The Valencia vs Anadolu Efes fixture in Round 18 of the 2022-23 EuroLeague will take place on Wednesday, January 11, 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Font de Sant Lluis, Valencia.
Latest odds on betting sites
Valencia come with odds of 2.80 (+180 American; 9/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 35%. Anadolu Efes has an odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to win this match. Therefore, the chances of their victory are around 54%. The draw comes with odds of 9.00 (+800; 8/1), which equals an approximate probability of 11%.
The latest odds for Valencia vs Anadolu Efes (January 11):
- Over 163.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 163.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) points on Valencia — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) points on Anadolu Efes — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- HT/FT – 1/1 — 3.40 (+240; 12/5)
- HT/FT – 2/2 — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Valencia’s performance in the recent matches of the 2022-23 EuroLeague was unstable. They beat Barcelona (84-83) in Round 15 but then were defeated by Olimpia Milano (79-90) and Crvena Zvezda (75-77). Overall they have won seven out of 17 matches in the 2022-23 EuroLeague, which made them 13th in the table. In the 2022-23 ACB League, they are 10th with seven victories in 15 matches, which is a terrible result for this team.
Despite being 13th in the league, Valencia is the ninth-best according to scored points. They have scored approximately 80.9 points per game, which is 5.7 points fewer than Olympiacos leading this table.
In the most recent match against Basconia (79-85), Valencia attacked strongly. They made 65 shots, but their accuracy was equal to 41.5% only. Also, Valencia were much stronger under the basket with 44 rebounds. However, Basconia’s realization of three-point shots made them finish this match in their favor.
Valencia have lost the first half in three of the last four matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this fixture.
Anadolu Efes have one of the best defense in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. They have won the second-greatest number of defensive rebounds, which is equal to 428, and have the third-greatest block-per-game ratio, which is equal to 3.6. Also, Anadolu Efes have the fourth-best performance index (96.2).
They are the seventh in the league with nine victories in 17 fixtures. However, their recent result are not good. Anadolu Efes have lost three of the last five matches in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. They were defeated by Baskonia, Partizan, and Maccabi Tel Aviv.
In the most recent match, Anadolu Efes were defeated by Turk Telekom (70-85). This match was absolutely carried by Axel Bouteille who scored 30 points and completed eight rebounds. Anadolu Efes’ defense just were not able to step the rivals’ key player, which made them lose.
A total of under 163.5 points has played out in eight of the last nine matches with Anadolu Efes participating. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20).
Valencia vs Anadolu Efes H2H
Valencia have won two of the last three head-to-head games against Anadolu Efes, but these victories were by one and two points, whereas Anadolu Efes a single match by 16 points.
Lineups and key players
Valencia projected lineup:
- Point guard: Chris Jones
- Shooting guard: Klemen Prepelic
- Small forward: Victor Claver
- Power forward: Jasiel Rivero
- Center: Bojan Dubljevic
Chris Jones is the 13th-best scorer in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. He has scored 14.5 points per game on average and has a 17.8 performance index, which is the seventh-best.
Anadolu Efes projected starting lineup:
- Point guard: Shane Larkin
- Shooting guard: Vasilije Micic
- Small forward: Will Clyburn
- Power forward: Amath M'Baye
- Center: Ante Zizic
Will Clyburn is the second-best scorer in the 2022-23 EuroLeague with 19.1 points per game on average. Also, he has scored approximately 2.6 three-pointers per game, which is the third-best result.
Prediction and betting tips
Both teams are not in their best forms. They started the 2022-23 season much better, but their recent results are terrible. Valencia were defeated by Crvena Zvezda and Olimpia Milano, whereas Anadolu Efes lost the matches against Partizan and Maccabi Tel Aviv. In H2H games, they were approximately equal.
Anadolu Efes have a stronger roster. There are two Anadolu Efes players among the top-5 point scorers of the 2022-23 EuroLeague. Also, they have one of the best in the league defensive stats and they are much higher in the table than Valencia. I believe that they will win this match and the first half of it.
Betting prediction: HT/FT – 2/2
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)
Share your thoughts!