The Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev fixture in the semi-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, 28 January 2022, starting at 8:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev (January 28) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev (January 28) latest odds on betting sites
Stefanos Tsitsipas is priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to qualify for the final, which equals an approximate probability of 33%. Daniil Medvedev comes with the odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 67%.
The latest odds for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev (January 28):
- Over 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Medvedev — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Medvedev — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Tsitsipas — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev (January 28) match preview and stats
Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Jannik Sinner (6-3, 6-4, 6-2) in the previous stage.
Stefanos easily won the first three games in the first set. He converted 100% of breakpoints and did not give a breakpoint opportunity. Then both tennis players performed confidently and did not give each other chances to win a return game.
In the second set, we saw pretty much the same play. Sinner easily won the first game but then Tsitsipas won three games in a row. He converted a single breakpoint in the set and did not give Jannik breakpoints during the whole set.
At the start of the last set, Jannik Sinner won the first game again but then Stefanos Tsitsipas showed a streak of five winning games in a row. The tennis players traded winning last service games to finish the set with a 6-2 score.
We have seen a total of over 38.5 games in three of the last four matches with Tsitsipas participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) this time.
Daniil Medvedev eliminated Felix Auger-Aliassime (6-7, 3-6, 7-6, 7-5, 6-4) in the quarter-final.
Both tennis players did not give each other breakpoints and played flawlessly in the first 10 games of the first set. Then both converted second breakpoints in their sixth return games. Felix made one mistake less in tie-breaks and finally finished the set in his favor.
Auger-Aliassime won the first three games in the second set. Then both tennis players were confident in their service games and did not give each other more chances. Felix converted 100% of breakpoints and did not give Daniil a breakpoint opportunity.
In the third set, they were absolutely equal. Felix got only one breakpoint in the third game but he did not convert it. In tie-breaks, Medvedev showed outstanding performance. He did not lose a service point to finish the set in his favor.
The fourth set was close too. We did not see breakpoints to a 4-4 score. In the next set, Medvedev got the first breakpoint in the set but did not convert it. Then Auger-Aliassime had a matchpoint but did not convert it too. Daniil Medvedev converted his breakpoint in the 11th game and finished the 12th game in his favor to win the set.
The Russian tennis player performed confidently after a 1-0 score in the last set. Medvedev won three games in a row. He saved and converted 100% of breakpoints during these sets. Felix Auger-Aliassime was close to level the score in the eighth and in the 10th games but he did not convert three breakpoints.
A total of over 12.5 games has played out in three out of five matches in the 2022 Australian Open with Medvedev participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 3.80 (+280; 14/5) this time.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev H2H
Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Daniil Medvedev (6-3, 7-6, 7-5) in the last H2H match in the 2021 French Open. The Greek won 88% and 74% of service games and points, respectively. He won four out of 16 return games and 40% of return points. Tsitsipas converted 57% of breakpoints and saved 75% of them.
Medvedev did not make double faults in these sets. He won 75% of service games and 50% of points. Daniil Medvedev won two out of 17 return games and 26% of points. He saved and converted 43% and 25% of breakpoints, respectively.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev (January 28) betting tips and prediction
Daniil Medvedev has not performed flawlessly at the 2022 Australian Open. His rivals were not strong but he made a lot of mistakes. Stefanos Tsitsipas met Taylor Fritz and Jannik Sinner who are in good form now and beat the second one easily. Also, Stefanos won over Daniil in the last H2H match to nil. Tsitsipas’ stats were much better. I believe that this match will be finished in four or more sets because in spite of the current form, Medvedev is a bit stronger than Tsitsipas. However, I believe that the Greek will qualify for the final because he has performed better in this tournament.
Betting prediction: Stefanos Tsitsipas to win
Odds: 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 3.5 sets
Odds: 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional)