The Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Tuesday, November 29 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is TD Garden, Boston.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Boston Bruins are priced with the odds of 2.45 (+145 American; 29/20 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Tampa Bay Lightning have an odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1), which equals an approximate probability of 25%.
The latest odds for Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning (November 29 2022):
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Bruins — 3.10 (+210; 21/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
Match preview and statistics
The Boston Bruins risk being left without their leading goalkeeper. Linus Ullmark has a lower-body injury and will likely skip the next fixture. However, he is the best goaltender of the 2022-23 NHL. Linus Ullmark has conceded two goals per game on average, whereas his saving ratio is equal to 93.5%. Jeremy Swayman, who replaces the Swedish keeper, has only an 89% saving ratio this season.
The Bruins set a record by winning 12 home matches in a row at the start of the season. Their current result is equal to the Panthers’ in the 2021-22 season, and they can break the record in the next game against the Lightning.
In the most recent game against the Hurricanes, the Boston Bruins came back after losing by two goals. David Krejci scored two goals to level the score, whereas David Pastrnak bagged a winning goal by converting a power play opportunity in the fourth minute of the overtime.
The Boston Bruins have not conceded more than two goals in 10 of the last 11 matches. So the exact result comes with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in this game.
We will not see Anthony Cirelli, Cole Koepke and Nick Perbix in the Tampa Bay Lightning’s roster this time. However, Tampa is lucky to have all significant players in good shape. Nikita Kucherov has scored ten goals and has made 21 assists in 20 games. However, his +/- index is equal to +1. Alex Killorn and Steven Stamkos are in good condition, with 17 and 23 points, respectively. However, Andrei Vasilevskiy is far from his prime. He is only the 28th-best goalie in the 2022-23 NHL, with a 90.5% saving percentage.
The Tampa Bay Lightning did not show their best play at the start of the season, but their current form looks well. They received eight points in the last five games losing only the H2H match against the Bruins. Bad luck for Tampa; they will play a game against the Buffalo Sabres before the fixture against the Bruins and only have 24 hours to recover.
The Lightning have won seven of the last eight matches against the Boston Bruins played in the TD Garden. Their victory, including overtime, is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20).
Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H
The Boston Bruins defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning (5-3) in the most recent H2H fixture. Nicholas Paul was the second star of the match for scoring two goals for the Lightning. Andrei VAsilevskiy had one of his worst games, with only an 82.4% saving percentage. David Krejci was the third star, with one goal and one assist.
Lineups and key players
Boston Bruins projected starting lineup:
- Jeremy Swayman
- Mike Reilly
- Derek Forbort
- David Pastrnak
- David Krejci
- Patrice Bergeron
David Krejci was the second star in the last game against the Hurricanes with two goals. Also, he scored a goal and made an assist in the last H2H match against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Mikhail Sergachev
- Haydn Fleury
- Brayden Point
- Nikita Kucherov
- Steven Stamkos
Nikita Kucherov keeps being the best scorer for his team. Kucherov scored seven goals and made 12 assists in 11 matches in November.
Prediction and betting tips
The Boston Bruins are the most-scoring and the second least-conceding team in the 2022-23 season. Thankfully Linus Ullmark, the Bruins have conceded 2.24 goals per match on average which are just 0.06 greater than the Devils’ result, which is the best. However, Ullmark will likely skip this match, or he will play it, being injured, which will reduce his efficiency.
The Bruins’ top keeper is injured, whereas Andrei Vasilevskiy has not shown something special in the 2022-23 season. His saving ratio is equal to 90.5%. Also, he conceded 17.6% of shots on target in the last match against the Bruins. Therefore, we may see a total of over 6.5 goals because the keepers will not show their best play in this match, whereas the attacking lines are in good shape and will play their best way.
Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals
Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractions)