Australian Open 2022: Fritz vs Tsitsipas prediction and betting tips (January 24)
Both tennis players have won two out of four H2H fixtures. Who will make his number of victories greater?
Taylor Fritz eliminated Roberto Bautista Agut in the Round 3 of the 2022 Australian Open
Taylor Fritz eliminated Roberto Bautista Agut in the Round 3 of the 2022 Australian Open

The Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas fixture in the Round 4 of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Monday, 24 January 2022, starting at 08:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne. Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 24) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 24) latest odds on betting sites

Taylor Fritz is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional) to qualify for the quarter-final, which equals an approximate probability of 36%. Stefanos Tsitsipas comes with the odds of 1.55 (+155; 31/20) to win. The chances of his triumph approximately equal 64%.

The latest odds for Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 24):

  • Over 39.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 39.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Fritz — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Fritz — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)

Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 24) match preview and stats

Taylor Fritz eliminated Roberto Bautista Agut (6-0, 3-6, 3-6, 6-4, 6-3) in the Round 3 to qualify for this stage.

Taylor absolutely dominated in the first set. He did not lose more than 30 points in service games. Besides, Fritz converted three out of four breakpoints and did not give his rival a chance to come back in the set.

Taylor was close to winning the first game in the second set but did not convert a breakpoint, and Roberto finished it in his favor. Then the Spanish tennis players won two more games. Fritz won the next service and return games. He was close to level the score but did not save the second breakpoint in the sixth game. Then players traded service games to finish the set.

In the third set, players traded the first service games and the second return games. Fritz won one more service game but then Robert won four games in a row to finish the set with a 6-3 score. Taylor was able to win the eighth game but did not convert three breakpoints.

Both tennis players performed equally to a 3-3 score in the fourth set. Taylor converted the first breakpoints in the seventh game and did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity after this game to level the set score.

Fritz performed confidently in the last set too. He won the first two games and did not give Roberto a breakpoint opportunity. Fritz received a breakpoint in the last game and finished it successfully to come back in this match.

We have seen a total of over 3.5 sets in seven of the last nine Bo5 matches with Taylor participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2).

Stefanos Tsitsipas met Benoit Paire (6-3, 7-5, 6-7, 6-4) in the previous stage.

Stefanos played terrifically in the first set. He won the first three games. Tsitsipas was able to finish the set faster but did not convert two breakpoints in the fourth game. He did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity to finish the set in Paire’s favor.

Both tennis players performed confidently in the second set. Benoit did not convert two breakpoints in the first return game. Stefanos was close to winning the next return game too but did not convert three breakpoints. Then both players played confidently in their service games to a 5-5 score. Tsitsipas started the sixth return game with a 40-15 score and converted the first breakpoint. Then he won the next service game to nil to finish the set in his favor.

In the third set, both players were absolutely equal. Tsitsipas had two breakpoints in the fifth and ninth games but did not convert them. Benoit Paire was stronger in tie-breaks. He did not lose his serves and won two return points.

The Greek had a breakpoint in the first return game of the last set but he did not convert it. Then both players performed confidently in service games and did not give each other a breakpoint opportunity. However Stefanos Tsitsipas won the last return game to nil.

A total of over 9.5 games in the second set has played out in four of the last five matches with Stefanos Tsitsipas participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this match.

Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas H2H

Taylor Fritz was defeated by Stefanos Tsitsipas (7-6, 6-3) in the last H2H game. He did not make a single double fault and won nine out of 10 service games, but lost all return games. Taylor won 74% and 18% of service and return points, respectively, and saved one out of two breakpoints.

Stefanos Tsitsipas won 10% of return games and 26% or points. Also, he won 100% and 82% of service games and points, respectively. The Greek tennis player did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity and converted 50% of them.

Taylor Fritz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 24) betting tips and prediction

Tennis players in question look equal now. In spite of Tsitsipas’ better rankings, he is not in his best form, whereas Fritz is in good condition now. He performed confidently against top 20 rivals, whereas Stefanos have won only one of the last four matches against rivals from the ATP top 20. I believe that we will see a close game with a total of over 39.5 games. Also, Fritz is able to win two sets or finish this match in his favor, while Stefanos is in a weak form.

Betting prediction: Over 39.5 games

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Fritz

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Tennis Australian Open 2022 . Men. Singles. Round 4
Taylor Fritz — Stefanos Tsitsipas
Won
Over 39.5 games
1.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!