The Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Monday, 9 May 2022, starting at 9:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 1:30 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is American Airlines Center, Dallas. The Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames (9 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames latest odds on betting sites
The Dallas Stars are priced with the odds of 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 30%. The Calgary Flames come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 48%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.40 (+340; 17/5), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.
The latest odds for Stars vs Flames (9 May 2022) betting markets:
- Over 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Under 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Flames — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Stars — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames match preview and statistics
The Dallas Stars won over the Calgary Flames (4-2) in the third round.
In the first period, the Dallas Stars played well in spite of the fact that they received five penalties. They made 12 shots on target and won 12 out of 23 face-offs. The Stars completed 22 defensive actions. In the ninth minute, Radek Faksa opened the score with Esa Lindell and Miro Heiskanen’s support.
Rick Bowness’ boys made 13 shots on target and bagged one goal. They completed 20 defensive actions and won 45% out of 20 face-offs. Joe Pavelski scored the second goal for his team in the 32nd minute.
The Dallas Stars made seven shots on target and finished two of them successfully. They played passively and completed 20 defensive actions. The Stars won 11 face-offs. Vladislav Namestnikov and John Klingberg helped Joe Pavelski to score a goal in power play. In the last minute, Roope Hintz scored the last goal in the match.
Jake Oettinger was the second star of the match. He saved 39 out of 41 shots on target. Joe Pavelski and Miro Heiskanen were the first and third stars of this game, respectively.
We have seen a total of over 5.5 goals in five of the last seven head-to-head fixtures. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) in the fourth round.
Dallas Stars team news: Braden Holtby — upper body injury.
The Calgary Flames were defeated by the Dallas Stars (2-4) in the last game.
The Flames played confidently in the first period. They made 13 shots on target and scored one goal. Darryl Sutter’s boys completed 27 defensive actions and won 11 face-offs. Trevor Lewis leveled the score with Milan Lucic and Nikita Zadorov’s support.
In the second period, the Calgary Flames showed their strong attack. They made 16 shots on target, but bagged only one goal. The Flames won 11 out of 20 face-offs and completed 22 defensive actions. In the 24th minute, Elias Lindholm scored the last goal for his team in this match.
Darryl Sutter’s men failed in the last period. They attacked much better than the Stars, but did not score a goal. The Flames made 12 shots on target and won seven face-offs. They completed four blocks, five saves and two interceptions.
Jacob Markstrom finished this match with a 90.3% saves ratio. Elias Lindholm showed a strong performance. He made five shots on target and bagged one goal.
We have seen a total of under 34.5 shots on target by the Calgary Flames in four of the last five matches with them participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this fixture.
Calgary Flames team news: Sean Monahan — hip injury.
Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames H2H
The Calgary Flames have won two out of three H2H matches against the Stars in the regular season. They made 110 shots on target and bagged 11 goals. The Flames completed 105 defensive actions and won 84 face-offs.
The Dallas Stars finished nine out of 79 shots on target successfully. Rick Bowness’ men won 92 face-offs and completed 150 defensive actions.
Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames lineups and key players
Dallas Stars projected first lineup:
- Jake Oettinger
- Miro Heiskanen
- Ryan Suter
- Roope Hintz
- Jason Robertson
- Joe Pavelski
Joe Pavelski was the first star in the last game. He made four shots on target and bagged two goals. Pavelski finished the match with a +2 impact index.
Calgary Flames projected starting lineup:
- Jacob Markstrom
- Noah Hanifin
- Rasmus Andersson
- Trevor Lewis
- Elias Lindholm
- Johnny Gaudreau
Elias Lindholm finished one out of five shots successfully. He scored 42 goals and made 40 assists in the 2021-22 regular season.
Dallas Stars vs Calgary Flames predictions and betting tips
The Calgary Flames showed a strong performance in the most recent game in spite of the loss. They made 41 shots on target, but Jake Oettinger showed fantastic play and saved 95.1% of them. The Flames performed better than the Dallas Stars in the regular season. I believe that they are able to win the fourth round.
The Dallas Stars showed an incredible defence in the last game. They completed 62 defensive actions, whereas their goaltender was the second star of the match. Also, the Stars have completed 50 defensive actions per game on average in the regular season. I believe that they will not let the Flames score more than three goals.
Betting prediction: The Calgary Flames to win
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals by the Flames
Odds: 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractions)