EuroLeague 2022-23: Barcelona vs Olympiacos basketball prediction and betting tips (October 7)
Olympiacos have a streak of 14 victories, whereas Barcelona have lost five of the last nine matches with four in regular time. Who will be stronger in this fixture?
Sasha Vezenkov has scored at least 24 points in nine of the last 11 matches with him participating
Sasha Vezenkov has scored at least 24 points in nine of the last 11 matches with him participating

The Barcelona vs Olympiacos fixture in Round 1 of the 2022-23 EuroLeague will take place on Friday, 7 October 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Palau Blaugrana, Barcelona.

Latest odds on betting sites

Barcelona are priced with the odds of 1.45 (-222 American; 9/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Olympiacos come with the odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) to win this match. The chances of their victory are around 29%. The draw is priced with the odds of 15.00 (+1400; 14/1), which equals an approximate probability of 6%.

The latest odds for Barcelona vs Olympiacos (October 7):

  • Over 156.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 156.5 points — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+6.5) points on Olympiacos — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-6.5) points on Barcelona — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Double chance – 1X — 1.33 (-300; 1/3)
  • Double chance – X2 — 2.70 (+170; 17/10)

Match preview and statistics

Barcelona won over Baskonia (89-74) in Round 2 of the 2022-23 Liga Endesa.

The teams were approximately equal in their attacks. Barcelona made 61 shots and finished 27 of them successfully, whereas Baskonia converted 28 out of 63 shots. However, Barcelona attacked much better than their rivals with 15 offensive rebounds, whereas Baskonia won only nine out of 33 rebounds in the attack. Besides, Barcelona made 19 assists, completed three block shots and nine interceptions in this match.

Jan Vesely was the best scorer in this match with 15 points. Also, he completed five rebounds and finished the match with a +15 impact. Alex Abrines received 13 points for Barcelona with nine scoring three-point shots. He completed six rebounds and made an assist.

Asian handicap (-6.5) points on Barcelona has played out in four of the last six matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) this time.

Olympiacos destroyed Panathinaikos (67-52) in the most recent game.

Olympiacos attacked a bit better than their rivals. They made 60 shots and converted 23 of them, whereas Panathinaikos finished the match with 52 shots and only 33% accuracy. Olympiacos completed 30 rebounds in defence and nine in attack, whereas their rivals completed four and 24 offensive and defensive rebounds, respectively. Georgios Bartzokas’ men completed seven interceptions, but lost the ball 13 times in the match.

Sasha Vezenkov, Moustapha Fall and Giannoulis Larentzakis were the first, third and fourth best scorers in this match. Vezenkov and Fall received 12 points each, whereas Larentzakis finished the games with 11 points and two rebounds.

Olympiacos have scored 87 points per match on average in the last seven matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) to score at least 77 points against Barcelona.

Barcelona vs Olympiacos H2H

The teams played equally in H2H matches. Barcelona have won two of the last five matches, whereas Olympiacos have two victories too. The remaining one was finished after the overtime.

Barcelona won the last match with an 84-74 score. They finished the match with 61 shots and 57.5% accuracy, whereas Olympiacos converted only 24 out of 51 shots. Sasha Vezenkov was the best scorer, whereas Nikola Mirotic and Sertac Sanli were the second and the third best scorers, respectively.

Lineups and key players

Barcelona projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Tomas Satoransky
  • Shooting guard: Nicolas LaprovĂ­ttola
  • Small forward: Alex Abrines
  • Power forward: Nikola Kalinic
  • Center: Sertac Sanli

Sertac Sanli was the second best scorer for Barcelona in the last H2H match against Olympiacos with 16 points, three rebounds and one assist. Also, he has scored 62 points in the last four matches.

Olympiacos projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Thomas Walkup
  • Shooting guard: Isaiah Canaan
  • Small forward: Kostas Papanikolaou
  • Power forward: Sasha Vezenkov
  • Center: Moustapha Fall

Sasha Vezenkov is an absolute beast. He has scored at least 24 points in nine of the last 11 matches with him participating. Also, he was the MVP of the last match against Barcelona. Vezenkov received 20 points and completed 11 rebounds in that fixture.

Prediction and betting tips

Barcelona did not start the 2022-23 season perfectly. They were defeated by Gran Canaria in Round 1 of the 2022-23 ACB. Also, they were defeated by Real Madrid in the ACB Supercopa. Olympiacos have a streak of 14 victories without overtimes. Their last loss was against Barcelona in the 3-rd place match of the 2021-22 EuroLeague.

In H2H matches, the teams are equal. Each team has two victories, two losses and one draw in the last five H2H matches. Sasha Vezenkov is in unbelievable form. He has scored at least 24 points in nine of the last 11 matches with him participating. Also, he received 20 points for his team in the last match against Barcelona and will help his team this time for sure.

I believe that asian handicap (+6.5) points on Olympiacos looks safe, because Barcelona had a difficult start this season and is unlikely to beat Olympiacos by more than six points.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+6.5) points on Olympiacos

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Basketball. Group stage. Round 3
Barcelona — Olympiacos
Won
Asian handicap (+6.5) points on Olympiacos
1.90
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!