FIFA Club World Cup 2021: Al Ahly vs Monterrey prediction and betting tips (February 5)
Monterrey have a streak of eight matches without losses. They have won both H2H matches against Al Ahly. Will they qualify for the next stage?
Rogelio Funes Mori is the second-best goalscorer of Monterrey
Rogelio Funes Mori is the second-best goalscorer of Monterrey

The Al Ahly vs Monterrey fixture in the second round of the 2022 FIFA Club World Cup will take place on Saturday, 5 February 2021, starting at 04:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Al-Nahyan Stadium, Abu Dhabi. Al Ahly vs Monterrey (February 5) prediction and betting tips from Takebet can be found below.

Al Ahly vs Monterrey latest odds on betting sites

Al Ahly are priced with the odds of 7.00 (+600 American; 6/1 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 13%. Monterrey come with the odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) to take Al Ahly down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 64%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5) which equals an approximate probability of 23%.

The latest odds for Al Ahly vs Monterrey (February 5) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Al Ahly— 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Monterrey — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Vincent Janssen to score anytime — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Rodolfo Pizarro to score anytime — 2.70 (+170; 17/10)

Al Ahly vs Monterrey match preview and statistics

Al Ahly met National Bank of Egypt (1-1) in the most recent fixture of the 2021-22 Egyptian League Cup.

In the first half, the Red Giant played a bit better. They controlled the ball 56% of the time and attacked 31 times, whereas their rivals made 23 attacks. Al Ahly made seven shots with three on target but did not score a goal, whereas National Bank of Egypt made six shots with one on target and did not finish it successfully too.

Pitso Mosimane’s boys made five shots with three on target in the second half. They controlled the ball 48% of the time and attacked 27 times. The National Bank of Egypt made six shots with three on target. Both teams scored goals in the half. In the 51st minute, Walid Soliman scored the first goal. In the 84th minute, Mohamed Helal leveled the score.

Both teams have scored in seven of the last nine matches with Al Ahly participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) this time.

Monterrey drew in the match against Cruz Azul (2-2).

They dominated in the first half. The White-and-Blues controlled the ball 63% of the time and attacked 32 times. They made eight shots with one on target and did not finish it successfully. Cruz Azul made five shots with three on target and scored one goal. In the 32nd minute, Uriel Antuna scored the first goal with Carlos Rodriguez participating.

In the second half, Monterrey played much better too. They made 11 shots with five on target. Also, Javier Aguirre’s men controlled the ball 67% of the time and created 21 chances in the penalty area. In the 54th minute, Bryan Angulo scored the second goal for the Cruz Azul. Funes Mori and Cerar Montes scored their goals in the 93rd and 97th minutes, respectively.

We have seen a total of under 2.5 goals in nine of the last 12 fixtures with Monterrey participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) this time.

Al Ahly vs Monterrey H2H

Al Ahly lost to Monterrey 1-5 in the last head-to-head match, which happened in 2013 at the FIFA Club World Cup. The Egyptian side controlled the ball 43% of the time and attacked 43 times. They made 12 shots with seven on target. Also, the Red Giant completed 26 defensive actions.

Monterrey controlled the ball 57% of the time. They attacked 72 times. The White-and-Blues made 13 shots with nine on target. Javier Aguirre’s boys completed 21 defensive actions.

Al Ahly vs Monterrey lineups and key players

Al Ahly projected starting lineup:

  • Mohamed El Shenawy
  • Mahmoud Metwalli
  • Ramy Rabia
  • Yasser Ibrahim
  • Mahmoud Wahid
  • Hamdy Fathy
  • Mohamed Mahmoud
  • Hussein El Shahat
  • Hossam Hassan
  • Mohamed Sherif
  • Percy Tau

Percy Tau is the second best forward in the 2021-22 Egypt Premier League. He has scored five goals this season.

Monterrey projected starting lineup:

  • Esteban Andrada
  • Cesar Montes
  • Edson Gutierrez
  • Erick Aguirre
  • Hector Moreno
  • Luis Romo
  • Matias Kranevitter
  • Maximiliano Meza
  • Rogelio Funes Mori
  • Alfonso Alvarado
  • Vincent Janssen

Rogelio Funes Mori is the second best forward in his team. He has scored two goals in three fixtures of 2021-22 Liga MX.

Al Ahly vs Monterrey predictions and betting tips

Monterrey are much stronger than Al Ahly. They won both previous head-to-head fixtures against the Red Giant confidently. The Mexican side has a streak of nine fixtures without losses. On the contrary, Al Ahly have not won in the last six fixtures, but had a streak of eight wins in a row before that.

However, Pitso Mosimane’s men are stronger now than in previous H2H matches against Monterrey and will be able to score in this fixture. That is the reason why both teams are sure to score in the match. Also, this outcome has played out in seven of the last nine matches with Al Ahly participating.

I believe that Monterrey will win this match, and we will see a total of over 2.5 goals along the way.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score (Yes)

Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Monterrey to win & over 2.5 goals

Odds: 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional)

Al Ahly — Monterrey
Lost
Both teams to score (Yes)
2.05
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!