustav Forsling
  • MacKenzie Weegar
  • Carter Verhaeghe
  • Aleksander Barkov
  • Jonathan Huberdeau

Jonathan Huberdeau is the third best attacker in the 2021-22 season. He has scored 24 goals and has made 73 assists.

Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:

  • Erik Kallgren
  • T. J. Brodie
  • Morgan Rielly
  • Mitch Marner
  • Auston Matthews
  • Michael Bunting

Auston Matthews keeps being the best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL. He has scored 51 goals. Also, Mattews has made 37 assists.

Florida Panthers vs Toronto Maple Leafs predictions and betting tips

In spite of the loss in the last head-to-head game, the Florida Panthers look much stronger than the Maple Leafs now. They have scored the greatest number of goals in the 2021-22 season. The Florida Panthers have won 13 of the last 16 matches and had good stats in the last match against the Maple Leafs. I believe that they are able to win this match.

A total of over 6.5 goals looks safe too. This outcome has played out in the last five head-to-head games and in the last four matches with the Maple Leafs participating. The Panthers and the Maple Leafs are the first and the second teams according to the goals per game ratio.

Betting prediction: Florida Panthers to win

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Florida Panthers — Toronto Maple Leafs
Not settled
Over 6.5 goals
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!