Australian Open 2022: Van De Zandschulp vs Medvedev prediction and betting tips (January 22)
Daniil Medvedev won the only head-to-head match they had with Botic van de Zandschulp, which took place in the most recent Grand Slam tournament, the 2021 US Open. Will the Russian triumph again?
Daniil Medvedev may lose a set against a solid van de Zandschulp
Daniil Medvedev may lose a set against a solid van de Zandschulp

The Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev fixture in the Round 3 of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Saturday, 22 January 2022, starting at 03:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne. Botic van de Zandschukp vs Daniil Medvedev (January 22) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev (January 22) latest odds on betting sites

Botic van de Zandschulp is priced with the odds of 22.00 (+2100 American; 21/1 Fractional) to qualify for the Round 3, which equals an approximate probability of 4%. Daniil Medvedev comes with the odds of 1.02 (-5000; 1/50). The chances of his triumph are around 96%.

The latest odds for Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev (January 22):

  • Over 29.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 29.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Medvedev — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Van de Zandschulp — 1.80 (-135; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (-8.5) games on Medvedev — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+8.5) games on Van de Zandschulp — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev (January 22) match preview and stats

Botic van de Zandschulp eliminated Richard Gasquet (4-6, 6-0, 4-0) in the previous match to qualify for the Round 3 of the 2022 Australian Open.

They traded first service games but then Richard converted the second breakpoint to finish the second return game in his favor. Zandschulp was close to level the score in the fourth game but he did not convert two breakpoints. Then both tennis players performed equally to a 6-4 score in favor of Gasquet.

The second set was the exact opposite of the first. Botic van de Zandschulp won the first two games and saved three breakpoints in the third. He did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity and easily finished the set with a 6-0 score. Botic did not make a single one double fault in the set. He saved all three breakpoints and converted 75% of them.

Zandshulp performed perfectly in the last set too. He easily won the first two service games and converted breakpoints in return games. The set was finished with a 4-0 score, because Richard Gasquet felt pain in his chest muscles and withdrew from the tournament.

We have seen a total over 3.5 sets in six of the last seven bo5 matches with Botic van de Zandschulp participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4).

Daniil Medvedev won over Nick Kyrgios (7-6, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2) in the Round 2 of the 2022 Australian Open.

Daniil started the first set well. He saved two breakpoints to finish the second game in his favor and converted the third breakpoint in the third game. Then players performed equally to a 3-4 score. Nick started the eighth set with a 40-15 score and converted the fourth breakpoint to level the score. However, Medvedev performed better in tie-breaks. He won seven serves in a row after losing the first.

In the second set, both tennis players showed absolutely equal play. Daniil Medvedev was close to win the fourth return game but Nick saved a breakpoint. In spite of this, the Russian tennis player converted one out of two breakpoints in the last game. He made two double faults and converted one out of three breakpoints. Daniil did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity and won the set 6-4.

In the third set, Medvedev and Kyrgios did not lose more than 15 points in their service games up to a 3-3 score. Nick Kyrgios played forcefully in the fourth return game and converted the second breakpoint. After that, both tennis players continued their flawless play in service games to finish the set with a 6-4 score in favor of Kyrgios.

Nick Kyrgios had a breakpoint in the first game of the last set but did not convert it. Then we saw equal performances to a 3-2 score. Daniil Medvedev started the sixth game with a 40-15 score and converted the second breakpoint. Also, he successfully finished the first breakpoint in the next return game to finish the set with a 6-2 score and win the match.

We have seen a total over 9.5 games in the first set in seven of the last nine matches with Medvedev participating. This total is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) this time.

Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev H2H

Daniil Medvedev won a single head-to-head game against Botic van de Zandschulp (6-3, 6-0, 4-6, 7-5). He made only one double fault in four sets, won 89% of service games and seven out of 19 return games. Also, Medvedev won 74% and 42% of service and return points, respectively. Daniil saved three out of five breakpoints and converted 58% of them.

Botic won 63% of service games and 58% of points. He won only two out of 11 return games and accordingly converted two out of five breakpoints. He saved five out of 12 breakpoints and made four double faults in these sets.

Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev (January 22) betting tips and prediction

Daniil Medvedev is in outstanding condition now. He has lost only four of the last 32 games and has a streak of nine bo5 matches without losses. He looks as strong as he can be going into this match and will win it for sure.

However, we have seen a total over 29.5 games in the last five best-of-five matches with Medvedev participating. Botic van de Zandschulp won a set in the last H2H match against Daniil Medvedev. I believe that he will be able to do it again. Medvedev did not perform flawlessly in the 2022 Australian Open, whereas Zandschulp showed a very confident play.

Betting prediction: Daniil Medvedev to win & over 29.5 games

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 3.5 sets

Odds: 2.75 (+175 American; 7/4 Fractional)

Tennis Australian Open 2022 . Men. Singles. Round 3
Botic van de Zandschulp — Daniil Medvedev
Lost
Over 3.5 sets
2.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!