The Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Jannik Sinner fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Sunday, January 22, 2023, starting at 8:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Stefanos Tsitsipas is priced with the odds of 1.45 (-222 American; 9/20 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Jannis Sinner has an odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%.
The latest odds for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Jannis Sinner (January 22, 2023):
- Over 39.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 39.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sinner — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Sinner — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
Match preview and statistics
Stefanos Tsitsipas has a streak of 11 victories with six to nil. He has won the 2022 Mubadala World Tennis Championship and the 2023 ATP United Cap. He has not met any strong rivals in this tournament and finished all his fixtures with a 3-0 score each.
In Round 1, the Greek tennis player defeated Quentin Halys (6-3, 6-4, 7-6). The first and the second sets were similar. Stefanos Tsitsipas received an advantage winning the second and the third return games, respectively, and kept it. The last set was a hard one. Quentin Halys reached a 4-2 score, but the Greek was lucky to come back and win the tie-breaks.
In the second round, Stefanos Tsitsipas absolutely destroyed Rinky Hijikata (6-3, 6-0, 6-2). He made only one double fault in the match and did not let Hijikata complete any breaks. In the Round of 32, Tsitsipas met Tallon Griekspoor (6-2, 7-6, 6-3). The Dutch tennis player had a set point in the second set but was unlucky to convert it. Overall, he was smashed as the previous Tsitsipas’ rival.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has won all matches in the 2023 Australian Open with a 3-0 score. He comes with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to win his next rival to nil.
Jannis Sinner was able to reach the final in the 2023 ATP Adelaide, but he was unlucky to meet Sebastian Korda (5-7, 1-6) in the quarter-final who stopped him. He started the 2023 Australian Open confidently. Jannis Sinner won the first two fixtures to nil. However, his performance in the most recent game was not as good as previously.
Jannis Sinner met Marton Fucsovics (4-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-0) in the last game. He absolutely failed the first two sets. Sinner gave his rival five break point opportunities in these sets and saved only one of them. Also, he won only 46% of points in these sets. However, then Sinner showed his best winning the next three sets in a row by at least four games each.
Nine of the last ten matches with Jannis Sinner’s participation have been finished to nil. A total of under 3.5 sets in this match comes with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5).
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Jannik Sinner H2H
Stefanos Tsitsipas won over Jannik Sinner (7-6, 6-2) in the last fixture. Also, he defeated the Italian tennis player (6-3, 6-4, 6-2) in the quarter-final of the 2022 Australian Open. They met a bit earlier this time, but will Tsitsipas repeat his success?
Prediction and betting tips
Stefanos Tsitsipas is likely to defeat his next rival. His recent results are incredible. The Greece tennis player has won the last 11 matches in a row with six to nil. Also, he has won the last three H2H games against Jannis Sinner with one in the quarter-final of the 2022 Australian Open.
Jannis Sinner has not shown us anything special at the start of the season. He was eliminated in the quarter-final of the 2023 ATP Adelaide. He has not met any strong rivals in the current tournament and was close to being eliminated by Marton Fucsovics in the previous stage. I believe that Tsitsipas will win this match by at least two sets because the current Sinner’s form is not so good to beat No. 4.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tsitsipas
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!