Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes prediction and betting tips (April 16)
The Colorado Avalanche have a streak of eight victories in a row and have won four of the last five head-to-head games against the Hurricanes.
Mikko Rantanen is the best scorer in the Colorado Avalanche
Mikko Rantanen is the best scorer in the Colorado Avalanche

The Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Saturday, 16 April 2022, starting at 9:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 1:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Avalanche. The Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes (16 April 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes latest odds on betting sites

The Colorado Avalanche are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 42%. The Carolina Hurricanes come with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.

The latest odds for Avalanche vs Hurricanes (16 April 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Hurricanes — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)

Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes match preview and statistics

The Colorado Avalanche are best in the Western Division with 114 points in 74 games. They have 54 victories and 20 losses, with six overtimes.

They beat the New Jersey Devils (3-1) in the most recent match. In the first period, both teams played approximately equal. The Colorado Avalanche made 12 shots on target and completed 18 defensive actions. They won 13 face-offs, whereas the Devils won 14 face-offs.

In the second period, the Colorado Avalanche played flawlessly. They made 14 shots on target, whereas their rivals made only four shots. They won 81% of face-offs and bagged two goals. Logan O'Connor opened the score in the 24th minute. Andre Burakovsky and Artturi Lehkonen scored their goals in the 28th and 34th minutes, respectively.

The New Jersey Devils played better than their rivals in the last period. They made 10 shots on target and completed 11 defensive actions, whereas the Avalanche made only four shots. In the 52nd minute, Jesper Bratt scored a goal with Pavel Zacha and Nico Hischier’s support.

The Colorado Avalanche have scored 23 goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to score four or more goals.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Nazem Kadri — lower body injury, Gabriel Landeskog — knee injury, Ryan Murray — hand injury.

The Carolina Hurricanes lead in the Metropolitan Division. They won 48 matches and drew eight times to receive 104 points.

The Carolina Hurricanes were destroyed by the Detroit Red Wings (0-3) in the last game. They attacked much better than their rivals in the first period. They made 11 shots on target and won eight out of 17 face-offs. However, they were not able to score a goal in this period.

In the second period, the Carolina Hurricanes attacked perfectly too. They made 18 shots on target but did not score a goal. The Detroit Red Wings made 10 shots and finished one of them successfully. In the 40th minute, Dylan Larkin and Tyler Bertuzzi helped Moritz Seider to open the score.

The last period was similar to the second one. The Hurricanes made 17 shots on target and won 67% out of 18 face-offs. The Detroit Red Wings made eight shots and bagged two goals. Adam Erne and Filip Zadina scored their goals in the 44th and 54th minutes, respectively.

Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes H2H

The Hurricanes won over the Colorado Avalanche (2-0) in the last head-to-head game. They made 37 shots on target and finished two of them successfully. The Carolina Hurricanes completed 60 defensive actions and won 26 face-offs.

The Colorado Avalanche made 36 shots on target and won 55% out of 58 face-offs. They completed 57 defensive actions in this game.

Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes lineups and key players

Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:

  • Darcy Kuemper
  • Devon Toews
  • Cale Makar
  • Andre Burakovsky
  • Mikko Rantanen
  • Nathan MacKinnon

Mikko Rantanen is the best scorer in his team. He scored 35 goals and made 43 assists in 71 matches of the 2021-22 NHL.

Carolina Hurricanes projected starting lineup:

  • Antti Raanta
  • Jaccob Slavin
  • Ethan Bear
  • Sebastian Aho
  • Teuvo Teravainen
  • Andrei Svechnikov

Sebastian Aho scored one out of two goals in the most recent head-to-head fixture against the Avalanche. Also, he has scored 34 goals and has made 41 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Colorado Avalanche vs Carolina Hurricanes predictions and betting tips

The Colorado Avalanche are the best team in the 2021-22 NHL now. They have won the last eight matches. The Avalanche looks much stronger than the Hurricanes. The Colorado Avalanche have won four of the last five matches and have. Also, they scored the third greatest number of goals in the 2021-22 NHL. However, Nazem Kadri is injured now. He is the best assistant and the second best attacker in his team. In spite of this, I believe that they will win this match.

A total of under 5.5 goals looks safe. This total has played out in the last six head-to-head games. Also, the Carolina Hurricanes are the best team due to the goals against per game ratio.

Betting prediction: The Colorado Avalanche to win

Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractions)

Colorado Avalanche — Carolina Hurricanes
Not settled
Under 5.5 goals
2.30
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!