ATP Miami Open 2022: Cerundolo vs Ruud prediction and betting tips (April 1)
Casper Ruud has won 11 of the last 13 matches. Will he win one more to qualify for the final stage?
Casper Ruud beat Alexander Zverev (6-3, 1-6, 6-1) in the most recent match
Casper Ruud beat Alexander Zverev (6-3, 1-6, 6-1) in the most recent match

The Francisco Cerundolo vs Casper Ruud fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP Miami Open will take place on Friday, 1 April 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. EDT (5:00 p.m. GMT). The venue is Sun Life Stadium, Miami. Francisco Cerundolo vs Casper Ruud (April 1) semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Francisco Cerundolo vs Casper Ruud latest odds on betting sites

Francisco Cerundolo is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400 American; 4/1 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 20%. Casper Ruud comes with the odds of 1.20 (-500; 1/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 80%.

The latest odds for Francisco Cerundolo vs Casper Ruud (April 1):

  • Over 20.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 20.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ruud — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Cerundolo — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Ruud — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Cerundolo — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)

Francisco Cerundolo vs Casper Ruud match preview and statistics

Francisco Cerundolo won over Frances Tiafoe (6-7, 7-6, 6-2) in the Round of 16.

Cerundolo received the first break point in the third game of the first set, but he did not convert it. Tiafoe reached a 40-0 score in the eighth game, but Francisco Cerundolo saved all break points to win the game. Then the tennis players traded winning return games to a 6-6 score. They converted their first break points in all these games. Tiafoe won tie-breaks with a 7-2 score.

In the second game, both players did not give each other break points to a 3-2 score. Then both had their breaks, but were not able to convert it. In tie-breaks, Francisco Cerundolo played a bit better and won it with a 7-3 score.

Francisco Cerundolo won the first three games of the second set. He converted two out of four break points in these games. Then the tennis players traded winning return games and played perfectly in the remaining service games. Cerundolo made only one double fault and won 61% of points.

He has not played perfectly in the 2022 season. Francisco Cerundolo has won 72% of service games and 60% of points. He has saved 54% of break points and has converted 42% of breaks. Cerundolo has won 34% of return games and 44% of points.

We have seen a total of under 8.5 games in the first set in three of the last four matches with Francisco Cerundolo’s participation. The same total comes with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) this time.

Casper Ruud beat Alexander Zverev (6-3, 1-6, 6-1) in the most recent match.

Ruud received the first break point in the fourth game of the first set and finished it successfully. Both tennis players traded winning service games apart from the fourth one. They did not give each other breaks and did not lose more than 15 points in most of them.

Casper Ruud had two break points in the first game of the second set, but he did not convert them. He won the next game, but his rival won five games in a row to finish the set with a 6-1 score. Alexander Zverev converted two out of four break points and saved all two breaks. Casper Ruud did not make a double fault.

The Norwegian tennis player won the first three games of the last set. He converted one out of two break points in the second one. Then the tennis players traded winning service games to the end of the set. They did not lose more than 30 points per service game and both players did not make double faults.

Casper Ruud has won 89% and 25% of service and return games, respectively in the current season. He has won 70% of service points and 39% of return points.

Casper Ruud has received approximately six break points per match in the 2022 WTA Miami Open. He is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to create less than eight break points in this semi-final.

Francisco Cerundolo vs Casper Ruud predictions and betting tips

Francisco Cerundolo has met strong rivals in this tournament, but Casper Ruud’s rivals were much stronger. He beat Zverev, Norrie and Bublik to qualify for the current stage. His stats were flawless in these matches. Cerundolo met Simmer and Opelka, but these matches were finished with technical victories, whereas his remaining matches were so close. In spite of his unstable performance, I believe that he will win a set.

We may see a total of under 9.5 games in the first set. The same outcome has played out in the last four matches with Casper Ruud participating and in three of the last four matches with Francisco Cerundolo’s participation.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Cerundolo

Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 9.5 games (1st set)

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

Tennis ATP . 2022 Miami Open. Semi-finals
Francisco Cerundolo — Casper Ruud
Won
Under 9.5 games (1st set)
1.80
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!