Australian Open 2022: Auger-Aliassime vs Medvedev prediction and betting tips (January 26)
Daniil Medvedev has won all three head-to-head fixtures against Felix Auger-Aliassime. Will the Canadian break this streak at the Australian Open?
Medvedev defeated Auger-Aliassime in the last H2H match at the 2022 ATP Cup
Medvedev defeated Auger-Aliassime in the last H2H match at the 2022 ATP Cup

The Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, 26 January 2022, starting at 12:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev (January 26) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev (January 26) latest odds on betting sites

Felix Auger-Aliassime is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400 American; 4/1 Fractional) to qualify for the semi-finals, which equals an approximate probability of 20%. Rafael Nadal comes with the odds of 1.20 (-500; 1/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 80%.

The latest odds for Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev (January 26):

  • Over 34.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 34.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Medvedev — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Auger-Aliassime — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (-6.5) games on Medvedev — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+6.5) games on Auger-Aliassime — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev (January 26) match preview and stats

Felix Auger-Aliassime beat Marin Cilic (2-6, 7-6, 6-2, 7-6) in the Round of 16 to qualify for the current stage of the 2022 Australian Open.

Auger-Aliassime started well in the first game of the first set but did not convert two breakpoints in the second game. Cilic easily converted a single breakpoint in the third game and did not give Auger-Aliassime more breakpoint opportunities in this set. Cilic had one more breakpoint in the seventh game and finished it successfully too, winning the set.

In the second set, we saw much closer play. Both tennis players performed confidently in their service games. Felix got the first breakpoint opportunity in the sixth game but did not convert it. Also, he started the 10th game with a 40-15 score in his favor but did not finish the game successfully. The tennis players performed equally in tie-breaks too. However, Cilic lost a service point after a 7-7 score, and Auger-Aliassime took the set.

Felix and Marin traded winning first service games in the third set. In the second return game, Felix had six breakpoints and finally finished the last one successfully. Marin gave one more breakpoint opportunity to his rival in the seventh game, and Felix converted it too. Then Auger-Aliassime easily won the last service game to finish the set with a 6-2 score.

The Canadian tennis player got two breakpoints at the start of the last set, but he did not convert them. In spite of this, both tennis players performed confidently in their service games and did not give each other breakpoint opportunities. Cilic lost the first service point in tie-breaks, whereas Auger-Aliassime performed flawlessly to finish the set in his favor.

We have seen a total of over 3.5 sets in three of the four matches with Felix participating at the 2022 Australian Open. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this semi-final.

Daniil Medvedev stunned Maxime Cressy (6-2, 7-6, 6-7, 7-5) to reach the 2022 Australian Open QFs.

Both tennis players won their service games in the first set. Then Daniil received two breakpoints in the next game and finished one of them successfully. The tennis players continued to perform confidently to a 2-4 score. In the seventh game, Medvedev got one more breakpoint and easily finished it in his favor.

In the second set, Maxime and Daniil were absolutely equal. They performed outstandingly in service games and did not give each other breakpoint opportunities to a 6-5 score. In the last game, Maxime got one breakpoint but did not convert it. In tie-breaks, Medvedev performed a bit stronger and won the set with a 7-4 score.

The third set was approximately similar to the second one. Both tennis players were flawless in their service games and did not lose more than 30 points per game. Daniil Medvedev won one return point in tie-breaks and had a great chance to finish the match with a 3-0 score, but then he lost four points in a row and the set.

The first two games of the last set finished fast. However, Daniil was close to finishing the second return game in his favor. He leveled the score in this game seven times and had a breakpoint opportunity but finally lost it. Then the Russian got three and two breakpoints in the fourth and fifth return games, respectively, but had now success. Daniil Medvedev received the last three breakpoints in the 11th set and finally converted it to win the match.

Daniil Medvedev has beaten Felix Auger-Aliassime to nil in the last two H2H matches. The same result is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev H2H

Daniil Medvedev defeated Felix Auger-Aliassime (6-4, 6-0) in the last H2H match at the 2022 ATP Cup. The Russian tennis player won 100% of service games and 50% of return games. He received 78% and 46% of service and return points, respectively. Medvedev converted four out of seven breakpoints and did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity. Daniil made four double faults in two sets.

Felix made two fewer double faults in this match. However, he won only 50% of service games and 54% of points. Auger-Aliassime did not win a return game and won only 22% of return points. He saved three out of seven breakpoints.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Daniil Medvedev (January 26) betting tips and prediction

Daniil Medvedev is much stronger. He easily beat Felix in the last H2H match which was played in the previous tournament. Also, he performed more confidently in this event, whereas most of Auger-Aliassime’s victories were close, not to mention that his rivals were much weaker than those of Medvedev. I believe that Daniil Medvedev will end Auger-Aliassime’s run with a 3-0 score.

Medvedev has lost the third set twice in four clashes at the 2022 Australian Open, while the total of over 9.5 games in the third set has played out three times in his matches at this tournament. I believe that we will see a total of over 9.5 games in the third set this time too.

Betting prediction: Daniil Medvedev to win 3-0

Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (3rd set)

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Tennis Australian Open 2022 . Men. Singles. Quarter-finals
Felix Auger-Aliassime — Daniil Medvedev
Won
Over 9.5 games (3rd set)
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!