The Dallas Stars vs Anaheim Ducks fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Thursday, December 1 2022, starting at 8:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:30 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is American Airlines Centre, Dallas.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Dallas Stars are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 62%. The Anaheim Ducks have an odds of 4.90 (+390; 39/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 20%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 5.10 (+410; 41/10), which equals an approximate probability of 18%.
The latest odds for Dallas Stars vs Anaheim Ducks (December 1 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Stars — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Ducks — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
Match preview and statistics
The Dallas Stars will play one more game without Jake Oettinger, who is injured now. However, Scott Wedgewood, who replaces Oettinger, played flawlessly in the most recent match, in which he finished with a 95.8% saving percentage. The Stars have no more injured players, and their offensive line, headed by Jason Robertson, is ready to smash any rivals.
The Dallas Stars are the second-best team according to scored goals team and the second-most successful team in shots realisation in the 2022-23 season. The Dallas Stars have lost three of the last four matches, with two against the current champions. The remaining loss was against the Winnipeg Jets by one goal in overtime.
In the last game against the Blues, the teams were approximately equal, but Scott Wedgewood showed flawless play by saving 23 out of 24 shots on target. The Blues were strong in defence with 21 blocks and 13 interceptions, but their goaltender conceded four goals.
The Stars have scored 60 goals in 14 matches in November. They are priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to score four goals against the Ducks.
The Anaheim Ducks’ main goalkeeper may skip the next game too. John Gibson played 18 out of 23 games for the Anaheim Ducks in the 2022-23 season and has an 89.4% saving ratio, which looks good for the Ducks’ team results. John Klingberg is unlikely to play the next game. He was a key defenseman in all won games for the Ducks in the 2022-23 season. Klingberg finished six won games with five points and a +3 impact index.
The Anaheim Ducks disappoint in the 2022-23 NHL. They have only six victories, with five in overtime in 23 matches, which looks terrible. Their single win in regular time was against the New York Rangers by one goal.
In the most recent fixture, they were defeated by the Nashville Predators (1-2 OT). John Gibson showed incredible play in this game. He saved 39 out of 41 shots on target. Troy Terry scored a single goal for the Ducks in this fixture.
A total of over 5.5 goals has played out in five of the last nine H2H matches. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.
Dallas Stars vs Anaheim Ducks H2H
The Dallas Stars have won the last five matches against the Ducks, with only one in overtime. The Stars beat their rivals in the last match with a 4-2 score. Radek Fakza was the first star of the match with two assists, two shots on target and a +1 impact index.
Lineups and key players
Dallas Stars projected starting lineup:
- Scott Wedgewood
- Colin Miller
- Miro Heiskanen
- Joe Pavelski
- Roope Hintz
- Jason Robertson
Jason Robertson is the best goalscorer in the 2022-23 NHL. He has 19 goals, whereas Connor McDavid, the second-best, scored 17 goals. Robertson has scored seven goals in the last five matches. How many goals will he score this time?
Anaheim Ducks projected starting lineup:
- Anthony Stolarz
- Cam Fowler
- Dmitry Kulikov
- Troy Terry
- Trevor Zegras
- Adam Henrique
Troy Terry is the best scorer for his team, with 10 goals and 14 assists. Troy Terry has made 77 shots on target in the 2022-23 season, but his impact index is equal to -3.
Prediction and betting tips
The Dallas Stars are on another level. They show an unstoppable attack in the 2022-23 NHL. There are three the Stars’ players among top-40 forwards in the 2022-23 season, whereas Jason Robertson is the second-best attacker and the best goalscorer. The Dallas Stars showed their rivals no mercy this season and are best in the Central Division, the second most scoring team.
The Anaheim Ducks did not show something special. They have lost nine of the last 11 matches and have only six victories in the current season, with five in overtime. Also, they have lost the last five H2H matches against the Dallas Stars and are likely to play without their best goalie. I believe that the Asian handicap (-1.5) on Stars will play out in this game.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) on Stars
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractions)