A new big gun of Africa: review of Betika
As a sport betting site, Betika is primarily aimed at Kenya, but also operates in a few other countries across Africa. In our Betika review, Takebet covers all crucial questions about the bookie: how to use cashout, their betting odds and markets, payments and bonuses, the mobile site and the application, credibility and more. Understand how to join Betika as a customer, bet live and prematch, withdraw money and deposit!
By the way, have you heard of their daily jackpot bonus games? Once this sports betting company has showcased a millionaire, who gained a whooping 1,266,386 KES in the Betika Midweek Jackpot in 2018. Want to learn more? Let’s get started!
Company info: who owns Betika, licenses and more
Launched back in 2016, Betika is an online betting firm originally from Kenya. This sports betting site also services players from Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Ethiopia and DR Congo. Betika supports both English and Kiswahili, as well as Amharic for the Tanzanian audience. In Kenya, this online bookmaker is regulated by the Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB) under the Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act.
Frequently people ask who owns Betika in Kenya: the company name is Betika Shop and Deliver Limited, and it holds their license for a bookie business in Kenya. Its director is Chris Mwirigi Kaumbuthnu, with Roamtech Solutions Limited as the main shareholder.
In Nigeria, Shade International Gaming Limited with the address at Plot 12, Acme Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos is the stated owner. In Ghana, it is Shade Gold Coast Limited at GA-1010-2670, Number D44/2B, Main Road, Adabraka, Kwame Nkrumah Avenue.
Between July 2018 and June 2019, the firm survived the government’s controversial new 20% tax on a betting turnover, thus becoming the most popular betting website in Kenya which has retained its legit bookmaker license.
The official address of this sport betting website is Betika.com.
|Welcome offer||20 KES (Kenya), 20 NGN (Nigeria), 1 GHS (Ghana)|
|Deposit options||M-PESA, Airtel Money, Tigo Pesa, HaloPesa, Paga, cash (betting shop)|
|Withdrawal options||M-PESA, Airtel Money, Tigo Pesa, HaloPesa, Paga, cash (betting shop)|
|Currency||KES (Kenya), NGN (Nigeria), GHS (Ghana), TZS (Tanzania), ETB (Ethiopia), CDF (DR Congo)|
|Sports||Football, tennis, basketball, ice hockey, baseball, volleyball, MMA (UFC), cricket, rugby, American football, table tennis, eSports and more|
|SMS betting||Yes (in Kenya and Tanzania)|
|Mobile app||Android, iOS|
|Support Whatsapp||0657788888 (Tanzania)|
|Support email@example.com (Kenya), firstname.lastname@example.org (Ghana), email@example.com (Nigeria), firstname.lastname@example.org (Tanzania)|
|Support phone||+254729290290 (Kenya), 0596921292 (Ghana), 019077000 (Nigeria), 0659070700 (Tanzania)|
Reputation of bookmaker
The bookmaker had international football star Ronaldinho among its brand ambassadors. In November 2021, this company partnered with the most distinguished football clubs of Ghana and the whole Africa, Asante Kotoko, in a deal worth 1.3 million GHS (23.93 million KES). In 2020, the online betting site Betika extended a sponsorship deal with a football club Sofapaka, based in Nairobi, Kenya. The bookie remains active in offering equipment to Kenyan football teams and investing in the local sports.
Joining Betika: online and offline account creation
There are four ways of how to register for a Betika profile of your own:
- SMS registration (for Kenya). Sign up even when offline with a mobile phone. Type in “BETIKA” and send this message to 29090. Once the sign up is complete, you will receive an SMS with a confirmation of the registration.
- USSD registration (for Kenya). Dial *644# to get registered via USSD: once the registration is done, you will receive a confirmation SMS from 29090.
- Online registration in Betika with a mobile phone number. Head to the sports betting platform and tap on the REGISTER button. The registration form will appear with blank fields to fill. Enter your phone number and create a password. Once you receive a verification code, type it in to finish the sign up.
- App registration. The sign up process with Betika mobile application is essentially the same as with the betting site: fill out a form to get a profile.
Completing login in Betika to enter account
When signing up is done and dusted, every customer has to log in to the bookie in order to place bets. This is easily done via their website.
Here is how to complete Betika account login:
- Access betika.com (in Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria). Proceed to betika.co.tz if in Tanzania.
- Tap the LOGIN link at the top of the website.
- Enter your registered phone number and the password.
- Hit LOGIN to access your account!
Steps to complete account confirmation
You get identified as an existing client with your mobile number after you have created a Betika account. To access your profile, type in your phone number and the password.
Afterwards, you may have to confirm your identity and address. This is one of the mandatory steps of how to withdraw money from Betika: no payout may be allowed by the bookmaker until you confirm you are over 18 years old and have credible personal data. A copy of your ID document may be asked as well as some other papers.
Recap of bonuses and promotional offers in Betika
Both new and existing customers should know how to use a bonus on Betika, because both groups are eligible for promotions. Promotions include such offers as a modest registration free bet for new customers on the betting site and in the app, a deposit bonus and more — promos are changing, so check the bookie before enrolling.
The basic bonuses of Betika are described below.
Note: betting offers are dependent on the regional version and are temporary.
You can get a free bet from Betika of 20 KES in Kenya just for registering. New customers are eligible for it. The bonus is given out automatically after a sign up. An identity verification procedure may be imposed on you before you get or use this bonus.
In Ghana, there is a welcome bonus of 1 GHS, alongside 20 NGN in Nigeria. As per the T&C, there is also a Tanzanian sign up bonus, but we didn't receive it.
People often ask if they can withdraw a bonus on Betika, and the answer is “no”. It can only be used for betting with the odds of 4.99 or higher in Kenya, Nigeria and Ghaha to redeem any winnings. Mind that the minimum odds equal 9.99 for Tanzania.
There are two types of referral promotions on Betika: a classic bonus for an invited friend and a bet share promotion. Their availability differs on separate country versions.
At the time of writing, the bet share promo is ongoing in Kenya with weekly prizes for top 20 participants and a 150,000 KES prize for the top one.
Find below complete bet share scheme:
- First place — 150,000 KES
- Second place — 75,000 KES
- Third place — 50,000 KES
- Places 4-10 — 10,000 KES
- Places 11-20 — 5,000 KES
To take part, you need to bet in prematch with the odds of 4.99 or more, share your bets and make your friend wager with 25 KES or more — such a bet will be counted for you.
At the time of writing, a referral bonus in Betika is available to Nigerian accounts.
Deposit offer with cash back
There is a cash back offered by Betika which you can get by topping up your account.
The bonus rules are based on the deposit amount:
- Sums of 1 to 49 KES get you 3 KES once per day.
- Sums of 50 to 98 KES and 100 to 200 KES get you 5 KES once per day.
- The sum of exactly 99 KES gets you 8 KES twice per day.
- The bonus for over 200 KES deposits is not specified at the time of writing.
This Betika betting offer is known in full as “Lost Multibet Stake Back Bonus”.
How to use a cash back bonus on Betika: place an accumulator of 7 to 10 matches, and if you don’t get only one of these outcomes right, you will receive 100% of your cash back. That said, 11 games and more will get you 200%.
Note that no legs should be voided, while average total odds of winning selections must be 1.45 or higher for a multibet bonus to be paid out.
Now you know Betika bonus rules and how to use the offer — go ahead and try!
Betika points: earning and using
There is a loyalty program in place, which is called “Betika Points”. You get promo points for betting on sports — bigger bets earn you more points. Read on to learn how to redeem Betika bonus points after getting them.
Here is a scheme of earning points for bets on Betika:
- Wagers of 20-49 KES yield a maximum of 10 points.
- Wagers of 50-99 KES yield a maximum of 25 points.
- Wagers of 100-500 KES yield a maximum of 50 points.
- Wagers of 501-5,000 KES yield a maximum of 100 points.
- Wagers of over 5,000 KES yield a maximum of 200 points.
Any player can get no more than 500 points during one day. The formula for calculating points used by Betika is as follows: (Stake X Odds) / 100.
Here are the ways to check your balance of points:
- Check points via SMS. Send an SMS to 29090 with the word “BETIKAPOINTS”.
- Check points via USSD. Call to *644# and pick “Profile”.
- Check points online. Access your account with Betika to see the balance.
You can either use bonus points for betting on the daily jackpot or redeem them.
Here is how you can redeem Betika points:
- Via SMS. Send an SMS to 29090 with the combination of REDEEM# and an amount, either 1000 or 500. For example, REDEEM#1000.
- Online. Access your account and pick the “Redeem Points” option.
Banking options to pay and get paid
Betika has a slim but sufficient selection of payment methods differing by country.
In Kenya, there are three options of how you can deposit and how to go about withdrawals from Betika: Airtel Money, M-PESA of Safaricom and bet shops.
In Tanzania, Airtel and M-PESA are present plus Tigo Pesa, HaloPesa and bet shops.
In Nigeria, the Paga payment service is available.
In Ghana, M-PESA can be used for topping up an account.
Betika lets you create an account with the currency that depends on your country. The currency is chosen by the bookmaker based on the site version you have registered on.
The currency options are as follows:
- Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Nigerian naira (NGN)
- Tanzanian shilling (TZS)
- Ghanaian cedi (GHS)
- Ethiopian birr (ETB)
- Congolese franc (CDF)
Coverage of all Betika deposit options
In order to pay Betika via mobile money, utilize the phone number you have used to register. Both Airtel Money and M-PESA are available for Kenyan deposits. For info on other countries, check the Betika review on the corresponding versions of Takebet.
Making a deposit via Airtel Money:
- Pick Airtel Money in your Airtel SIM toolkit.
- Tap on MAKE PAYMENTS and find Betika in the “Others” category.
- Use BETIKA deposit paybill (and the same business name as the reference), enter the money amount you are willing to pay and your PIN to proceed.
- Use the received confirmation info to finish the transaction.
Paying Betika via MPESA:
- Choose M-PESA in your Safaricom SIM toolkit.
- Tap on LIPA NA MPESA.
- Enter 290290 as the deposit paybill for M-PESA.
- Type in the account number of Betika and the desired amount of money to pay.
- Confirm the transaction.
How to check my Betika account balance, you ask? Message BALANCE to 29090 to check if a payment has been processed.
Another way of how you can deposit to a betting wallet with Betika is online. Just tap on the DEPOSIT button after logging into your account, state the sum of money and confirm the transaction. Also, you are able to deposit via USSD while offline by dialing *644# in Kenya. Furthermore, you can visit a Betika betting shop and deposit over-the-counter.
Deposit charges on Betika are virtually absent for MPESA and Airtel, however you will be charged 2 KES for every SMS received when depositing. The minimum deposit is 10 KES for Betika and the maximum limit is said to be 500,000 KES in various sources, but we couldn’t corroborate it in the T&C.
|Method||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||10 KES||500k KES||Instant||Trans. fee|
|M-PESA||10 KES||500k KES||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Bet shop||10 KES||500k KES||Instant||Free|
How money withdrawals work on Betika
The withdrawal of funds from Betika is also done exclusively via mobile money in Kenya. If you wonder how to withdraw money from Betika to bank account, that may be actually possible in other countries. For info on other countries, check this review on the corresponding versions of Takebet.
How to withdraw money to MPESA or Airtel Money from Betika:
- SMS withdrawal. Send an SMS with a WITHDRAW#AMOUNT combination, where “amount” is the sum of money you wish to withdraw (e.g. WITHDRAW#500), and send this message to 29090 in Kenya.
- USSD withdrawal. Dial *644# and follow the withdrawal procedure.
- Online withdrawal. First access the bookmaker, then: 1) log into your account and go to the profile, 2) enter the desired amount, 3) tap on WITHDRAW.
The minimum withdrawal limit equals 50 KES. The maximum maximum amount to withdraw from Betika is 70,000 KES per payout, with a daily maximum of 140,000 KES. The withdrawal charges for Kenya are dependent on the amount of money you withdraw in one transaction: 15 KES charge for 50-2,499 KES and 33 KES for 2,500-70,000 KES.
If you have encountered a withdrawal problem, contact the support of Betika.
|Method||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||50 KES||140k KES||Instant||15/33 KES|
|M-PESA||50 KES||140k KES||Instant||12/33 KES|
|Bet shop||50 KES||N/A||Instant||Vary|
There are over 20 sports for betting predictions, covering major football leagues as well as small tournaments and everything in between. The bookie has a strong focus on football and provides over 100 betting markets with hundreds of bets. The amount of markets for a prediction today is not that big in less popular tournaments, but is still enough to enjoy your betting. Betika odds are average with margins around 4-8%.
The minimum stake on Betika equals 1 KES for a single bet as well as an accumulator, as it is clearly stated in the bet slip of the bookie. The bonus minimum stake is the same, thus you can place up to 20 bets with your sign up bonus of 20 KES on Betika.
The maximum stake is as follows:
- Prematch single bet and accumulator — 500,000 KES
- Daily jackpot bet — 100 Betika points or 10 KES
Mind that if you place bets between 1:00 am and 8:00 am Nairobi time or if you place live bets, the maximum stake on Betika may be actually capped to 5,000 KES.
The maximum payout in Betika for wagers is as follows:
- Single and accumulator — 1,000,000 KES
- Total maximum per day — 1,000,000 KES
For info on other countries, check the review on the corresponding versions of Takebet.
On top of that, in Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana Betika offers virtual betting products. There are two of them! The Super League includes virtual football leagues of Kenya, Ghana, England, Germany, Italy and Spain, also Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) and Euros. All are randomized and offered with correct score, over under goals, 1x2, double chance, Asian handicap, GG/NG (both teams to score), combinations of these betting markets and smaller options.
Asides from football betting virtuals, the SuperLeague includes virtual horse racing, greyhound racing, speedway racing and motorbike racing
Then comes the "Virtuals" section. This is another randomized virtual football betting product, which lets you bet on Betika virtual games and win every four minutes as advertised on their official website. At Betika Kenya, it includes the Sakata league, the English league and Bundesliga with the same team names as in the real world. At Betika Ghana, there is the Akwaaba League with virtual local teams competing instead of Sakata. At Betika Tanzania, these virtuals are not yet available.
There are more bet options here: exact goals, half time full time (HT FT), 1x2 and total, handicap in half, individual team totals, draw no bet, correct score, overs unders, etc.
At the time of writing, there were no virtuals at Betika Nigeria.
Now, before we go any further, here is how to bet on Betika and win for a newbie:
- Bet on sports and tournaments you understand perfectly. Study your favourite sport or a few from A to Z. Forget that other sports exist when on a betting website. In-depth knowledge of statistics, facts and personalities will boost your chances of winning.
- Make use of a money management strategy. Never go all in — place 1-3% of your bank each time. The total amount available to you must be restricted. Set yourself limits for each month to control your online sports betting on Betika.
- Learn all about betting odds, margins and probabilities. Getting more from bookmakers takes study: understand how probabilities of events translate into odds, how margins change these odds, and how you can find odds that are undervalued to bet on them and win eventually.
Placing your first bet online on Betika
The process of placing a bet on Betika needs no “how to” really, being quite straightforward. However, we have described it for all you newcomers below.
Here is how you make your first bet online:
- Access your betting account on the site or in the app.
- Choose “Prematch” or “Live Games” and pick the desired sport.
- Tap on the match of your choice.
- Select the option you wish to wager on and tap on the odds of this bet.
- Enter the amount of money in a bet slip and confirm your wager.
To make a multiple bet, combine two or more single selections. At this bookie, selections will be combined for you automatically in the slip.
Another option is to use Betika bet online ID search (e.g. the "Load Betslip" feature). Just type in a booking code on the website and place the related betting pick.
Have you ever wondered how to play Betika via SMS? It is possible!
One can place single and accumulator bets on football by sending a message:
- Get current football odds. Send an SMS with BETIKA to 29090 to get a list of games with ID and 1x2 odds. Send another SMS to receive more games.
- Place a single SMS bet. Use the following combination: GAMEID#PICK#AMOUNT. For example, you want to bet 1000 KES on a draw (pick “X”) in the Chelsea vs Man Utd match, which has an ID number of 789. You send an SMS to 29090 with the following combination: 789#X#1000.
- Place a multibet (accumulator) via SMS. Use the following combination: GAMEID#PICK#GAMEID#PICK#AMOUNT. For example, you want to add another selection to the previous bet on the Chelsea vs Man Utd. The second selection is an over 2.5 goals bet on the Real Madrid vs Barcelona match, which has an ID of 987. The money amount is still 1000 KES. You send an SMS to 29090 with the following combination: 789#X#987#ov25#1000.
- Bet on a jackpot via SMS. Use the following combination: JP#PICK1PICK2PICK3...PICK12. As for picks, 1 stands for a home win, X stands for a draw and 2 stands for an away win. Example: JP#12X2X112X112.
There is a way of how to bet using SMS on Betika on other odds on top of 1x2. To make SMS bets on Betika, name codes for picks are all you need to know:
- 1x2: home win — 1, draw — X, away win — 2.
- Double chance: home or away win — DC12, home win or draw — DC1X, draw or away win — DCX2.
- Both teams to score: to score — GG, not to score — NG.
- Over under (0.5 / 1.5 / 2.5 / 3.5 / 4.5 / 5.5): under 2.5 goals — un25, over 2.5 goals — ov25 (change the number according to the chosen total for other options).
- Half time/full time: home win/draw — htft1X, home win/away win — htft12, away win/draw — htft2X (change the 1x2 combinations for other options).
- Correct score (full time): 1-2 — ftcs12, 2-0 — ftcs20, 0-0 — ftcs00 (change the combination of two numbers according to the chosen score for other options).
- Draw no bet: home win — DNB1, away win — DNB2.
- First half: home win — HT1, away win — HT2.
- First half — Both teams to score: to score — HTGG, not to score — HTNG.
A cashout on Betika is when you make your prediction and then you have an opportunity to sell it back early on. You either redeem some part of your initial stake if the match doesn’t go your way, or you earn some part of your potential winnings without waiting for the match to end, which is possible if it goes the way you have predicted.
Thus, the meaning of the cash out is quite easy to understand — it is a form of a bet insurance for you, which lets you manage your bets on Betika in a live mode.
The rules of how to cash out in Betika are as follows:
- Only sports events specifically selected by the bookie participate.
- Both live and prematch wagers, accumulator and single bets participate.
- You can use both the betting site and their app with cash out, meaning that all online gambling platforms of the bookmaker feature this Betika cashout.
- A free bet as well as any bonus cash can’t be used with cash out.
To check the amount you can get back with a cashout, go to the “My Bets” tab in your account and check unsettled wagers. The amount is based on the current odds.
Types of bets and betting markets offered
You will find many betting markets in the live bet and prematch sections of Betika.
Here are some of the football markets:
- Full time result (1x2)
- Double chance
- Draw no bet
- First half betting
- European handicaps
- Over under goal totals
- Both teams to score
- Correct scores
- Cards and corners betting
- Combined bets, multi goals and more
As for the choosing options in those markets, for example, over under goal total includes options like 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5. You will also find prop bets on Betika: wagering on a certain goalscorer during a football game or on aces of a tennis player.
We have noticed that Betika only misses out on Asian handicaps, e.g. Manchester United (+1.5) or English national football team (-2.5), which are popular overseas.
Nevertheless, the bookmaker provides a wide enough coverage of betting options, and not only in football, but also in basketball, tennis and other sports popular among bettors.
Shikisha Bet and steps of using it
Betika offers a superb feature called Shikisha Bet, which lets you combine different betting markets from the same match into one bet. In Nigeria, it is called Palm Bet, in Ghana — Fabom Beti, in Tanzania — Watafunga, in Ethiopia — Combobet.
You can bet that a particular footballer will score and that both teams will score, in one bet. All that in the same game of football — something like a one-game accumulator!
There are few limitations though: you can’t bet more than 20,000 KES in one wager and can’t add over 20 selections in one shikisha. This way your winnings are capped. For info on other countries, check the Betika review on the corresponding versions of Takebet.
How to place a bet in the “Shikisha Bet” section of Betika:
- Access your betting account and enter the “Shikisha Bet” section from the menu.
- Choose among betting options on offer by tapping on the betting odds.
- Check the “Shikisha Bet” tab for your selections.
- Enter the amount you are willing to bet and confirm.
What are the sports and competitions to bet on?
There are over 20 different sports available for predictions here:
- Ice hockey
- MMA (UFC)
- American football
- Table tennis
To see the tournaments on offer, tap on any sport. In the “Soccer” section, you will see such top leagues as the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga as well as the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. This list extends to other leagues down to second and third-level divisions, including such competitions as England League Two and National League.
While researching tennis, we have seen events from the ATP and WTA Tours, as well as ITF tournaments among men and women. If you take a look at basketball, Betika will please you with NBA and WNBA matches, Liga ACB, NBL and Supercoppa tournaments among others. You can make your prediction on friendly games.
In the eSports section, disciplines such as the League of Legends, CS:GO, Dota 2 and Overwatch are on display with many options of tournaments to wager on.
Note: mentioned above are sporting events that were available on this platform at the time of writing. So it is quite possible that Betika may offer even more action now.
This online betting company offers sporting events with average odds, which are still competitive in the big picture. We have researched the odds at Betika: top football leagues come with margins of 1.5-3%, top basketball has 5-6,5%, top tennis — 6-8%.
Below is the table with calculated odds margins for the 1x2 betting market in some fixtures of football, basketball and tennis (both three-way and two-way ones).
|Football||Premier League||Leeds vs Fulham||1.65||4.20||5.80||1.66%|
|Football||Italian Serie A||Verona vs Roma||4.00||3.80||1.95||2.60%|
|Football||La Liga||Villarreal vs Eibar||1.64||4.20||6.00||1.45%|
|Basketball||NBA||Miami vs Boston||2.30||15.00||1.78||6.32%|
|Basketball||Euroleague||Ostrow vs Rosa||1.15||21.00||5.80||8.96%|
|Tennis||ATP||Shapovalov vs Dimitrov||1.88||-||1.88||6.38%|
|Tennis||ITF Men||Baez vs Forejtek||2.25||-||1.54||9.38%|
Live bet section
There is an option of wagering on in-play events provided by Betika to its customers. That’s how you keep track of what is going on in the game and bet at the same time.
In order to see Betika live bet events, head to the top navigation bar, find the "Live Games" tab and tap on it. You will find in-play games organized by sport. After tapping on any event, you can review its betting markets and match statistics.
Live betting odds on Betika are updated quickly, with red and green arrows indicating up and down movements. The maximum stake in Betika for live bets can be as high as for prematch ones, though in practice expect lower maximums for in-play.
In the live betting mode, you can wager on a big scope of markets, starting with 1x2, over under goals and European handicaps, and finishing with corners and cards.
Playing jackpot on Betika
When it comes to Betika jackpots, this betting site is quite superb.
Below we have showcased jackpots on offer:
- Midweek Jackpot. Bet 15 KES on the 1x2 market in 15 fixtures. If you predict the outcomes of all these events, you will get 15,000,000 KES! Prizes also stand for those who correctly predict 12-14 fixtures.
- Grand Jackpot. Today this mega jackpot from Betika offers staggering 100,000,000 KES. Wager 99 KES — and just a bet slip with 17 correctly predicted match results separates you from 100,000,000 KES. Betika Mabingwa 100 Million Mid Week Jackpot also yields bonus winnings for predictions which correctly get either 0, or 12, or 13, or 14, or 15, or 16 events.
- Betika Daily Jackpot. Wager 10 KES or 100 Betika points and predict eight matches. You will need to guess the 1x2 outcome. The prize pool equals 200,000 KES each day, shared among the winners!
For info on other countries, check this Betika review on the corresponding versions of Takebet.
Getting Betika app for iPhone and Android in 2022
Betika offers both Android and iPhone mobile apps. Go straight to their website at the app.betika.com address to download Betika app for Android. The iPhone application is available in the App Store in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Ghana, Ethiopia and DR Congo.
Follow these steps In order to download the Android app:
- Go to app.betika.com.
- Tap on DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID.
- Download the Betika .APK file, install it and open up.
Otherwise, tap on DOWNLOAD FOR IOS to move to the App Store — and get the Betika app for iPhone.
The interface of the apps is straightforward to use. There is a bottom menu, where you can swap between “Home”, “Live”, “My Bets” and “Profile” tabs. On the first screen, you will find the list of sports with corresponding upcoming and live fixtures. Use the search in the top right corner if you want to pick an exact league or team to bet on.
When tapping on PROFILE, you will be redirected to the section where you can deposit in Betika, withdraw funds, check your bet history and personal details. There is also the “Personal Promotions” section which includes current bonuses for registered customers.
User experience of desktop website and mobile site
This company supports all possible browsers and mobile phones with their adaptive website for desktop and mobile. Sadly, it is still a common occurrence for bettors from Africa to have limited internet access. Betika has a lite mobile site version for such cases as well as a promotion which lets you browse the site on mobile at no cost.
On the new desktop website, all sports are located on the left side of any webpage. If you are using a lite website version, when you tap on any sport — you’ll see a menu with countries and tournaments, with the former containing all competitions on offer. On the full website version, tapping on a sport will make all games appear at the page center.
All the top leagues and events are shown first. After tapping on any of the events, you will find the betting markets and the odds. Tap on the odds of the bet you fancy placing so that your prediction appears in a bet slip. Put in an amount and bet!
An even easier way to do all this is via the online betting Betika mobile website. User experience is about putting main components in handy reach for easier usage. At the top of the mobile website, you will find a choice of popular sports and their chief betting products on offer, which can be Virtuals and Betika League, jackpots, the bet constructor and more. From there you can also get to the app download and install section.
Highlighted top matches are shown first, but you can change them to all upcoming events or browse sports by country. Then, you can also filter matches by their starting time and the day of the week as well as by the very betting market you are betting on.
Our impression is slick enough: the website of Betika is lightweight and functional.
Livestreaming of events in sports
When it comes to the online betting possibilities at this bookmaker, one of their strong points is their livestreaming of football matches and other sports. To watch live events, you need to log into your account and have a positive balance in your account.
Betika lacks a good number of events to watch though, covering only some matches in football, basketball and tennis, and at the time of writing we could find much.
Moreover, the livestreaming may depend on a country version of Betika you use.
Online support service
“How can I communicate with Betika”, you ask? There are several ways to do it.
There is a live chat, but from our experience, conversing with their live chat specialists is a tedious job. Sometimes you wait for an answer for five minutes or more, and sometimes you don’t get it at all, even with a seemingly active specialist in the chat.
If you are tired of waiting, you can email the Betika help center at email@example.com or get in touch with the bookmaker by calling +254729290290 in Kenya.
If you are on Twitter, try mentioning @BetikaKe with your query.
5 things about Betika you should know before betting
Betika is proud of changing people’s lives thanks to betting. But exactly how?
- In 2018, the 35-year-old man, Japheth Kilelu Shako, correctly predicted 15 games in the Midweek Jackpot earning 1,266,386 KES. He has increased his bet up to 100,000 times, and this has changed his life dramatically, he says.
- The firm offers a lite version of the website for users with limited internet access.
- The bookmaker has opened various programmes as part of their response to the Covid-19 pandemic in Kenya. They have allocated 27m KES for healthcare workers, sportsmen and women, students and regular Kenyans in various ways.
- The bookie was third by a monthly amount of declared bets (1.45b KES) in Kenya as of May 2019, according to the leaked BCLB declarations, right before Sportpesa (19.598b KES) and Betin (5.932b KES) exited the market due to the taxation.
- The sportsbook has survived the controversial new government tax of 20% on betting turnover as of 2019, becoming the biggest legal bookie in Kenya at the time.
Betika has numerous advantages, including a wide choice of sporting events and betting markets. This bookmaker is among African leaders from the point of view of immersive prizes they offer to the jackpot winners, and their jackpots are many.
Betika offers bonuses, usually two or three in parallel, and a 20 KES sign up bonus.
When it comes to making deposits in Betika and withdrawing funds, this betting company offers two instant mobile payment methods to their customers in Kenya.
Moreover, the sportsbook offers sporting live streams.
The welcome bonus of Betika is low when compared to their international competitors.
Their betting odds are quite average too. The live section of this online bookmaker may not be so impressive when it comes to the diversity of events they offer. And while Betika indeed provides livestreaming of sporting events, their choice is not that big.
Feedback on the betting site
Being the biggest Kenyan betting company that managed to retain its license with BCLB in 2019, Betika is by far the safest bet for a Kenyan who fancies a wager. This bookmaker also works wider across Africa. The bookie’s choice of events and betting markets is superb, jackpots are outstanding and the platform is great in itself: SMS and USSD functionality, lite website and apps for both Android and iOS, virtuals and TV.
The palette of bonuses here is small compared to international bookies from overseas, but there is a modest welcome bonus and the points loyalty programme!
Overall, Takebet had a solid impression of Betika.