Australian Open 2022: Rublev vs Cilic prediction and betting tips (January 22)
Andrey Rublev won the last five head-to-head matches against Marin Cilic. Will he extend this streak?
Andrey Rublev beat Marin Cilic (5-7, 6-3, 6-1) in the last H2H match
Andrey Rublev beat Marin Cilic (5-7, 6-3, 6-1) in the last H2H match

The Andrey Rublev vs Marin Cilic fixture in the Round 3 of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Saturday, 22 January 2022, starting at 09:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne. Andrey Rublev vs Marin Cilic (January 22) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Andrey Rublev vs Marin Cilic (January 22) latest odds on betting sites

Andrey Rublev is priced with the odds of 1.33 (-300 American; 1/3 Fractional) to qualify for the Round 3, which equals an approximate probability of 72%. Marin Cilic comes with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2) to win. The chances of his triumph approximately equal 28%.

The latest odds for Botic van de Zandschulp vs Daniil Medvedev (January 22):

  • Over 37.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 37.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Rublev — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Cilic — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Rublev — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Cilic — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)

Andrey Rublev vs Marin Cilic (January 22) match preview and stats

Andrey Rublev met Ricardas Berankis (6-4, 6-2, 6-0) in the previous stage.

Andrey Rublev started the first game of the first set with a 40-15 score and converted the third breakpoint. Besides, he was close to winning the third and the fourth return games, but Andrey failed to convert his breakpoints these times. Both tennis players made two double faults. Rublev did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity and won the game 6-4.

The Russian tennis player started the second set outstandingly. He won the first two games, but did not convert a breakpoint in the third. Then Rublev won three more sets in a row, and then players traded winning last service games to finish the set with a 6-2 score. Rublev converted two out of three breakpoints and did not give a breakpoint opportunity again.

In spite of the final result, all games in the last set were close. Andrey won the first two games and had three breakpoints to win the third. He started the fifth game with a 40-15 score and successfully finished the third breakpoint. Ricardas had four breakpoints in the last set but failed. Rublev saved and converted 100% and 43% of breakpoints, respectively.

We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in first sets in all head-to-head matches between Andrey Rublev and Marin Cilic. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5).

Marin Cilic beat Norbert Gombos (6-2, 6-3, 3-6, 7-6) in the Round 2 to qualify for this stage.

He started the first set perfectly. Marin easily won the first three games, then Norbert won two service games and lost the remaining games to nil. Cilic did not make a double fault. He converted two out of three breakpoints and did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity.

Cilic won the first game in the second set easily. He started the second game with a 40-0 score. Gombos was close to come back, but Marin converted the third breakpoint. Then both tennis players played confidently in their service games, and the set finished with a 6-3 score for Cilic.

Norbert won the first three games in the third set, but then Marin showed the same performance to level the score. In spite of this, Gombos won three more sets in a row to finish the set in his favor. Marin did not make a double fault but he saved only one out of three breakpoints and converted 50% of them.

In the last set, both tennis players were almost absolutely equal. They won their service games confidently and did not give each other a breakpoint opportunity. In tie-breaks, they performed equally again to a 6-5 score, but Marin finally won three points in a row to finish the fixture in his favor.

We have seen a total over 3.5 sets in four of the last five Bo5 matches with Marin Cilic participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.

Andrey Rublev vs Marin Cilic H2H

Andrey Rublev beat Marin Cilic (5-7, 6-3, 6-1) in the last H2H. He made five double faults in three sets. Andrey won 13 of 14 service games and 29% of return games. He took 72% of service points and 37% of return. Rublev saved and converted 80% and 67% of breakpoints, respectively.

Marin made an equal number of double faults. He won only 10 out of 14 service games, 63% of service points and saved only two out of six breakpoints. Cilic won 7% of return games and 28% of points. Besides, he converted only one out of five breakpoints.

Andrey Rublev vs Marin Cilic (January 22) betting tips and prediction

Andrey Rublev is the favorite of this fixture. He is in outstanding form. Andrey has a streak of seven victories as well as five H2H victories against Marin Cilic. However, it is important to note that Rublev did not perform as confidently against strong rivals as did Cilic. He has won only two of the last five matches against rivals from the top 30.

Besides, Rublev has not played against Marin in Bo5 matches, whereas Cilic has won four of the last six Bo5 games and has not lost to nil in more than 10 matches. I believe that Rublev will beat Marin Cilic, but we will see a total over 3.5 sets and a total over 37.5 games.

Betting prediction: Over 37.5 games

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Andrey Rublev to win & over 3.5 sets

Odds: 2.45 (+145 American; 29/20 Fractional)

Tennis Australian Open 2022 . Men. Singles. Round 3
Andrey Rublev — Marin Cilic
Won
Andrey Rublev to win & over 3.5 sets
2.45
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!