EuroBasket 2022: Germany vs Greece basketball prediction and betting tips (September 13)
Greece have won the last nine H2H fixtures against Germany and have a streak of seven victories. Will they extend both streaks?
Dennis Schroder was the best scorer in the last match with 22 points.
Dennis Schroder was the best scorer in the last match with 22 points.
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Germany vs Greece fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 EuroBasket will take place on Tuesday, 13 September 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin.

Latest odds on betting sites

Germany are priced with the odds of 2.80 (+180 American; 9/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 27%. Greece come with the odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) to win this match. The chances of their victory are around 73%.

The latest odds for Germany vs Greece (September 13):

  • Over 165.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 165.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+5.5) points on Germany — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-5.5) points on Greece — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Over 28.5 points Giannis Antetokounmpo — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Over 19.5 points by Dennis Schroder — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Match preview and statistics

Germany eliminated Montenegro (85-79) in the previous stage.

Germany made 60 shots, whereas their rivals made 67 attempts to score, but both teams finished 30 of them on target, each. Also, the teams completed 34 rebounds each. Germany completed 19 assists, two block shots and five interceptions, whereas Montenegro completed nine interceptions, two block shots and lost the ball 11 times.

The first two best scorers of the match were from Montenegro. Kendrick Perry and Bojan Dubljevic received 25 and 22 shots respectively for their team. Dennis Schroder, Franz Wagner and Maodo Lo were the first three best scorers for Germany. Schroder finished the match with 22 points, four rebounds, eight assists and one steal.

Germany have received at least 85 points in four of the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to score 85 or more points in the next match.

Greece smashed Greece (94-88) in the most recent fixture.

They did not start this match confidently. They did not win the first three quarters and received a four-point gap. They made 67 shots and finished 43.3% of them successfully to score 94 points. Greece completed three block shots and seven interceptions, whereas the Czech Republic made 32 assists and lost the ball 13 times. Greece made 37 rebounds with 14 in attack and 23 in defence.

Giannis Antetokounmpo played badly in the first half and was not among the first three best players. However, Antetokounmpo finished the match as the first best scorer with 27 points and second best assistant with five assists. Nick Calathes and Ioannis Papapetrou were the second and the third best scorers with 14 and 13 points, respectively.

A total of over 165.5 points has played out in five of the last six matches with Greece participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) this time.

Germany vs Greece H2H

Greece destroyed Germany (69-63) in the most recent H2H fixture. Dimitris Itoudis’s men lost only the first quarter with a one-point difference and won the last two quarters with 17-13 and 19-16 scores.

Greece have won the last nine H2H fixtures against Germany in regular time with at least an eight-point difference.

Lineups and key players

Germany projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Dennis Schroder
  • Shooting guard: Franz Wagner
  • Small forward: Niels Giffey
  • Power forward: Johannes Thiemann
  • Center: Johannes Voigtmann

Dennis Schroder was the best scorer in the last match with 22 points, four rebounds and eight assists. He has played five matches in this tournament and scored 95 points in these fixtures.

Greece projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Michalis Lountzis
  • Shooting guard: Giannoulis Larentzakis
  • Small forward: Kostas Papanikolaou
  • Power forward: Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Center: Georgios Papagiannis

Giannis Antetokounmpo keeps being one of the best players in Europe. He finished the last match with +30 efficiency and 27 points, whereas the second best scorer of the match had 21 points.

Prediction and betting tips

Greece extended their streak with one more victory in the last fixture. They have a streak of seven wins and nine victories in H2H fixtures. Greece have won 15 of the last 17 matches. They had a close match against Germany and finished it with a six-point difference.

Germany have lost only one fixture in this tournament. They were defeated by Slovenia (80-88) in the group stage. Germany beat a lot of strong rivals in the match. They beat Lithuania and France. Also, they won over Slovenia in the last match before the tournament.

Germany are strong now, but Greece are in much better form now. I believe that Asian handicap (-5.5) points on Greece look safe. The same outcome has played out in the last nine H2H matches.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-5.5) points on Greece

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Basketball. Quarter-final
Germany — Greece
Asian handicap (-5.5) points on Greece
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!